H A L L O W E E N ! ! !

General religion and metaphysics topics

Moderator: Super Moderators

smadewell
Pirate

Post by smadewell » 10-21-2004 09:21 PM

smadewell wrote: Lastly, ... I posted my own Halloween greeting to my fellow pirates in the same ecumenical spirit that I welcomed Frank, despite any issues I might personally have with Halloween or the sect Frank obviously aligns himself with.

Oops! My bad, Joe! I thought I'd posted that Halloween greeting in this thread. It was actually posted in another thread the day before:

Fantastic Forum > FANTASTIC PUB > The Brig > In Honor of Halloween
S.Madewell - "If the truth shall kill a man ... let him die!"

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 10-23-2004 03:25 AM

joequinn wrote: Why do the two of you post in this particular thread? You know that nobody who enjoys this thread particularly cares about your tiresome preaching: in fact, the more you post here, the more bizarre the two of you appear to be.

So, with all due respect, please go away --- and stay away!
With all due respect, I'm going to chime in here with Joe. Deal: Why don't the two of you (Frank and smadewell) go start your own thread to discuss the stuff you want to talk about. We won't bother you there, and you won't bother us here.

Oh, and thanks for the munchies, Mary... :)
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Frank4YAHWEH
Pirate

Excuse me!

Post by Frank4YAHWEH » 10-23-2004 12:39 PM

Joolz,

Who EXACTLY does this thread belong to? The title of this thread is 'Religion/Metaphysics > HALLOWEEN !!!', right? Who EXACTLY is it that says that we are not pemitted to post on this thread, and please tell me EXACTLY how it is that our posting on this thread bothers you? Go ahead, cut loose! Your BOO!s won't scare me! LOL! Your responce should be quite interesting. NOT! LOL! Oh, you might want to review the first initial post to this thread! :)

Get a grip on your broom witch! LOL!

http://www.maxpages.com/yahshua
Last edited by Frank4YAHWEH on 10-23-2004 12:54 PM, edited 1 time in total.
(ALL) Praise Be To YAHWEH! "HalleluYAH(WEH)!"
Yahshua said, "But I do not seek My own esteem, There is One Who seeks it, and He judges. (Yahchanan [John] 8:50, cf. also 5:30 & 12:47-50)

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 10-23-2004 04:28 PM

This thread rightly "belongs" to Joe, and Joe has very politely asked you to leave his thread. I recall quite well what was posted in the first post of this thread, and do not see what you find so incongruent. I offered you a compromise and you respond with taunts and slurs.

You are a TROLL.

What is your interest in this forum other than coming out of your cave once a year to post disparging crap about this holiday and/or other people's beliefs? I find your tactics repugnant. You do not intimidate me.
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 10-25-2004 04:40 AM

maryals wrote: Glad you're enjoying the munchies Joolz :D Thank Cherry for the fresh Pumpkins for the pies, cakes and cookies and the Pumpkin Beer ;)
I'm glad we no longer use carved out turnips and rutabegas. I somehow cannot imagine turnip cookies :eek:

Something came up, and I have a question. For Halloween Costumes and decorations, what are your feelings about the portrayal of witches with ugly faces, big nose, warts, wild hair...know what I mean? Are you offended, or do you just take it with a sense of humor, like, "I know it's just a caraciture"? What I mean is, as a Catholic, who attended all 12 years of Catholic School I just laught at caracitures of "The Penguin" ;)
I have some "witch" jpegs, but I don't want to post them if they will offend any of my Wiccan Friends, know what I mean?
Thank You :D

P.S. I love spiders, as I appreciate their valuable work in my garden.
Bat Guano (OK, poop) is an excellent fertilizer

Yup on the turnip cookies. YUCK ;) Ditto on spiders and bats, too.

