At the X-Conference

UFO sightings, alien abductions, orbs, John Lear disclosure, government cover-ups...

Moderator: Super Moderators

Swerdloc
Pirate

Just a brief note between sessions

Post by Swerdloc » 04-18-2009 01:28 PM

Graham Hancock was excellent this morning, as was Art Campbell with Bill Kirklin, and Nick Pope with Maj. Milton Torres. I got to chat briefly with Graham and with Richard Dolan. Next up this afternoon: Michael Salla, and the current host of weekday C2C.
Anchors Aweigh

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 04-18-2009 01:41 PM

Thanks for the update Bill, I would give anything to chat with Graham Hancock, lucky you.:cool:

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 04-18-2009 02:04 PM

Wow Bill I am jealous, my hubby would love to go to one of these conferences. Thanks for being our eyes and ears :)

Swerdloc
Pirate

Post by Swerdloc » 04-18-2009 05:25 PM

Just trying to report what I'm seeing and get the message out, as Steve Bassett encourages.

Graham Hancock gave a great presentation largely culled from his 2005 book, Supernatural. I think I am definitely going to have to get it out and read it, even though it's rather weighty (i.e., a largish tome). He told me it's available in paperback, although for the paperback edition he edited down eight chapters on cave art to one (probably because of size and cost for reproductions); yet it's the cave art from thousands of years ago that really grabbed my attention in his lecture. He said he's just finished his first novel this week, which should be interesting.

Art Campbell and Bill Kirklin did a very interesting presentation on the incident at Holloman AFB in New Mexico, in February 1955, in which it appeared that President Eisenhower landed and then went into a flying disc that landed right by Air Force One, for a 40-minute meeting of some sort with whoever was in the flying disc. Another flying disc hovered nearby. They admitted that this was "hearsay" information, although Kirklin was at the base at the time and noted some odd occurrences relating to the visit of the President's plane which he was only able to put together 40 years later. Both of them seem quite credible.

Then Nick Pope gave a rundown of current UFO cases in the UK (within the last two years), and talked at some length about the UK's ongoing disclosure of UFO information. He also presented Maj. Milton Torres, ret., of the USAF, who also has a doctorate in mechanical engineering. Maj. Torres gave a very emotional account of being a fighter pilot stationed at Manston AFB, north of Dover on the Thames estuary in England, in 1957, when he was ordered into the air to chase and fire upon a UFO hovering over Ipswich, near Norwich. The UFO took off at something like Mach 10 when he locked onto it, and he did not fire. On returning to base, he was debriefed and told never to tell anyone, a condition that was only recently lifted by action of the UK.

Michael Salla presented a fascinating look at the possible prospects for disclosure--or at least something approaching UFO honesty--under the Obama administration, with a lot of detail on John Podesta's involvement with both the Clinton administration and his influence on the current White House. It's rather stunning to hear, over and over, about how Presidents have been determined not to have a "need to know" about UFO secrets, which begs the question: who determines this? Increasingly, it sounds like "black" nongovernmental, corporate, transnational entities that really run things in this world. The US Constitution becomes an irrelevancy.

The last speaker of the day was George Noory. Although I do have notes, I'll hold off on describing this presentation until I see a show of hands. Want to hear about it, folks?
Anchors Aweigh

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 04-18-2009 05:32 PM

Swerdloc the hardback Supernatural is worth getting, each chapter is all inclusive so you can skip around and read what interest you the most first.....love the book and you will to, do not get the paperback.

No don't want to hear about the last presentation, thought you weren't going to it......:eek:

racehorse
Pirate

Post by racehorse » 04-18-2009 05:34 PM

Swerdloc wrote: Want to hear about it, folks?
Your reports are extremely interesting, Swerdloc. :)

As you would probably expect, I for one, do want to hear. ;)
racehorse

Swerdloc
Pirate

Post by Swerdloc » 04-18-2009 05:56 PM

Shirleypal wrote: No don't want to hear about the last presentation, thought you weren't going to it......:eek:

It was included with the overall price, not a separate admission. I admit I skipped the last half hour, which was him signing stuff, etc., in a meet-and-greet.

I'll save the rest till I see if there any more votes--it's tied 1 and 1 right now.:cool:
Anchors Aweigh

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 04-18-2009 06:18 PM

Tomorrow looks like another great day for you, are you going to be in the Ballroom this evening?

Swerdloc
Pirate

Post by Swerdloc » 04-18-2009 06:24 PM

Shirleypal wrote: Tomorrow looks like another great day for you, are you going to be in the Ballroom this evening?

Yes, heading there in about half an hour. Tomorrow morning we have Edgar Mitchell and Paola Harris--still haven't heard her Dreamland this week.
Anchors Aweigh

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 04-18-2009 06:28 PM

Swerdloc wrote: Yes, heading there in about half an hour. Tomorrow morning we have Edgar Mitchell and Paola Harris--still haven't heard her Dreamland this week.

