My BLIZZARD BRAWL Recap & Revue

The Brig, for everything else. Pirates-at-large. Free booze.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Riddick
Pirate

My BLIZZARD BRAWL Recap & Revue

Post by Riddick » 12-06-2023 02:25 PM

Got in a half hour before bell. Bleachers were filling up, so no time to check out all the swag for sale. Did get to see rasslers at tables signing autographs & posing for pics & videos - Best was fans & The Boogeyman singing "Boogey Claus Is Coming To Town"

At 6:45 an announcer & ref came to the ring for a "dark match" warm-up between 2 prelim bums. Standard yet entertaining for what it was. The quick paced back-&-forth ended with THE most devastating move in professional wrestling, the surprise roll-up.

All night long, this front-row fan whooped it up like a 6 foot tall 12 year old making a complete spectacle of himself, like he cared! Like ANYONE cared. We were all cheering jeering & laffing out loud. But for $200 he sure worked hard to get his money's worth.

At 7 the bell rang & the show officially began with a triple threat followed by a singles match both showcasing 2 staples of sports entertainment: interference by scantly clad sexpot valets & easily distracted refs & rasslers - Brainlessly brawny? CLASSIC!

A tag bout featuring a mostly ineffectual TV newsman & times of one-on-one big hosses.was best of the night. With face hoss on the ropes & heel hoss set to smash anchor guy with a steel chair, a face rushed in from backstage to make the save.

After the face team's victory they celebrated in the ring with an ably challenged kid - Rasslers being there for him that way prolly made his day, week, month *and* year

Then the GLCW heavyweight belt changed hands. Well fought. Though a heel champ Backwoods Brown took it in stride & with class. Not so much his manager who got in Brown's face before slapping it. Ooops. Backwoods showed him the error of his ways.

Next was a face trainer vs heelish pupil (GLCW promoter's son) time limit match that got "boring" chants. Couldn't disagree. Went to a draw, then "Big Daddy" added 4 minutes! Just before time, 2 heels attacked both to set up a future tag team bout. .

After that the GLCW ladies' title fatal four-way had me headin' for the bar - A true Crusher fan couldn't go the night without some suds! They din't have Bud Light so I settled for Modelo. Never had it before. Not bad but at $6.50 one can was enuff.

Great main event NWA title action, but it was weird Cardona was the heel & EC3 was the face yet a loudmouth official interfered in favor of EC3 to retain - Neither rassler cared for the tarnished finish & both gave the NWA official a fan-pleasing shellacking.

Last but not least? A steel chair signed by the night's talent was raffled off after the show - Woulda been nice to have, but I din't win it. Couldn't bear to part with a buck. (The $6.50 beer was a necessity!) Nevertheless I give BB 2023 *TWO THUMBS UP!*
Last edited by Riddick on 12-07-2023 12:32 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Riddick
Pirate

Re: My BLIZZARD BRAWL Recap & Revue

Post by Riddick » 12-07-2023 12:16 PM

Riddick
Pirate

Re: My BLIZZARD BRAWL Recap & Revue

Post by Riddick » 12-07-2023 12:40 PM

NOTE: I corrected the OP 'cuz the tag bout's mostly ineffectual player is actually a morning news anchor IRL. OK, so I got it wrong. Guess I may as well be a TV weatherman.

Return to “The Brig”