Hooo Boy. Wingnut Poll or Not?

Moderator: Super Moderators

Live365
Ship's Bos'n

Post by Live365 » 03-23-2010 09:27 PM

Raggedyann wrote: Bush also walked out the door and left the U.S. and to some degree, much of the world, in an economic mess because he failed to legislate regulations of Wall Street, the big banks and insurance companies when it was evident that an economic crash was imminent. He allowed these corporations to steal from their fellow citizens under the philosophy of "free enterprise". This was not free enterprise in the true meaning of capitalism. It was robbery, strategized and carried out at the highest levels. Bush sat back and let his henchmen run the show, as he was too lazy or too stupid to lead.

Is this sourced? I swear I've seen this before. Are these original thoughts? Or copied and pasted? It's okay. Either way. Swear!
Did you ever stop to think, and then forget to start again?

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 03-23-2010 09:43 PM

Live365 wrote: Is this sourced? I swear I've seen this before. Are these original thoughts? Or copied and pasted? It's okay. Either way. Swear!

Yeah, I know its the same old story. The words are mine for whatever they are worth. I swear! There's only so many ways you can call a crook a crook. If I had written all my "other" thoughts re Bush, it may have appeared awfully disrespectful to RH. And I enjoy RH and this place. :) Just trying to defend the wing nuts on this side of the fence.
Last edited by Raggedyann on 03-23-2010 09:52 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Live365
Ship's Bos'n

Post by Live365 » 03-23-2010 10:09 PM

Raggedyann wrote: And I enjoy RH and this place. :) Just trying to defend the wing nuts on this side of the fence.

No one is invested in encouraging this. But if you and I were ever to meet in a room, I fear fires would start. At least on my part.

I think we need to agree to disagree. I'll leave yer posts alone.
Please carry on.

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 03-23-2010 10:34 PM

Don't feel discouraged, Raggedyann. ;) There are many who agree with your perspective here, as you may know - and do not give much credence to the revisionist history presented in this thread.

The implications go far beyond partisan politics, and methods were designed to be effective precisely due to the fervor of partisan politics ginned up by tptb to accomplish ends.

Live365
Ship's Bos'n

Post by Live365 » 03-23-2010 10:43 PM

Uh, how come this Raggedyann person gets to pi$$ on everyone's else posts (please see history), but a histrionic fit is thrown every time some one questions hers?

I'm alone in the car on this. I get it. Carry on.

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 03-23-2010 10:52 PM

'This Raggedyann person'? and 'histrionic fit'?

With thoughts as these you may be 'alone in a car'.

Personal remarks and acerbic comments do not encourage a friendly posting atmosphere - imo.

Live365
Ship's Bos'n

Post by Live365 » 03-23-2010 11:02 PM

Agreed!

I still...okay, with this person. Agreed.

Rombaldi
Call Me "Hussein"

Post by Rombaldi » 03-24-2010 01:15 PM

Live365 wrote: Is this sourced? I swear I've seen this before. Are these original thoughts? Or copied and pasted?

It's the truth. That's all that's important.
Republican - re·pub·li·can (r-pbl-kn) - political party, which will control part of Congress 2011-2012, undermining the strength of the country - on purpose, in public, without apology or shame - simply for a campaign advantage in 2012.

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 03-24-2010 01:56 PM

Yes, unfortunately it is the truth.

I want to say it once again, for the record, that my post was written by me and not copied from somewhere else. If it it sounds cliched, tired and old is for others to decide. I couldn't care less.

I will not forget what this man did for 8 years and nobody else should either, imo.
Last edited by Raggedyann on 03-24-2010 01:59 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 03-24-2010 02:01 PM

Linnea wrote: Don't feel discouraged, Raggedyann. ;) There are many who agree with your perspective here, as you may know - and do not give much credence to the revisionist history presented in this thread.

The implications go far beyond partisan politics, and methods were designed to be effective precisely due to the fervor of partisan politics ginned up by tptb to accomplish ends.

:) :) :)

Linnea

Gallup Poll on HCR - March 22nd, 2010

Post by Linnea » 03-24-2010 04:48 PM

Speaking of polls, Gallup published this poll following the passage of HCR legislation.

Approval among the general population splits about 49/40, with Independents evenly split at 46/45. Of interest is the wild swing of partisan support - with over 75% in each party either for or against along party lines. That is a wide swing, which indicates the extreme partisan divide in this country.

In addition, not a single Republican in either the house or the senate voted for the final HCR legislation.

As Paul Krugman points out (and I got this graphic of the Gallup Poll from his blog)
...one of the key talking points of reform’s opponents — that passing reform was an outrage because it denied the clear will of the people — turns out to be completely bogus.
We need elected representatives working together for the good of the people, all of the people, in this country. Wonder how we can get back toward that novel concept.

