Spiritual and Technical Opinions Wanted!

First Time Posters thread for new posters or posters with 0-50 posts ONLY!

Moderator: Super Moderators

vrpodpilot
Pirate

Spiritual and Technical Opinions Wanted!

Post by vrpodpilot » 05-13-2008 11:15 AM

I stumbled accross a web site with a game requiring only mental input. The game appears to be able to read my thoughts. This is rather spooky. I cannot fiqure out how this is happening. I would like your opinions. Is this a spirit energy mental transference or some type of extremely clever software.

The web site is based in Tehran, and has business ties with Iran's Top Political Leaders. The site uses both English and Arabic language. I of course don't read Arabic. Be warned that Big Brother probably watches this site! Their business is Web Site Design. It's probably unlawful to do business with them, from a sanctions stand point, but I have played this game many times.

If I have crossed a line, please forgive me. My only intent is to figure out how this is done. Moderators, Please let me know.

Moderators, If not objectionable, could you post a poll.
Is this Spritual or Technical?

*edit by moderator
Nope. Don't really need this here. Thanks anyway.

vrpodpilot
Pirate

Post by vrpodpilot » 05-14-2008 11:38 AM

OK - My bad.

Let me describe the sequence of steps to this game and see if anyone can enlighten me.

1st screen - click on "Start."

2nd screen - "Pick a random two digit number.", "Remember it or write it down.", click on "Next."

3rd screen - "Add the two digits of the number together, and subtract them from the original number." , click on "Next".

4th screen - "Find the image that corresponds to your number and look at it for 10 seconds." - Below the text is a display showing all possible number combinations, and above each number is a different symbol. The symbols repeat after about 12 numbers, but the symbols are located differently with each new play of the game.

5th screen - automatically displays after 10 seconds and shows only the symbol, that I was starring at.

99% of the time the symbol is correct. Statistically 1 of 12 should be right. I have been careful not to put my mouse arrow on or near my number or symbol, but the game keeps getting it right. What am I missing?

This sort of reminds me of the software program Art use to talk about in the late '90s. What was the name of the Software Program, Art loaded on his computer that produced random noise on the monitor display until someone concentrated mentally on the program's random number generator, and then the monitor would decrease the random noise display and increase the singularity display.

feetsie
Pirate

Post by feetsie » 05-14-2008 04:10 PM

Your result is always a multiple of 9. Look at the multiples of 9 in the table. I bet they all have the same symbol.
God is

vrpodpilot
Pirate

Post by vrpodpilot » 05-14-2008 04:23 PM

Your Right! Every symbol repeats at 9 intervals.

Next question: It looks like there would still only be a 1 in 9 chance of quessing what number I'm thinking of. How is the software beating the probability?

feetsie
Pirate

Post by feetsie » 05-14-2008 05:05 PM

Your answer is always a multiple of 9. i.e. it is always one of the following 9, 18, 27, 36, 45, 54, 63, 72 or 81. Since the pattern repeats after 9, these are all the same symbol. The probability of it "guessing" your number is 100%. If it didn't "guess" the right number then you added wrong.
God is

vrpodpilot
Pirate

Post by vrpodpilot » 05-14-2008 05:25 PM

Thank You:o

Don't I feel DOOH!

Return to “First Time Posters Thread”