As for your question, I answered this quite extensively on another thread somewhere here about this (it's about that deal in the school in Puyallup that Art talked about tonight), so I'll give you the short version here. NO, I don't think it's offensive AT ALL (note me avatar). I don't know of ANY Wiccans, Witches, or Pagans who find this offensive. In fact, I collect Hallowe'en witchies and they have a place of honor where they stay all year, not JUST this time of year. I don't see it as exactly a caricature, but rather as a symbol of something else that I won't go into here, but it's not offensive in the least, IMO. So, I hope that answers your question. Thanks for asking, but I think that whole deal is a load of hooey, K? :)
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Frank4YAHWEH
Pirate

Really, GET A GRIP! About time you put away your childish wa

Post by Frank4YAHWEH » 10-25-2004 04:16 PM

Joolz,

Sorry you found my calling you a witch offensive. I bet the practicing witch would not. Really, I was funning with you! It was not my intent to taunt nor slur.

I know Joe started this thread on this forum, but does he or anyone have the authority to tell someone that they may not make posts to a specific thread or tell them to leave? If you find my posts "repugnant" that is your fault. No one has control of your emotions Joolz, but you yourself. The posts and links that I have made to this thread are to educate and inform and are purely for research purposes only. I guess you missed the diversity in them, and I myself am entitled to my beliefs whatever they may be. In the future Joolz, I would suggest that you simply ignore posts that you are sensitive about or may offend you. Oh, that Troll Away crap don't work! :D

This one's for you Joolz! It is Catholic in nature.:)

All Saint's Day
[The vigil of this feast is popularly called "Hallowe'en" or "Halloween".]

If you are easlily offended, you might NOT want to go here Joolz. :D

The Pope is Dagon fish head!

And one for the witches! :)

The Real Origins of Halloween 3.3.1 (part#1)

PART #2
Last edited by Frank4YAHWEH on 10-25-2004 04:55 PM, edited 1 time in total.
(ALL) Praise Be To YAHWEH! "HalleluYAH(WEH)!"
Yahshua said, "But I do not seek My own esteem, There is One Who seeks it, and He judges. (Yahchanan [John] 8:50, cf. also 5:30 & 12:47-50)

smadewell
Pirate

Post by smadewell » 10-25-2004 11:29 PM

A certain Hasidic Master once said, "When I was young I wanted to bring the whole world to repentance. When I failed in this, I turned to my own community hoping to bring them to repentance. When I failed in this, I turned to my own family in hopes of bringing them to repentance. When I failed in this ... I sought for myself alone a path of repentance and even here I have not been fully successful."

The question is asked, "Who is wise?" The answer is given, "He who learns from all men."

In other words, one might ought to cast out some logs before they go to pulling out splinters. ;) Enough said....
Last edited by smadewell on 10-25-2004 11:32 PM, edited 1 time in total.

smadewell
Pirate

Post by smadewell » 10-26-2004 03:16 AM

maryals wrote: Well said :) Try to understand, Smadewell, that there were some former members who did try to force their Religion down our throats, who were disprespectful to the point of obnoxious. We all suffered from the posts of these former trolls: Catholics, Pagans, Christians, Athiests, you name it, were all fair game.
So, now, some of us are still skittish, still wary of someone, like you, let's say, who only wants to have a good, information, belief, philosophy sharing kind of conversation. Some of us are waiting for, no, dreading, the AXE coming down once we've been suckered into a conversation.
Please do not take it personaly. I believe that you are not judgemental, that you mean well. Others may soon come around.
May I serve you? A plate of tidbits? A mug of beverage?

Happy Halloween!!

Oh, ... I totally understand! Many moons ago, long before the oceans drank Atlantis, before the rise of the sons of Aryus ... I "attempted" to post on the Christian Online Message Boards on AOL.... I was shouted down at every twist and turn by every denomination under the Sun ... and more than a few from the dark side of the Moon. ;) I'm not the preachy type.... Been there, done that.... Finally, realized per my little Hasidic blurp in this thread that ... I'd better focus on moi instead of preaching to others or even attempting to discuss things from a historic, linguistic and cultural context.

People will believe whatever they want to believe and typing my fingers to the bone isn't going to change that.... So, ... although I like talking about comparative religions ... I don't find many who CAN talk about such things without getting preachy or throwing a hissy-fit.

So, ... I try to keep a low profile and keep the peace when and where I can, whilst sharing some of what I've learned if it might be informative in a non-threatening way. That too is a tight-rope, but ... no man is an island and well all need to share and vent from time to time. :D

I like this forum because it is "fringe" in nature and the folk on the fringe seem to be a lot more open minded than others.

