Time Travel with The Kings introduced by Dick Clark on American Bandstand!

For music-related discussions

Moderator: Super Moderators

Malaria_Kidd II
Pirate
Location: SW IN USA-UK Midlands SCANIAowner @ Sound Cloud - @ Supernaturalearth

Time Travel with The Kings introduced by Dick Clark on American Bandstand!

Post by Malaria_Kidd II » 12-24-2016 11:09 AM

Travel through time with The Kings from Toronto, Ontario, Canada. 8)

This version of "This Beat Goes On/Switchin' To Glide" is a masterpiece of time consuming high tech work via 5-6 hours per day needing 140 hours to sync up their voices and instruments together through many years on stage in front of their very grateful fans! :hearteyes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxkjvKBPQjo

MK II :D
Last edited by Malaria_Kidd II on 10-07-2022 12:26 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Malaria_Kidd II
Pirate

Re: Time Travel with The Kings introduced by Dick Clark on American Bandstand!

Post by Malaria_Kidd II » 10-05-2022 08:01 AM

The Kings dance mash up song "I Know So" is one year old! 8)

It's a great one and see how many famous actors and dancers you can identify. :coolhat:

MK II ∆=®™

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 10-05-2022 11:59 PM

Someone sure put thought & effort into that awesome dance compilation! And that American Bandstand vid is nothing to sneeze at either. Great stuff MK! Thanks!

Malaria_Kidd II
Pirate

Post by Malaria_Kidd II » 10-06-2022 09:02 AM

To our steadfast Fantastic Forum pirate dba Art Bell's S.I.T. Riddick and his highly valued Intelligence Quotient here. Thanks back to you for liking their dance mashup!🎶

It's very unlike every rock video costing millions in today's dollars! And it's a catchy tune too!😆

Bob Ezrin has been The Kings close associate all along throughout the their successful rocking of our ages.

Bob and Pink Floyd's "The Wall" went hand in hand for it's successes too!

MK II ∆=®™

Malaria_Kidd II
Pirate

Post by Malaria_Kidd II » 10-07-2022 09:01 AM

5.5+m views😎

9,550 Comments (me: One or more band members have been replying to nearly every post praising their 40 year old smash hit! :shock:

Add a comment... My two are well below here with a super FYI response from either David Diamond or Mr. Zero. Mr. Zero is named inside their two mated together songs! That alone must be a one of in Rock music!🍎🤔

I BikeNYC
6 years ago
". . . Nothing matters but the weekend
From a Tuesday point of view. . . "

tim ford
1 year ago
For me this song will never grow old. It's sooo cool, makes me feel 40 years younger. You just can't buy that, thanks!!!

JBaker316
1 year ago
I don’t always listen to this song, but when I do, so do my neighbours!

mecha king ghidorah official
1 year ago
This song is a classic example of why growing up in the 80's rocked 🤘

Jim Oswald
1 year ago
Can we all agree, this is one song. You just can't only listen to one or the other. Definitely in the top ten party songs of all time!

Terau Gene
2 years ago
2020! And we’re still listening!!! Thank you again “The Kings!”

danuschild
2 years ago
This song will never be outdated. Even sang it for karaoke once. Yes, I was drinking. LOL

Tree Carcass Mangler
6 months ago
Y2022, and this song still kicks butt and livens me up.
When I bought my house late last year, this vid was actually the 1st song I played...at maximum volume, of course.

Donald Bo
1 year ago
one of greatest songs ever, never gets old, the energy, changes, rifts, like a sweet rock n roll symphony

John Somers
1 year ago (edited)
This song will not go quietly into that good night...still freakin' rocks and I am compelled to return to it year after year. Thank you Kings 🤴 💜 God bless you all and your families! Hockey is only one of the great things we have from Canada 🇨🇦 (Go Canes!) lucky to have y'all for neighbors:) 😃

ELE comments
7 months ago
Some bands have a song they do so damn well it doesn't matter if they never released another song they are still legends. This is one of those bands. I don't know a single soul who doesn't like this song.