IronsGold
Pirate

Post by IronsGold » 03-24-2010 05:19 PM

Live365 wrote: OMG, I can't fully process yer post just now, nor Race's, nor Linnea's, nor HB3's. I took the day off to Spring-clean -- does anyone have sympathy that this is the one of the first times we've seen above 50o since October? Or the third day in a row we've seen sun? -- and I'm worse off now than I was when I began. But off the cuff, let me say that it was all over the Ship, Rosie on the View, Michael Moore made an entire movie about it, Alex Jones made himself a YouTube sensation over it. That kind of stuff was EVERYWHERE back in the day. All I think some of us are saying, is that wing-nuts are wing-nuts. You can't condemn one without addressing the other.

To be continued, I hope!

Hey Live!

Listen, I've got your back!

But when you finish up at your place, could you swing over and help me out here? I've got the cleaning bug too! :D
"What fresh hell is this?"
Dorothy Parker

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 03-25-2010 03:00 PM

Live -- and I got the rest of you -- because i do have a very extensive file i can pull up - re Iraq and its loaded with Dem comments pre-GWBush about going to war there.

However, this is not about GW or even Obama or past presidents - but about crazy polls.

Seen enough crazy polls, talked to pollsters too and how wording is such that even if you disagree with it - the only answers would make it seem you do agree... verbiage!

megman
Parrothead

Post by megman » 03-25-2010 04:27 PM

Speaking of crazy polls.........

Almost a quarter of Republicans think Obama 'may be the Antichrist' as 14 states sue over healthcare reforms

The article

OMG
Pirate

Post by OMG » 03-26-2010 04:18 AM

RH, I am not going to get into the GOP/Tea party connection as we went around in circles already with this, but this weekend they seemed very interacted. But onto your comment about how previous Prez was treated more unfair than this Prez. I hear that at times and first I think you have to look at the time line. We are comparing a Prez that had a couple of full terms vs. a Prez that been in office over a year. I know you agreed with the decision of Gw vs Gore and you showed the cred that you came to that agreement not just because "your guy" won (and grew respect for you big time) but I think you will admit that there is at least some merit to the Gore side even if you disagree. David Boies certainly isn't a joke and even though he lost I think most will say there was at least an genuine arguement there. We compare that with what this Prez protesters are about and that's stuff like the Birthers, I doubt somebody like Ted Olson is going to spend more than a minute on this before saying looks like an urban legend more than anything else and not give it a time of day. Which brings it back to the meaning of the article of how an oddly high number rigth/Repub side nowadays seem to buy into the absurd and willing to protest against something that's fiction

You mentioned the war, yes people protested against that. But again agree or disagree there is at least something to protest. There was a war going on, people lives were affected by it directly. Again the protests against this prez has been against him from hearsay and rumors spreads. Protests against taking away right to arms (that doesn't seem to be on the agenda at all of this Prez, but the right-wing talkers rallied everybody up saying it will) or protesting in his very first month in office because of stuff like money to banks which was signed by the previous Prez GW but the Conserv protesters put all the blame on this prez. Or protesting against the census like this is a new idea that's ever been done. Both had protests but seems like this Prez is getting protested againt stuff he didn't even do or just following normal process. BTW Race, I agree that some of the Libs sites have similar language as the Conserv sites, and my first reply I did say the blogs is where you will read the stuff you mentioned that you think was over-the-top towards GW, but again I didn't see it translate to mainstream as much as Conserv stuff does.

Live, great reply even with partial process lol. Rosie is actually a really good example and an example I think I said in the past about the only Lib that went as over-the-top as Conservs do, but again where's Rosie now, how long did Rosie last after that. Moore was a good response as well, but again I put him in a slightly different category because he was promoting a movie, which you have to go to the theater and watch. He didn't really have access to people on a large scale on a daily bases (unless you buy the DVD and play it on loop... which would the be same process as right wing live radio lol) but again good example you gave. As for Jones, well Jones is Jones lol. Jones is going to freak out on everything and anybody no matter what party. What RH tries to put Glenn down as (over-the-top independant) is actually what describes Jones who will yell and many times be outragous on both sides. So willing to give Jones a pass on that much more than Glenn. But onto Jones, what I did notice is the stuff he said about GW, you heard it nowhere eles in the mainstream except C2C. But the stuff he saying now about this Prez on C2C is stuff that I hear all the time in "regular radio" (ie census freak out)

Again I think both sides have fringes. But I do think the general Conserv and Lib are different in way of thinking and processing the crazier stuff from their "respected" fringe. I just look at the popularity of Conserv radio, compared to the mild response to liberal radio. Conservs/Repub supporters seem to want to listen to the outlandish, single-sided stuff. While Libs, who always enjoy a good GW joke or even an intense rant about what Repub are doing in power. But doesn't seem to need or desire that constant beating over the head like Conservs do, which I think causes more and more Conservs buying into the absurd. There was an interesting thread put up that talked about viewing habits and as Conservs will watch Faux and only Faux and notthing else and think they are gospal. Libs seem to watch more variety and most of the times take their info from a more central CNN than they do MSNBC. The lack of independant thinking that goes on with the Conserv media talkers (radio and TV) seems to have now taken over the general Repub. BTW I enjoyed everybody reply here, really like the back and forth debate and respectful sharing of opinions on this thread. Much respect to you all.

Return to “Politics and Government 2010-2013”