Mammoth to become state fossil?

For non-partisan discussion ONLY. This policy will be strictly moderated and enforced. For those with eyes wide open, visionaries, lunatics, humorists (definitely!)

Moderator: Super Moderators

SquidInk

Mammoth to become state fossil?

Post by SquidInk » 04-14-2014 03:50 PM

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-new ... 74/?no-ist
Section 1-1-712A. The Columbian Mammoth, which was created on the Sixth Day with the other beasts of the field, is designated as the official State Fossil of South Carolina and must be officially referred to as the 'Columbian Mammoth', which was created on the Sixth Day with the other beasts of the field.
Not kidding.

http://www.scstatehouse.gov/sess120_201 ... s/4482.htm

We pay these people.
For if it profit, none dare call it Treason.

Riddick
Pirate

Re: Mammoth to become state fossil?

Post by Riddick » 06-06-2016 11:27 PM

Their pay ought be commensurate with their performance as public servants.

I mean, who else elevates an issue like state fossil to mammoth proportions?

Forget adults. If a 3rd grade mentality will suffice, let's just elect 8 year olds!
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

voguy
Pirate

Re: Mammoth to become state fossil?

Post by voguy » 06-07-2016 04:14 PM

Riddick wrote:Their pay ought be commensurate with their performance as public servants.
I mean, who else elevates an issue like state fossil to mammoth proportions?
Forget adults. If a 3rd grade mentality will suffice, let's just elect 8 year olds!
EXCELLENT

I've always maintained that the pay of a congressman or senator should be proportional to the prosperity of the bottom 20%, with a subtraction for the number of people not working in their district. Based on that, some would be working for free.

What a lot of people don't comprehend is those in the early years of our country who were asked to serve in positions of senator, congress, and president, protested vehemently against serving. The reason was that the pay was a fraction of what they would earn in the private sector. It wasn't until the end of WW-II did they realize they could vote their own raises and exclusions from law, making themselves very wealthy. This is exactly what lead to the downfall of Rome, and what Eisenhower talked about in his famous speech. People should be incensed by this, and not by gorillas who were killed, neutral gender bathrooms, and all the other effin nonsense.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Return to “Pirates and Skeptics -P&G, etc”