Her interview with Whitley is excellent Bill, something to look forward to.

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 04-18-2009 10:58 PM

Swerdloc's reporting is fine, but the conference is so pointless. The Government would rather perish --- dragging us all down with it --- than release what it knows about UFOs. And I am dead serious about this...

But never mind me. Swerdloc, please continue to make your fine reports... :D
"Fuggedah about it, Jake --- it's Chinatown!"

Swerdloc
Pirate

Post by Swerdloc » 04-18-2009 10:59 PM

I have just come back from the banquet, which went on for a very long time, and I think I am going to have to save my observations for a slightly later time, because I need to get some rest. With one exception: one of the awards given out at the banquet was the annual Paradigm Research Group award for political courage, and it was given--in absentia--to John Podesta. Even though Podesta declined to show up to get the award, Steve Bassett wants everyone to know he won it.
Anchors Aweigh

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 04-18-2009 11:01 PM

Thanks again Swerdloc, looking forward to the rest of the report, I think.:eek:

Swerdloc
Pirate

Post by Swerdloc » 04-19-2009 03:37 PM

I am back home, having left the conference a little early because I was tired and suffering from information overload after three very full days. Yesterday ran from 8.45 in the morning until nearly midnight, with a couple of hours off from 5.30-7.30. I'll try to get the rest of the conference reported directly, as soon as I re-read my notes, while my memory is still fresh.
Anchors Aweigh

Swerdloc
Pirate

George Noory, 18 April

Post by Swerdloc » 04-19-2009 05:03 PM

Having heard only one objection (and you can ignore this or cover your ears or eyes if you wish), I’m going to report on George Noory’s “special presentation” at the X-Conference from roughly 4-6 pm on Saturday 18 April. The talks given by Roger Leir, Graham Hancock, Edgar Mitchell, and John Alexander with Steve Bassett were also billed as “special presentations,” though none of them lasted two hours.

The presentation started late, as all of them did; the closest the conference came to being on schedule was 15 minutes behind. Nevertheless, we had to wait a bit for Noory’s appearance, since Cheryll Jones, the host, and Bassett gave the introduction and left the stage, then nothing happened for a bit as we all looked around for Noory. (All the other speakers just sat somewhere, generally near the podium, and came up when introduced.) The C2C theme music came up, and then Noory finally came out from a side entrance and bounded up to the stage. He’s a little dumpy-looking but not bad, of middling height, and he’s updated his hairstyle with a left-side part and a dye job the color of black shoe polish. No kidding. The moustache matches.

The greeted everybody, and talked for a while about the show, which he said is now up to 521 stations. He said later, in response to a question, that they are going to work on the local affiliate, WMAL, which drops the last two hours in favor of a truckers’ show on weekdays; they broadcast the previous night’s program from the WMAL studios.

He had some kind of lame jokes but seemed genial enough, and quite sincere in his longstanding interest in and devotion to the “paranormal” and related subjects. He played about ten clips from the show, including about five from interviews with presenters at the X-Conference, including Edgar Mitchell, Roger Leir (who he got up on stage to introduce his own clip), Nick Pope, Jeff Peckman, and Paola Harris. Nothing too astounding there.

Then he took questions from a generally very friendly audience, which was probably the most entertaining part of the show. He got one from “Jan from Brooklyn,” a very curious-looking little woman who carried some sort of red light in her hand. Noory got her up on stage briefly. She claimed the red light had various sorts of salutary effects on health and nutrition. This is the same lady, who, in an earlier Q&A session with Graham Hancock, had said she underwent a serious negative experience after a shamanic ritual session six months before, which had left her saddled with a host of entities; but she said she had a machine at home that got rid of entities, though it took a month in this case.

Helping with the questions was Producer Tom (Danheiser), a rather hefty (some might say portly) youngish man with a recently-grown goatee about which Noory chided him. Tom ran around with the microphone through the audience.

There was also a question from Nancy Burson, an interesting-looking woman who dressed in outfits in combinations of black and white that looked like they might be self-designed, and she asked Noory if he was familiar with the “extra-celestials,” a group with which she is in contact. She said that they have altered her DNA, or given theirs to her, and she now produces or materializes golden pellets. And crystals. Noory offered to marry her if she really laid golden eggs, but she said they are actually quite small. She has a website, http://www.nancyburson.com.

Then they set up a line for folks to meet Noory and have him sign things, he sitting behind a table on stage. I left at that point, as did many others, although many also got right in line.
Last edited by Swerdloc on 04-19-2009 05:36 PM, edited 1 time in total.
Anchors Aweigh

Return to “UFO”