Personal UFO sightings

UFO sightings, alien abductions, orbs, John Lear disclosure, government cover-ups...

Moderator: Super Moderators

Have you ever seen a UFO?

Yes
81%
No
19%

Total votes: 26

The_William
Pirate

Personal UFO sightings

Post by The_William » 04-25-2009 06:16 PM

I didn't see a topic like this, so I figured now was a good time.
Post your personal UFO sightings, no matter how minor or major.
Just a couple months ago, a friend and I were heading home from his house. All I will say about my friend is he lives in the country just outside of Austin, so we were driving through a deserted country road, trees all around us.
While I was air-guitaring to Freebird, he pointed out the window and asked me, 'What do you think that is?'
I stick my torso out the window, and to the left of us, about 500 feet away and maybe 1,000 feet high was a rotating UFO, with a ring of purple lights around it. He started to slow down to get pictures with his phone, and I screamed at him to floor it, being that a cell phone would be a terrible picture, and we were alone in a wooded area.
As we were high-tailing it out of there, it started to fly away, making a skipping motion, where I saw its belly, which had four BRIGHT blue lights under it.
Yours, Will

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 04-25-2009 07:08 PM

In the August of 1993 about 8:45 PM I was stopped at a light in Birmingham, Michigan a Northern suburb of Detroit. As I was waiting for the light to turn green I caught something out of the corner of my eye, I looked to my left, S.E. direction, and saw a light silver gray triangular craft with a yellow glow on the leading edge, it was floating just above tree tops, I did not heard a sound. I estimate that it was about the size of a football field. I saw no markings on the craft or any other lights except the yellow glow on the leading edge. When the light turned green I took off to the next stop light hoping I would see it again as I lost sight of it because Birmingham has a lot of trees and in summer it is like a canopy over the streets and hard to see the sky clearly. The reason I could see it so clearly when I was stopped is because there is a school at that corner with a huge open area.
When I got to the next light there were about twenty people standing on the corner looking up, by that time it had passed out of the area, two guys jumped into a car and followed it for about three miles in a southeasterly direction until it blinked out right in front of them.
The story was on the local Fox News channel that night at 11:00 and they interviewed a couple of witnesses.
I reported this sighting to Mufon of Michigan and also to Peter Davenport of the UFO Reporting Center at the time.
I will never know why I didn’t turn left at that light and follow it, or pull over to the side of the road. My understanding is that people do strange or out of character things when sightings occur. When I was involved with the UFO community I heard many similar stories about their reactions, but that is a story for another time.

This is one of three sightings, more to come.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 04-25-2009 07:18 PM

Welcome to the ship The_William, great thread, thanks for putting it up.
:)

Bashert
Pirate

Post by Bashert » 04-26-2009 03:24 PM

April 18, 2009 approx 8:41pm - I was driving EAST from Bergen County NJ to Rockland County NY - very dark sky, no visable moon.
I spotted a very bright orange object SLOWLY moving opposite my direction (westward). I made a right turn (south) stopped the car and took a pic. The object was now moving south as well. I eventually lost sight of it. I know what its not. Not a plane (no blinking lights), Not a planet (too large and too low), Not a rogue meteor or comet (no tail, trail and too slow), too low for a satellite or the ISS.
I would think that space junk would travel faster, and besides, this thing was travelling west and then south. I doubt a weather balloon over a populated area, and couldn't have been a secret military vehicle in bright orange !!!!!
What am I missing?
JJJJ

rumike
Pirate

Post by rumike » 04-26-2009 04:11 PM

It was mid-1990s. After working the late shift at Shoneys, and was driving home on back roads in the country. It was a bright moonlit night. Driving north on a straight stretch of road, I noticed that the sky off to the west was unusually dark, and finally realized something was in the air. I pulled over, and got out of the car. It was a large black triangle. And I mean huge. It was silent, and hovering. It was completely black except for one red, solid light in one corner. I watched for a few minutes, then the fight-or-flight syndrome kicked in and I drove away. I wish I would have stayed and followed it. I mean, I'd be delighted to be abducted by aliens :)

I reported it to Peter Davenport.

I have over the years found two plausible scenarios for what it was:

1. Extraterrestrial. I agree with Kaku that any ET civilization in a later stage of development could easily skip between planets.

2. Popular Mechanics did a report on a special-ops reconnaissance craft used by the military that may account for the triangles. These are a combination of plane and blimp, which can hover.

A third explanation oft touted is the stealth bombers, which are housed locally at White AFB. This was not a bomber.
Anchors Aweigh!

