Dallas Horror: 11 Cops Shot By Snipers

National news scene

Moderator: Super Moderators

voguy
Pirate

Re: Dallas Horror: 11 Cops Shot By Snipers

Post by voguy » 07-09-2016 07:14 PM

SWAT units activated in Downtown Dallas, police looking for man
Justin Boggs - 6:35 PM, Jul 9, 2016 (14 mins ago)

Dallas Police said that SWAT units are surrounding a parking garage near Dallas Police headquarters Saturday afternoon as the police department has received a number of threats. Police said that it is looking for a suspicious person who entered the garage adjacent to headquarters.

The threats came just two days after five officers were shot to death by a sniper during a Black Lives Matter protest.

The police's SWAT unit is currently clearing the area around police headquarters.

WFAA-TV in Dallas reported that 25 officers stormed out of the headquarters with gun trained on top of a parking garage. Reporters in the area were told to "get down."

Dallas Police tweeted to local media to stop broadcasting live shots near Dallas Police headquarters.

There have not been any reports of shots fired, as of 6:50 CT.

Dallas Police said at 6:50 CT it is going to breach a locked door in the garage with a shotgun.

CBS-DFW said that police is looking for a man who ran into a parking garage near police headquarters seen wearing a sweatshirt and mask.
SOURCES: One person spotted in DFW from Houston group that allegedly had intent to kill Dallas PD officers @CBSDFW pic.twitter.com/G9W7Jro95O
— Jeff Paul (@Jeff_Journalist) July 9, 2016
Police forces around the country are on high alert following Thursday's massacre that also injured seven, in addition to the five officers who were killed in the line of duty. Many police departments are requiring officers to work in pairs this weekend.

Several roads around headquarters along with several mass transit stops have been closed.

The lockdown comes as several events honoring Dallas' fallen officers were taking placing across the city.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 07-09-2016 07:15 PM

Live video at THIS LINK
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 07-09-2016 08:06 PM

The guy told the cop he had a gun and a permit, the cop asked him for his License and when he went into the glove box to get it, the idiot shot him to death with a little girl in the back seat. How freakin stupid is that? Nobody can convince me that he would have done that to a white guy.

I've lived in the big city several times over the last 45 years and I've travelled to big cities, some of yours in fact. I'll stay in the bush thanks.

I read the same stuff you do. I wasn't there and neither were you.
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 07-09-2016 10:49 PM

VO - Further to your tiresome innuendos that my opinion is not valid because I've only visited the US but have never lived there.

We are saturated with American culture and have been for as long as I can remember, here in Canada and the UK. I was a young adult during the civil rights movement and watched every sad moment on TV. I read books, watch documentaries, and am a news junkie and the internet has further educated me on racism in the US.

Many successful authors have written fiction and accurate, insightful non fiction about places they've only visited and sometimes have never even been to solely based on research.

After spending many years watching and reading about racism in the US, my opinion is as valid as yours. The difference between us is that you refuse to believe it exists. Racism is alive and well in Canada and the UK and I am not so blinded by patriotism that I would ever deny it exists.
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Malaria_Kidd II
Pirate
Location: SW IN USA-UK Midlands SCANIAowner @ Sound Cloud - @ Supernaturalearth

Re: Dallas Horror: 11 Cops Shot By One Sniper

Post by Malaria_Kidd II » 07-10-2016 12:33 AM

Johnson's Facebook page account also identified him as Fahed Hassen and as Richard GRIFFIN or Professor Grif, who embraces a "radical form of Afrocentrisim". Johnson as GRIFFIN authored a book titled "A Warrior's Tapestry."

That sad afternoon one wonder's what name he was of thinking about before he snapped! :oops:

We'll soon know if he suffered from PTSD and if he was taking prescribed psychcotrophic drugs in mulitples! :?

From the UK's The Sun on line........