BTW, ... I'd like an huge frosty mug of A&W Root-Beer Float, an XXL pizza with triple the sauce and a Sara Lee Cheesecake (BEFORE they changed the reciepe and ruined it!). ;)
Last edited by smadewell on 10-26-2004 03:23 AM, edited 1 time in total.

smadewell
Pirate

Post by smadewell » 10-26-2004 04:50 AM

maryals wrote: "...BTW, ... I'd like an huge frosty mug of A&W Root-Beer Float, an XXL pizza with triple the sauce and a Sara Lee Cheesecake (BEFORE they changed the reciepe and ruined it!). "

Good choice! This being the Harvest Season, I hope you like Pumpkin rootbeer and Pumpkin Cheesecake ;)
Thank You :D
Mary

Actually, let me change that order.... I have a craving for an A&W Root-Beer float, a dozen corn dogs from Foster's Freeze in Alameda, California (my home town), a large order of fried zucchini from H. Salt, Esq., Fish & Chips, and a home-made pumpkin pie topped with Braum's whip cream....

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 10-26-2004 05:01 AM

Thanks for explaining, Mary. What Mary says is, indeed, accurate. ;)

smadewell, I am also VERY familiar with the boards in AOL's Spirituality Community, and yes, some of them can be a real viper's den. When were you visiting them?
Image Anchors Aweigh!

smadewell
Pirate

Post by smadewell » 10-26-2004 05:34 AM

Joolz wrote: Thanks for explaining, Mary. What Mary says is, indeed, accurate. ;)

smadewell, I am also VERY familiar with the boards in AOL's Spirituality Community, and yes, some of them can be a real viper's den. When were you visiting them?

'94-ish and '95-ish.... Switched my interests over to heraldry in mid-99. Until I joined this forum ... that's the world I've been wondering in, but ... even in the world of heraldry sectarianism abounds. :( The heraldic organization I founded in 1999 ended up spawning five others before it was finally taken over and I was forced to leave it and found yet another heraldic association as a sanctuary. Why can't we all just get along and "make nice", as Jerry Lewis once said? ::::heavy sigh::::

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 10-30-2004 12:22 AM

Smade Joolz is fully versed in religions of the world.......believe me she does know what she is talking about.

cherry
Pirate

Post by cherry » 11-01-2004 09:57 AM

H a p p y A l l S a i n t s D a y

Marlantis Buzz
Pirate

Post by Marlantis Buzz » 11-08-2004 07:44 AM

I've performed a speed read here and may repeat something I missed ...if so, I'm sorry but have the urge to post some some things that only a few will understand and benifit from. The rest perhaps not...but the goal is with good intentions and toward becoming one.

HALL-O-WE-EN, a location I'm currently pondering as a gold fork in the road relative to where Merlin was from...ZETA, 4 a warning in golf, has it's place, in association to the Suite 16 of where? For I, a YEGG have a job to do or don't need to do but watching the Yggdrasil will possibly tell. The costums are a product of the patterns found thus explainning the Chesser Cat. My posting here is not to be figured out persay but to know whom else will reply such as I. I'd not suggest which totem but there is more to the saying...
WE the PEOPLE. If you respond, please indicate if you are left handed, what might your clan(s) be. It is a tough time trying to know and watch if it is going to be trick or treat. A machine can't answer but on one with the right spirit can, and that one will be impaired. Thus we might have a better reason for why a double yoked egg is good luck during the Easter Egg Hunt. The messenger presents many possibles to bring together one, plus remind us there is a time when good becomes bad and bad becomes good...so now I've taken this big step, what is it about the Roulett Wheel of which I speak? Bill was music to my ears tonight. I want to talk to him for I think we are going home this time. So did Charlie Brown really get tricked with a bag full of rocks? Not sure.
"many had good charts for new land seeking old, for the booty of Atlantis could be found, with the right map in fold". BUZZism

Lastmartian
Pirate

Post by Lastmartian » 11-08-2004 07:49 AM

:confused: huh?

Return to “Religion/Metaphysics”