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 04-26-2009 05:28 PM

I know that a number of you have already read the story of my own UFO sighting, but I reprint it here for those of you who have not:

On Tuesday, 3 December 1985, I was living in the Orange County village of Walden, NY, a lovely little place about seventy-five miles NNW of New York and approximately two-and-a-half miles south of the Ulster County border. The patio of my apartment faced the magnificent Shawangunk Mountains, which were the edge of a Devonian Era sea hundreds of millions of years ago, which are famous for their UFO-n-paranormal occurrences, and which used to shine pink in the spring and autumn evenings when the sun would set. My driveway was an indentation into the small hill on which the house sat, and on this particular day, I pulled into the driveway around 6:15 PM (i.e. when it was pitch dark outside) and opened the car door (which faced north) to get out.

As I got out, I noticed a featureless oval in the distance, the bottom third of which was obscured by the rooftops. Now in all of the years that I lived in Walden, I never had seen --- and never would see again --- such an object in the sky in that position. But it was there, shining brightly, that night, and I quickly calculated that it must have been sitting above the Wallkill River (one of the few rivers in North America, incidentally, that flows from the southwest to the northeast) in the vicinity of the hamlet of Wallkill, just inside the Ulster County border. I was shocked to see this oval. Yes, I had been a believer in the existence of UFOs for a solid twenty years, but I never believed that I myself would ever see one. I distinctly remember saying to myself: “This looks like a UFO, but it cannot be one since I am not supposed to see one.” I made no effort to pursue the object in my car, and yet I watched it hovering motionlessly for a good five minutes or so: its image is firmly burned into my mind to this day. And then, since it was so bitterly cold, I went inside my apartment.

About seventy-five minutes later (i.e. around 7:30 PM), I was vegging out on my couch after having eaten dinner. I know that it was about 7:30 PM since the nightly news was signing off --- when I suddenly heard the sound of a helicopter in the distance. For a minute or so, I thought nothing of the matter, since Walden is about seven miles or so NW of Stewart International Airport, which had a considerable military presence at the time (and which, in a highly covert way, I feel that it still does). Many times in the summer I used to hear helicopters in the distance, so I thought nothing of it. But the helicopter kept getting louder and louder, and at one point it started to shake the house with its noise and power (of course, another unique experience for me during my time at Walden). I rushed out the door, fearing that the helicopter was getting ready to crash into the house, and I looked up in the sky --- but there was absolutely nothing there to see.

I have since learned that black ops and/or alien craft themselves can masquerade as helicopters in order to do their business. Did I hear a black ops helicopter chasing the UFO? Was the UFO itself, aware of my observation, buzzing my house to let me know they knew? I do not know, and I cannot tell. All that I do know is that, next morning, I read an article in the local newspaper about a UFO appearing over a shopping center in Monticello (about thirty-five miles northwest of Walden and about an hour later) with multiple police witnesses of the appearance. I saved the article, and here is a transcription of it:

MONTICELLO - It flew over Monticello last night and, whatever it was, left about 10 Monticello police officers swearing they'd never seen anything like it before.

Around 8:30 PM, it meandered its way about 500 feet in the skies above the Jamesway shopping center, while a similar object was spotted flying over the Monticello Police Department and the Monticello Manor. Witnesses said that it had several very bright white lights and a red one. An official at Stewart International Airport in Newburgh said he was convinced it was nothing more than a plane. But they're not sure in Monticello.

"I saw the thing fly up Pleasant Street, sort of like a kite," said Monticello police officer James Curry. "But I don't think you could maneuver a kite that well. It came down this street nice and slow, came into the parking lot and then banked over the building. I couldn't get a definite shape but it was pretty large. You couldn't see a fuselage or anything."

A similar object was spotted at about the same time by Monticello police Sgt. William Lazarus. "I saw a couple of lights come over the old hospital. They turned and went over Pleasant Street." He said the object was moving "very, very slow," and he watched it for about 10-15 minutes. At the same time, at Jamesway, sheriff's deputy James McNutt spent about 10 minutes with about 20 other people watching a "weird" object fly in a "very slow straight line."

"I wouldn't hazard a guess" what it was, said Lazarus. "Anyway, it's really strange," added Curry.

Source: "Flying Object Baffles Witnesses," The Times Herald-Record, Wednesday (4 December 1985), p. 9.
"Fuggedah about it, Jake --- it's Chinatown!"

