Wisconsin Updates

Moderator: Super Moderators

rumike
Pirate

Post by rumike » 04-21-2011 10:25 PM

SETIsLady wrote:
Source the Wisconsin Gov Accountablity Board. I guess he thinks that if he says it, then it must be true :rolleyes:

Typical. Like when the Repubs in the House decided that they could pass laws unilaterally without Senate and White House approval. The lack of understanding of basic civics is astonishing.

I think the recall of the Dem Senators is laughable. They are trying to recall Dems in already blue districts by offering voters beer. Seriously? I'm so glad I don't have to worry about that. Unless a GOP official is involved in the vote counting...
Anchors Aweigh!

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 04-21-2011 10:35 PM

rumike wrote: I'm so glad I don't have to worry about that. Unless a GOP official is involved in the vote counting...
Since I live in Palm Beach County this whole counting real votes matters to me :) We had a bad experience with that once !

SETIsLady
Pirate

Next up Republican Sen. Robert Cowles

Post by SETIsLady » 04-26-2011 12:00 AM

We are officially filing our recall petition with the GAB on Thursday. A HUGE thank you to everyone who worked so hard to do this.
http://twitter.com/#%21/RecallCowles/st ... 4310928385

Petition to be filed Thursday against Sen. Robert Cowles
There had been some debate as to whether or not a county that so heavily favored Scott Walker last November would have the signatures to recall Republican Sen. Robert Cowles, but the organization working toward that end today announced that it had achieved its goal.

A recall petition against Cowles will be submitted to the Government Accountability Board this Thursday, putting the number of Republican senators facing recall elections at six after signatures were delivered against Alberta Darling on April 21. Three Democratic senators - Dave Hansen, Robert Wirch, and Jim Holperin - have also had recall petitions filed against them.

http://www.dane101.com/current/2011/04/ ... ert_cowles
Last edited by SETIsLady on 04-26-2011 12:02 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Iris
Pirate

Post by Iris » 05-07-2011 03:09 AM

Thanks for this thread, Linda. Nice job!
We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately. B. Franklin

Shazam
Pirate

Post by Shazam » 05-07-2011 07:34 AM

Recalls are for sore losers........and failures I guess that`s why Wisconsin Dems are pushing so hard...they can not even bother to show up to do there job......nor do they believe in democracy apparently....because they are constantly trying to thwart the will and intention of the Voters....hopefully the courts SHUT DOWN this MASSIVE waste of time and precious tax payer dollars

Rombaldi
Call Me "Hussein"

Post by Rombaldi » 05-08-2011 03:52 AM

Shazam wrote: Recalls are for sore losers........and failures I guess that`s why Wisconsin Dems are pushing so hard...they can not even bother to show up to do there job......nor do they believe in democracy apparently....because they are constantly trying to thwart the will and intention of the Voters....hopefully the courts SHUT DOWN this MASSIVE waste of time and precious tax payer dollars
You are a true jackass aren't you? Just and out and out rabble rousing idjit. Do you come by this demented mindset naturally or have you had to work at it, practice your moronic and just plain old dumb attitude? No it has to be an act, no one could be that far over the edge and really believe your dimwitted attitude. If you knew a DAMN thing you would know that STATE LAW says the recount is proper in a race that close, it's not a waste of time and money.. it's the law.
Republican - re·pub·li·can (r-pbl-kn) - political party, which will control part of Congress 2011-2012, undermining the strength of the country - on purpose, in public, without apology or shame - simply for a campaign advantage in 2012.

Shazam
Pirate

Post by Shazam » 05-08-2011 07:54 AM

Rombaldi wrote: You are a true jackass aren't you? Just and out and out rabble rousing idjit. Do you come by this demented mindset naturally or have you had to work at it, practice your moronic and just plain old dumb attitude? No it has to be an act, no one could be that far over the edge and really believe your dimwitted attitude. If you knew a DAMN thing you would know that STATE LAW says the recount is proper in a race that close, it's not a waste of time and money.. it's the law.

Well ROM if u bothered to read what I SAID instead of what you THOUGHT I said... I said RECALL not RECOUNT:rolleyes:

Rombaldi
Call Me "Hussein"

Post by Rombaldi » 05-09-2011 02:22 AM

Recalls are part of STATE LAW too.. so no matter what.. IT'S THE LAW...
Republican - re·pub·li·can (r-pbl-kn) - political party, which will control part of Congress 2011-2012, undermining the strength of the country - on purpose, in public, without apology or shame - simply for a campaign advantage in 2012.

Shazam
Pirate

Post by Shazam » 05-09-2011 06:31 AM

Rombaldi wrote: Recalls are part of STATE LAW too.. so no matter what.. IT'S THE LAW...
Just because there law don`t mean they are not stupid and Unnecessary....and a way to screw over voters whom actually bothered to SHOW UP (unlike WIS dem lawmakers) to do there JOBS as citizens to vote...

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 05-09-2011 02:45 PM

All the moaning and groaning in WI - have any teachers lost their jobs?

Look at NY - teachers jobs cut - gee where are the Dems yelling about this?

Look at -- other states where teacher's jobs have been cut - where are the DEMS moaning and groaning about those?

There are unions everywhere - teachers and others. Job performance is what really counts.

Rombaldi
Call Me "Hussein"

Post by Rombaldi » 05-10-2011 11:39 AM

Shazam wrote: Just because there law don`t mean they are not stupid and Unnecessary....and a way to screw over voters whom actually bothered to SHOW UP (unlike WIS dem lawmakers) to do there JOBS as citizens to vote...
Once again, your rampant STUPIDITY and IGNORANCE is stunning.. either that or you're just wanting to spew your lies around.

A RECALL is when the person isn't doing the job they said they would do. That they have lost the confidence of the populace and no longer deserve the office they are occupying.

Grow up idiot, or better yet. Go. Away.

turtle101
Ship's Bartender

Post by turtle101 » 05-25-2011 12:08 AM

oopps
Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.

Kaztronic

Post by Kaztronic » 05-25-2011 12:24 AM

My guess is they will cheer on their party in pursuing the exact same course of action (lawsuits), that they claim to detest when it is pursued by the other party.
Image "You'll get used to my babbling, all the others have." - Anna Madrigal from "Tales Of The City" by Armistead Maupin

Patty
Pirate

Post by Patty » 05-25-2011 02:30 AM

what Kaz said. :cool: and they should have to pay out of their own pockets the cost for such a ridiculous action.
Last edited by Patty on 05-25-2011 02:33 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Debcat
Pirate

Post by Debcat » 05-27-2011 01:34 PM

Unless you are knowledgeable about all the shenanigans in Waukesha County, your opinion & POV doesn't exactly carry a lot of weight.
Most counties as it turned out functioned quite well and passed the audit with flying colors. One notable exception (the infamous Waukesha Co.) did not -numerous chain of custody malfunctions, bags of ballots that had been opened, etc.

IMHO, one useful thing about the recount is that it clearly illustrates what constitutes normal "human error" VS. a chronic pattern of incompetence and/or dereliction of duty. Hopefully that will provide enough leverage to can KN's sorry @$$.

Accountability and verification of vote = ridiculous action? Whatever.

Return to “Politics and Government 2010-2013”