R. Gary Patterson: to his many fans & his last book's greatest review!

For music-related discussions

Moderator: Super Moderators

Malaria_Kidd II
Pirate
Location: SW IN USA-UK Midlands SCANIAowner @ Sound Cloud - @ Supernaturalearth

R. Gary Patterson: to his many fans & his last book's greatest review!

Post by Malaria_Kidd II » 12-05-2021 09:16 AM

Amazon Books :)

Gary pioneered alternate news and multiple mysteries discovered in spades inside the music world history of rock and roll. :shock:

"Take A Walk On The Dark Side: Rock N Roll Myth, Legends, and Curses" by R. Gary Patterson

Verified Purchase

Rock and Roll's Fox Mulder strikes again!

Several years ago, I took a chance and interviewed R. Gary Patterson on my radio show about his book, " The Walrus Was Paul " " The Great Beatle Death Clues of 1969."

The reaction I got from my listeners was unprecedented. People called to complain saying they were late for work because they refused to leave their cars until the interview was over.

Time has passed and we lost touch. Then I saw that Gary had written a new book so I took chance number two and purchased it. Wow, " Take A Walk On The Dark Side " by R. Gary Patterson, is a chapter by chapter compilation of weird and spooky Rock and Roll myths and legends, warnings and harbingers, premeditated and organic, gruesome deaths and peaceful endings, coincidences and once in a lifetime tall tales.

They're all wrapped up in a dandy book that can serve as common ground for young people and their elders, who have long shared and passed along in urban legend fashion over the past 50 years ( save Robert Johnson ) of these person to person whispered rock secrets.

These are the tales my friends and I spoke about in the dark, in hushed breaths, blankets over our heads with the ghosts of electricity howling by flashlight onto the bones of our faces. Back then, rock and roll itself was the mysterious force that separated, divided and distinguished my generation from that of our parents.

Until Gary Patterson came along, there was no one to represent the interests of this musically macabre constituency. The funereally fascinated can take ( a still beating ) heart because " Take A Walk On the Dark Side," surely will be their cup of blood.

For me, the chilling thrill of finally reading about tales that have heretofore only existed as the shrouded starless spectral secrets of rock's far more intriguing underside is triumphant, if overdue validation that my friends and I have not been the only ones interested in this saturnine subject.

At this point I think it necessary to address what seems to be a misconception of some of my fellow reviewers. It appears to me that the objective of the book is to assemble many of the more mysterious and compelling stories from the " dark side " of rock and roll and bring them into the light of day. Gary Patterson has done just that.

Reviewers mrliteral and HDBboth expressed dismay that the confirmation or dismissal of these tales is sometimes missing.

I searched through the book after I read their reviews to see if Patterson ever stated that that was his goal.

Looking for confirmation or debunking? Forget it. Nowhere is it stated that he has set out to debunk these stories - what fun would that be?

However, if what you crave is an extended visit to rock and roll's ever enthralling " dark side, " R. Gary Patterson's " Take a Walk On the Dark Side " Rock and Roll Myth Legends and Curses is lurking in the shadows for you.

Can't wait for the film or TV shows to follow. :wink:

Author and radio show host unknown at Amazon

"Best", MK II :hearteyes

My links found in this forum that Gary was totally familiar with will be here soon, so stand-by.

2004: Email #1 was a personal Rock N Roll mystery
viewtopic.php?f=41&t=49631

Email #2 I allowed 4 years for this to find it's way into alternate news venues. Before I told this eerie Rock connection to Ian on Coast to Coast AM.

viewtopic.php?f=41&t=50163
Last edited by Malaria_Kidd II on 03-13-2022 04:08 PM, edited 2 times in total.
[*]@ #2 Find the eerie antedating of 12/7/1941 vs 9/11/01

#1 A

https://youtu.be/DUY8aSx8-yo

#1 B

๐ŸŒŽ ๐Ÿ” ๐ŸŒ ๐Ÿ—ป ๐ŸŒ ๐ŸŒ‹
https://youtu.be/ajRuvYMk30E

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/superna ... -t543.html

Malaria_Kidd II
Pirate
Location: SW IN USA-UK Midlands SCANIAowner @ Sound Cloud - @ Supernaturalearth

My Belated Review Of Gary's Last Book

Post by Malaria_Kidd II » 12-08-2021 08:01 PM

July 14, 2004 via Coast to Coast AM!
Reviewed in the United States on December 3, 2021
I do have my close, late friend R. Gary Patterson's eerie, rock mysteries book purchased on Amazon.
Rated 5 stars!๐Ÿ˜ฎ
๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ

Well down the page one reviewer notes "hidden messages" in Gary's July 14, 2004 release of "Take A Walk On The Dark Side" highlighted that very night by Coast to Coast AM host George Noory. I was Gary's confidant on just the music of Pink Floyd. George's perfect introduction on Gary's newest book closed with this line, "And to whether the death of Princess Diana was long foretold in a coupl'a songs." This book that all of these 101 reviewers own did mention The Floyd's alt news, famed, lyrical, connections to "The Wizard of Oz" and their masterpiece, "Dark Side of the Moon". But what Gary was aware existed since 1986 in George's quote, was discovered by me on September 6, 1997. We both agreed 100% that was not meant for his book reviewer's eyes or copyright investigator$! Prophecy is never set in stone. But the vast enlightening sides of all Rock N Roll are rolling rocks engraved with millions of lyrics for any fan to simply interpret or pass up completely. Best, C.J. @Malaria_Kidd on Twitter and SCANIAowner at Sound Cloud dot com.

Thank you for your review.

That took well over a week for my posts approval just as Amazon Books noted it would. :D

MK II โˆ†=โšพ "JERRY!"
[*]@ #2 Find the eerie antedating of 12/7/1941 vs 9/11/01

#1 A

https://youtu.be/DUY8aSx8-yo

#1 B

๐ŸŒŽ ๐Ÿ” ๐ŸŒ ๐Ÿ—ป ๐ŸŒ ๐ŸŒ‹
https://youtu.be/ajRuvYMk30E

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/superna ... -t543.html

Return to โ€œMusicโ€