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 07-17-2009 06:48 PM

Another sighting I had was in August of 1978, woke up in the middle of the night to turn off my a/c and open some windows, we had just gone through two weeks
of high nineties and very high humidity and the temp dropped about 40 degrees during the night...I opened the shade and window above my headboard and glanced out the window, there was a huge black cigar shaped object hovering in my back yard which backed up to an open area where there is a retention ditch and woods behind that. It had what is similar to port holes on the side, silent and just hovering there, the strange thing about it was (and BTW not unusual) was I thought oh well and laid down and went back to sleep.....a few hours later I woke and realized what I had seen a few hours earlier, why I laid down and went to sleep with no reaction is beyond me.:eek:

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 07-19-2009 06:47 PM

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 08-26-2009 09:10 AM

"We are part of a symbiotic relationship with something which disguises itself as an extra-terrestrial invasion so as not to alarm us." --Terrence McKenna

Starrphyre
Pirate

Post by Starrphyre » 09-10-2009 07:00 PM

Would someone please send a UFO my way so that I can see one before I die? I look up all the time. I float on my back in the dark in my swimming pool looking up for hours! Nuttin' Honey! Luckily I haven't gotten in a wreck as I'm always looking up when in my car at night.
Before God we are all equally wise--and equally foolish. ~ Albert Einstein

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 09-10-2009 07:36 PM

I am always looking up too, of my three up close sightings only one was in my car...

Saharaka
Pirate

Post by Saharaka » 01-14-2010 03:07 AM

The second sighting I had was in 1965 witnessed by myself and my husband. We saw a bright light traveling faster than any aircraft we were familiar with. We both worked for Boeing in Seattle at that time. At one point the object came to a dead stop and made an 90 degree turn and then shot off into another direction. It disappeared behind Mt Rainier. I was certainly curious but not necessarily disturbed by it. My husband on the other hand was completely freaked out. When we got home he hid under the bed. In 1994 during the same week the gelatinous goo fell on Oakville Washington I witnessed a very large, completely silent triangular craft passing over our farm traveling east. It was about dusk so it looked charcoal gray and glowed neon green all around the periphery of the ship. It appeared to almost be floating because it was traveling slower than stall speed for conventional aircraft. My reaction? I just stood there watching it thinking it was some sort of cosmic joke. That particular week was steeped with strange phoenomena. From the gelatin rainfall, to my mother getting sick after touching it, to my kitten dying, to an anomolous sound that appeared over our home, a loud roaring that was there and then not there, no dopplar shift. I got in my truck and drove into town to the only bar and had a shot of tequila. I spoke with a friend of mine who was quite excited and wanted to know if I had seen it. Rather than admitting I had I asked what she had seen and she described it in perfect detail. Then I called Peter Davenport and later found out a couple in Hawaii had seen the same craft with the neon green glow. There was one other incident when I was 14 but I'll save it for another time.
Creature of the desert

"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing plaid with stripes comes easy."

EagleInOrbit
Pirate

Post by EagleInOrbit » 01-26-2010 10:04 AM

In the late 1940s, and early 50s I served in a Carrier task force. First a Destroyer, then later the carrier itself. For several weeks our task force encountered several submerged contacts that were running faster than any known submarine at the time. These contacts would run near the surface and emmited light. 3 times I saw them take to the air. Coded radio transmissions is what i was privy to, these craft were operating with X craft call signs, so you can say it is not an actual UFO, but to the rest of the fleet it was. Even the carrier had no idea control for these craft was from a destroyer. As far are they knew, it was a true unknown. What type of craft, was it a captured alien ship,, Nazi, Russian, or made by Kelley Johnson, I do not know.

Bobbi Snow
Pirate

Post by Bobbi Snow » 01-27-2010 01:36 AM

I've seen so many during my 64 years, I can't tell you which one was the best.
ImageIf you're still breathing, it's not too late!

Timothydyoung3
Pirate

First Week of August 2005, I am an Alien Contactee

Post by Timothydyoung3 » 07-19-2013 05:28 AM

Before the events that I am going to describe to you, I did not believe extra terrestrial beings were here on Earth. I was a 26-year-old American male. I am of sound mind, hold advanced academic degrees and consider myself a deeply compassionate person, intelligent and skeptical. The following events and phenomena I am going to explain would have been hard for me to accept as truth, if they had not happened to me and I will appreciate your skepticism. However, keep an open mind.

One night in early August of 2005, I was in the backyard of my parent’s house. I was living with my folks in Ohio while doing an internship for graduate school at the Ohio State University. My parent’s were asleep. It was late. While outside, I looked up into the night sky and saw a type of plane that I haven’t ever seen before. It was odd but I didn’t think too much of it. Lots of planes had been flying around during that time, many with that circular radar equipment that spins around on top but that is just Ohio. I looked up, gave the plane a quick stare and thought “huh, that’s weird.” I looked away, and went inside. It was no stereotypical flying saucer.

