25 Facts About the Winter Solstice

The Brig, for everything else. Pirates-at-large. Free booze.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Riddick
Pirate

25 Facts About the Winter Solstice

Post by Riddick » 12-20-2022 11:41 PM

Whether you’re a fan of winter or just wish it would go away, here are 25 things to note—or even celebrate—about the shortest day of the year. FULL STORY

Doka
Pirate

Re: 25 Facts About the Winter Solstice

Post by Doka » 12-21-2022 11:00 AM

Riddick wrote: 12-20-2022 11:41 PM Whether you’re a fan of winter or just wish it would go away, here are 25 things to note—or even celebrate—about the shortest day of the year. FULL STORY
I prefer the seasons, Except for Summer, have to admit, this winter has me frozen up like a stalled car! It is 12° right now, With HIGH tomorrow of 8°, plus wind . Hey! The gods are pissed off, we are going to suffer!
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Riddick
Pirate

Snow Foolin'

Post by Riddick » 12-21-2022 02:07 PM

Doka wrote: 12-21-2022 11:00 AM
Riddick wrote: 12-20-2022 11:41 PM Whether you’re a fan of winter or just wish it would go away, here are 25 things to note—or even celebrate—about the shortest day of the year. FULL STORY
I prefer the seasons, Except for Summer, have to admit, this winter has me frozen up like a stalled car! It is 12° right now, With HIGH tomorrow of 8°, plus wind . Hey! The gods are pissed off, we are going to suffer!
It's 11° here right now but it'll warm up to near 30 as a winter storm heads our way. There's an advisory for tomorrow & a forecast for blizzard conditions in the evening into Friday with temps falling below 0° & wind chills as low as 30-40° below. Initial forecast was for an 8-12" snow total but now it's just up to 6, yet with winds of 30-40 mph & gusts up to 60 what snow there is is gonna get whipped into a white-out & massive drifts.

Ok, I get it, they're pissed off, so the gods want us to suffer. Still, how'll wicked weather like this just now put things right? Folks sure won't feel very repentant in the face of a White Christmas overkill.
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Doka
Pirate

Re: 25 Facts About the Winter Solstice

Post by Doka » 12-21-2022 04:47 PM

Putting "Things" right, doesn't appear on their agenda ...........
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Riddick
Pirate

The New "Gods"

Post by Riddick » 12-22-2022 04:23 AM

Doka wrote: 12-21-2022 04:47 PM Putting "Things" right, doesn't appear on their agenda ...........
So what good are they? Especially this time of year. Where's their holiday spirit? As if Dems haven't caused enuff Xmas season suffering with wild spending, Wokeism & wars? Promoting world peace & good will to all isn't their bag, nosiree.

Yes, humans are flawed, but it's by nature & expecting perfection will only lead to an even more impaired world. At least some strive to be less imperfect & not force a futile utopian ideal on everyone. Humans aren't gods. Some want to be.

I doubt the gods are po'ed 'cuz they see us as competition. Natural disasters are a way of reminding us we're way out of their league. 'Course, climatistas say extreme weather is our doing but we can fix that! Right. No little god complex there.

Still, to whatever beyond human ken end the gods intend, if seeing us suffer is what they want, with all the crises caused by wannabes, the world's current trajectory taken to its (il)logical end could well give 'em a run for their disaster money.
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Return to “The Brig”