You've been called out

Moderator: Super Moderators

SquidInk

You've been called out

Post by SquidInk » 10-02-2011 10:29 PM

[...]

Who the hell cares? If the stocks of ExxonMobil or the coal industry or Goldman Sachs are high, life is good. Profit. Profit. Profit. That is what they chant behind those metal barricades. They have their fangs deep into your necks. If you do not shake them off very, very soon they will kill you. And they will kill the ecosystem, dooming your children and your children’s children. They are too stupid and too blind to see that they will perish with the rest of us. So either you rise up and supplant them, either you dismantle the corporate state, for a world of sanity, a world where we no longer kneel before the absurd idea that the demands of financial markets should govern human behavior, or we are frog-marched toward self-annihilation.

[...]

- source

What are you gonna do about it? Nothing? Yeah, I know...

Frog Marched... I love that visual. In fact, I could have written this -- maybe I have, I'll check the archive... brb
Last edited by SquidInk on 10-02-2011 10:33 PM, edited 1 time in total.
For if it profit, none dare call it Treason.

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 10-02-2011 10:44 PM

Although, Kevin over at Cryptogon did bring up this point:

American 'Protest' : http://cryptome.org/info/occupy-wall-st ... ll-st6.htm

... the images of Apple's 3rd world crap-ware, and piles of fast food being consumed at the anti-corporate rallye in NYC are extremely disturbing. Take a look at images from another current protest venue, where fear and laziness have not killed the fighting spirit...

Santiago, Chile: http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2011/0 ... chile.html

oh, and here is their rebel leader:

Sheesh... what the hell happened to this place? Land of the free, home of the brave.

Here are some heroic NYC police, penning up unarmed, peaceful females & macing them:

It's hard to know truth from fiction anymore... are we to take all of this at face value?

Play this next one as you browse the photos at the links above...

Last edited by SquidInk on 10-02-2011 11:15 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Bobbi Snow
Pirate

Post by Bobbi Snow » 10-03-2011 01:53 AM

Yes, this is all so sad. Rod wants so badly to join the protest down in Los Angeles, but he's too old, and if the LAPD gets out of control, a blow to his head at his age could possibly kill him, and I'm not well enough to go camp out in a tent on the Courthouse Lawn. My immune system is practically nil, and if someone sprayed me with tear gas, I'd have an asthma attack and might die, too. Sometimes being older gets in the way of being able to participate in doing the right things...

Five years ago I protested the DEA building in downtown L.A. in favor of legalized Marijuana, hoping to get them to stop the raids on our Farmacies. It felt so good to do it, and to be interviewed on TV and radio about it, even though I was not well then. But the march nearly killed me... Three miles is a long ways to march, uphill, when you're unwell and the asthma kicks in.

I hope the Law Makers see that we're on the verge of an American Spring... and take steps to get the banks and hedge funds under control before civil unrest leaps into something more serious.

Meanwhile, my heart is with all these protesters. I hope they can make a difference.
ImageIf you're still breathing, it's not too late!

HB3

Post by HB3 » 10-03-2011 07:46 AM

Squidink,

Of course, as you know, these protesters are all -- or mostly or predominantly -- total dip****s.

Bobbi,

Noted leftist asshole Van Jones has been calling for an "American Autumn."

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/van-jon ... n-october/

Hooray! It'll probably work out as well as the "Arab Spring" is.
Last edited by HB3 on 10-03-2011 07:50 AM, edited 1 time in total.

HB3

Post by HB3 » 10-03-2011 07:49 AM

And this is pretty funny. Did you see that guy on the left? Jesus, what a douche.

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 10-03-2011 09:24 AM

Yes, I know ... that's why I offered a pictorial comparison, wherein I showcased the Chilean communist movement. I disagree with them politically, but at least they understand the need to sacrifice in order to bring about change. The people in your video just wanted to 'send Obama' to do it all, while they synced itunes on their ironic retro pocket watches.
We're the overeducated & underemployed
I particularly detest this battle cry. It's ignorant on so many friggin' levels.