Mike’s Videos of Beavers
1 year ago
In my opinion, the greatest Canadian rock n’ roll song of all time. No matter my mood, this song makes me happy. And I live my life by the words “I don’t give a hoot about what people have to say, I’m laughing as I’m analyzed.” Zero knocked it out of the park with that lyric.

mark Stafford
3 years ago (edited)
2019 this song still rocks. Who is with me. This beat goes on and on.

Brad Reid
1 year ago
We Canadians are lucky to have grown up with great songs on Canadian radio. Nothing but great memories of cruzing with the windows down listening to this awesome song. Great Memories

Todd Mulbarger
1 year ago
They look like they are having a blast performing through all the years. Love it

Mike Bradley
2 years ago
I loved this song the first time I heard it 40 years ago. I still play it once a week to pump me up!!!

David
1 year ago
This song never gets old; wish I saw them live back when they were touring regularly. They definitely had an energy that would have been amazing to experience.

BRIAN SQUIERS
2 years ago
Whoever spliced this video together really outdid themselves. Absolutely joyous!

thekingsarehere
2 years ago
You are too kind Brian, it was a lot of work, over 140 hours of editing but worth it!

Doug McDade
9 days ago
@thekingsarehere Definitely worth it! Perfect well-chosen cuts! Great job!

thekingsarehere
9 days ago
@Doug McDade Thanks Doug, we are very proud of it!

My full name here
2 days ago
The perfect synchro dated mix editing makes your smash hit a unique one of a kind in the entire history of Rock N Roll! The Kings know it was worth every minute of their love and our love for it too.😍 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

thekingsarehere (David Diamond?)
1 day ago
@My full name: We kinda humbly agree with you "my full name", and the process was itself a lot of work. We had source material of every kind, and had to get it all put into Final Cut and then we had the lyrics written out on big poster card sheets, then had different coloured markers running through-bad-not bad-good-better-best for each of the over 40 sources. And then had to put them in perfect sync because we hate out of sync cymbal crashes etc. Cuts are short because of tempo live vs the album soundtrack. It was like a job over a few weeks, 5 or 6 hours a day. Worth it!

Me:
17 hours ago
💓Many thanks for it's hard earned origins and your documentary was so FYI GREAT! "I Know So" & dance mashup is really wonderful time traveling too!
Best, C.J.W. who once was The Fox Mulder of Rock N Roll author R. Gary Patterson's sole confidante on the many (best yet unpublished) mysteries of Pink Floyd from 1986 on.

Me again: I believe and hope my last line won't take them/him off topic.🙁
So far, so good.........

thekingsarehere
1 hour ago

@My full name
Very interesting info there CJW, and thanks for your kind words!

Me here now: Just right!🍎

The Kings are the first rock group I've ever known @ You Tube to reply to fans. Some big names make a nice positive statement and it's realistic they can't reply to so many coming in fast.

Over a year ago I thought my few exchanges with Roger Waters (pics aplenty!) were brief from him and legit. Not so. He was an impersonator🦃as well as another found a few days later who was trying his best to impersonate David Gilmour The Legend pulling for Ukraine showing their flag 🇺🇦.🦃

MK II ∆=®™
[*]@ #2 Find the eerie antedating of 12/7/1941 vs 9/11/01

#1 A

https://youtu.be/DUY8aSx8-yo

#1 B

🌎 🏔 🌏 🗻 🌍 🌋
https://youtu.be/ajRuvYMk30E

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/superna ... -t543.html

Malaria_Kidd II
Pirate

Post by Malaria_Kidd II » 05-25-2023 12:12 PM

The Kings David 💎 Diamond replied to my post from last night! Ref: "I Know So" accumulating 16,004 YT check ins.😎 🤔

"The Kings Are Here"

1 hour ago
This will be the second single off the new album, coming this summer, thanks! my full name here!😎

Edited date not shown below: Lol
July 23, 2023 🍎

This old thread will happily celebrate 1,500 views with the Kings radio perfect version of "This Beat Goes On/Switchin' To Glide".

Without a doubt it's the only Rock song being two songs in one. Heck! This Rock icon maybe the only one like it X 2 mated as one in the while history of music!😎

Hmm! Seems myself and the Kings have a common ground in the world of music to hold onto!🍎

MK II 🙏 FDNY 343 🍎 😟 🔴 🌇🆘

Return to “Music”