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1410632/d ... obot-bomb/

MK II :(
[*]@ #2 Find the eerie antedating of 12/7/1941 vs 9/11/01

#1 A

https://youtu.be/DUY8aSx8-yo

#1 B

🌎 🏔 🌏 🗻 🌍 🌋
https://youtu.be/ajRuvYMk30E

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/superna ... -t543.html

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 07-10-2016 12:51 AM

At least this man is being seen as a lone deranged killer and the Black community is not being dragged into a blame game for this man's insane actions. We don't blame all white people when a white man snaps and kills.

I watched 48 Hours tonight on the killing of the officers and I wanted cry. So sad and so senseless. :(

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 07-10-2016 01:26 AM

safe_image.jpg
safe_image.jpg (56.9 KiB) Viewed 5258 times

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 07-10-2016 08:31 AM

Reading is one thing, RA. Living it is another.

I've been through the riots. I've seen both sides ugly as hell, and have faced someone who had the ability to kill me. My opinions are formed by years in the business seeing dead bodies, interacting with people first-hand, and having a weapon pointed at my nose. I don't think you can say you've been in that situation, no more than I can offer an educated opinion on logging in the NW.

I respect your right to state your opinion, but we shall disagree on some things.

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 07-10-2016 08:34 AM

This was posted on the local FOPA (Fraternal Order of Police, Associates) we site.

The presentation is the opinion of Richard Johnson, PhD, and may not in some people's views offer a reasonable explanation. Still, it's worth looking at if only to get another "opinion".

LINK TO PRESENTATION

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 07-10-2016 09:28 AM

voguy wrote:This was posted on the local FOPA (Fraternal Order of Police, Associates) we site.

The presentation is the opinion of Richard Johnson, PhD, and may not in some people's views offer a reasonable explanation. Still, it's worth looking at if only to get another "opinion".

LINK TO PRESENTATION

Very well presented, See the same statistics presented over and over. A woman by the name of Heather MacDonald, has just written a book regarding the same thing.

In the end, no one , can save anyone from themselves.
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 07-10-2016 09:49 AM

It really comes down to being accountable for our own actions.

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 07-10-2016 02:59 PM

voguy wrote:I respect your right to state your opinion, but we shall disagree on some things.
Law makers form opinions and make decisions on many things they themselves have never personally experienced. Everybody in the world forms opinions about things happening in the world they've never personally experienced.

Think what you like, I'm not easily intimidated.

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 07-10-2016 04:04 PM

Raggedyann Quote:

"Law makers form opinions and make decisions on many things they themselves have never personally experienced. Everybody in the world forms opinions about things happening in the world they've never personally experienced. "

No wonder the the world is so messed up, our leaders don't know a thing about what they are doing. !! Just if it benefits them of course. I read a book about a brain surgeon, therefore I am qualified to do brain surgery .............Next!
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 07-10-2016 04:14 PM

Just look at what they signed into law about GMO Labeling. :cry:

When you think they can't be stupider, they do something else which tops the previous stupid thing. It's as if they are in a contest to see "what can I do to screw people today."

Then again, I'm not commenting on some other nation's politics without skin in the game. ::p

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 07-10-2016 04:22 PM

Obama: 'Very Hard to Untangle' Dallas Shooter's Motive
DPD chief: "The suspect said he wanted to kill white people, especially white officers."
Jul 09, 2016 | By Michael Warren

President Obama said at a Saturday press conference in Poland that it is "very hard to untangle the motives" of the shooter in Dallas who killed five police officers Thursday evening.

"First of all, I think it's very hard to untangle the motivers of this shooter," said Obama. "I'll leave that to psychologists and people who study these kinds of incidents...I think the danger is that we somehow suggest the act of a troubled individuals speaks to some larger political statement across the country."

Watch the video below, which juxtaposes Obama's statement with that of Dallas police chief David Brown, who said the suspected shooter, the now deceased Micah Xavier Johnson, "wanted to kill white people, especially white officers."

I thought the killer's manifesto was quite clear, and the reason he gave over the timeline suggested premeditation. I don't think the population as a whole sees this as a larger political statement across the country, or a gun problem. This was someone who was angry and planned out this crime of opportunity.

Also see the CNN STORY which picks up on this.

Return to “National”