Again, take off the department store hipster costumes, crush your corporate 'icrap', toss the Mickey D's. These people can't even articulate their concept for 'change' -- I guess they're way too educated for that!

We certainly need to dislodge the current corporate/government/military parasite, but walking in circles with signs is not going to do that. The time for protest was 30 years ago.

As far as I can tell, we now have the ignorant, lazy 'Over educated under employed' versus the dishonorable, cowardly 'cops with enormous arsenals & itchy fingers'.

It's been building up to this for years. The American Autumn? No, let's just call a spade a spade -- it's the American Fall.
Last edited by SquidInk on 10-18-2011 10:59 AM, edited 1 time in total.

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 10-03-2011 09:33 AM

But situations like this are a huge part of the problem too -http://www.businessweek.com/news/2011-0 ... liday.html . It's not just 'overeducated' goofballs dressing like Dickens characters that I've likely never heard of, and sipping good coffee in the cool autumn drizzle.

I can't put into words the disgust I have for these corporations. That business form has to go -- there is no legitimate reason for it to exist, and now it holds everything we care about -- our whole cultural identity -- for ransom.

Last edited by SquidInk on 10-03-2011 09:36 AM, edited 1 time in total.

HB3

Post by HB3 » 10-03-2011 09:49 AM

I guess I tend to agree. Yeah, when we're dealing with globalist corporatism.

But here's a question regarding the rationalizations of the protesters, specifically in regard to the "99%" thing.

How much wealth does that "one percent" hold? Let's say we took all of it. Would that even pay off the U.S. deficit for a single year? How much wealth does Bill Gates have? Steve Jobs? (Oh, wait -- he'd be exempt from any wealth reclamation :) ) It's not anywhere close to even a trillion dollars, right?

So maybe if we seized all the wealth of the wealthiest citizens we'd make a minor dent in the budget for one year.

Then what?

No, it's all really about something else, as usual. The protesters are incoherent and don't understand anything, least of all themselves.

HB3

Post by HB3 » 10-03-2011 03:20 PM

It's probably just settin' up sides for a civil war, don't you think? "Divide and conquer"?

Or maybe it's sincere? Maybe it really is the battle between two ideologies that can no longer co-exist. And what those two ideologies really represent is only half-consciously understood.

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 10-03-2011 07:08 PM

IF you took all of the wealth in this country it would not cure our ills and then what do you do as the RICH are no longer rich so then who do you rail against?

These folks remind me of Woodstock on Wall Street - not a pretty picture but more importantly not accomplishing one **&^$)(*^$ thing.
A man's character is his fate

megman
Parrothead

Post by megman » 10-03-2011 07:14 PM

Here's an interesting visualization of the US debt:

US debt in $100 bills
Still an Original Pirate since Aug 2000
Wanna ride the Zamboni?

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 10-03-2011 07:18 PM

Their protests are oddly familiar to the way Egypt, Libya, Greece. and other nations started. Started by rebels who came with all sorts of thoughts and ideas. But as time marched on, the goal became focused.

Just one question, pirates. When the government fires on these people, will it be injustice, or did they just have it coming to them?
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

megman
Parrothead

Post by megman » 10-03-2011 07:44 PM

voguy wrote: Their protests are oddly familiar to the way Egypt, Libya, Greece. and other nations started. Started by rebels who came with all sorts of thoughts and ideas. But as time marched on, the goal became focused.

Just one question, pirates. When the government fires on these people, will it be injustice, or did they just have it coming to them?

It will be dejavu.........
Still an Original Pirate since Aug 2000
Wanna ride the Zamboni?

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 10-03-2011 08:18 PM

Just to my ear- these protestors sound incoherent and completely uninformed.

I'm sorry I'm not in sympathy - but then I wasn't with it during the sixties either - too busy working - then and now.

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 10-03-2011 08:20 PM

megman wrote: Here's an interesting visualization of the US debt:

US debt in 0 bills

Great visual - :eek:

Return to “Philosophy”