After I saw the strange plane over the house around 11:30 pm or so, I was visited by two beings. I believe the craft I saw above the house belonged to them.

These beings came to my parent’s home late at night, between 2 am and 4 am, hours after I saw the strange plane in the sky while in the backyard. Shortly before my encounter, I was fully wake as I had been all night in my bedroom. I was compelled to leave my bedroom. I walked into our living room and sat down sort of Indian style on the couch facing the stairs to the basement. I completed all this moving around without thinking, it just happened but was not forced. After I sat down on the couch, my right hand went out to my side facing up. The stairs to my parent’s basement were directly in front of me. It was completely silent. These two beings slowly came up the stairs from the basement. I was totally calm. I didn’t feel like I was paralyzed but I had no desire to move. It was a deeply peaceful and harmonious feeling.

One being was about 2 ½ feet tall, a cell with speckled points of lights in its body. The whole being glowed in the dark and was about a foot wide. This being had the visual qualities of a single cell organism as best as I can describe. The other being was about 2 feet tall, shorter than the single cell appearing being but was wider than the single cell appearing being with large tubular structures off its head sort of like hair. The head structures were large and wide at the top of its head and progressively thinner down the length of the structures. This being was about 1 1/4 or 1 ½ feet wide and as opposed to its partner, had the vague features of a face. It glowed in the dark too and it may have been greenish colored. This being was intimidating but I was not afraid at all when all this happened. He, and please don’t let this make you fearful and/or full of negativity, looked like the character from that popular movie, the Predator. They both looked like they were in this dimension and another, or more, at the same time. I could see through them.

The single cell appearing being stood on to my right about 10-12 feet in front of me, and began emitting a red/orange light from the upper middle part of its body. I felt my chest get warm and I puffed it out some where the light from this being connected with the part of my body where my heart is located. The other being with tubular hair, patiently waited on the left of the single cell appearing being while this happened. After this light energy exchange, they both left.

In the moments after this encounter, it was hard to wrap my head around what just happened to me. I made a dazed walk to the fridge to get something, and then I went to bed. Imagine yourself in the same situation; it was hard to believe. I was naturally stunned and a bit confused but I knew that this was the real deal.

The next night they came to me in visions. I was in my bedroom again. Both beings were not physically present as they were the night before. They communicated with symbols. I was shown part of the wall in my room became moving digits/symbols like the revealing of the digital reality in that Matrix movie. But the images were red not green, the color of blood, symbolizing that this world is part of a larger reality and we are bound in our bodies by blood. They were telling me about our omni- dimensional existence.

I was also shown a bluish-white tunnel vision. It looked like a wormhole that I was moving through or it was moving around me from my perspective. I believe it symbolized the way to Heaven.

However most importantly, I was also shown a Christian Cross and a Buddha Head, both symbols were in the air above my bed about seven feet from me. These are the two religions that I have had the most exposure to in my life. I did not consider myself religious before this happened. I considered myself a spiritual person and I have spent time in my young adult life helping people out of my own nature and nurturing, but I did not practice Buddhism or Christianity. I just liked helping people.

I have since found out that the area of my chest that got warm when the single cell appearing being inspected me is where in some beliefs, my 4th Chakra is located. This Chakra is related to a person’s love, compassion, forgiveness, hope and integration of opposites like ego and selflessness from what I understand. When presented with these visions I said, “I need to think about that,” meaning the decision between choosing Buddhism and Christianity. I eventually went to sleep after this, the second night of these experiences.

Since this time I have had more encounters than I can think of, it is a constant in my life. It’s been a socialization process living in this world and in these other planes of existence where these beings most people cannot see, live. I am now aware of being inter-dimension-ally connected. I have kept a journal throughout this process. I have been visited by human sounding consciousness as well as other forms of life too. It is clear to me that we are living in what I have described as “layers of life.” Globally, people who have had the same multidimensional connections have interpreted it differently but I strongly believe that there is a fundamental structure to this that all interpretations of it are build off of.

At times, it’s been difficult but these two beings had enough confidence in me to know that I was ready for this, even if I didn’t understand or agree at times. I do not believe they mean us any harm, but are here to help us grow up spiritually. They gave me a crash course. I love them both and cannot even grasp what an honor it was to meet them. Over 8 years, on and off, I studied both Buddhism and some Christianity. While I am schooled in both, we chose Christianity as my religion.

Return to “UFO”