The adventure continues...

Moderator: Super Moderators

MAD
Pirate

MAD in MALI Journal #3 September 8, 2007

Post by MAD » 12-21-2007 07:59 PM

MAD in MALI Journal #3 September 8, 2007

I WILL NOT BE ALONE

Following is my letter to Ms Kris Carr, author of CRAZY SEXY CANCER, which is on her blog. We attended her book signing here in WDC on the 6th September. The book tells her story and is a great reference for alternative approaches to diet and detox. Her continued advocacy of raw food diet along with other lifestyle advice, has helped her survival. Her cancer diagnosed in 2003, is a rare and inoperable form of liver cancer that has spread to her lungs. Attached is picture of myself with this courageous young author. I was diagnosed a short 10 weeks ago, and my perception of cancer is greatly improved, for one thing, I realized I will not be alone.

Kris

Good news, the lymph node biopsy was benign! Yippee!

This means the total hysterectomy may be all that is necessary. Plan A, means no Rad/ Chem. I see my doctor next Tuesday about any details. You have heard of Dr. Mc Dreamy, my doctor is MacKoul, really. He will likely have some cool directions for me, like frequent paps.

I had a full physical last April, and the pap at that time was negative. I should tell that clinic, just what happened to me 4 months later. Good advice, the pap may not tell you, if you have abnormal cells in the uterus!

Looks like I have been lucky before. I had a breast biopsy in 1996, that was benign, but my perception about cancer is ever so different today, thanks to you. I think I took that for granted, but this time I believe I truly believe I am fortunate. Statistically, I am not out of the woods.

One blog poster said, your book really is for a wider range of people. First, you have the person with cancer who should seek alternative means of improving their lives with non-toxic nutrition, lifestyle and therapies and the second person who may wish to seek alternative means for prevention. Your book is a good resource for those who resolve to change or improve their lifestyle.

I will stay in states, another month then join my husband and our three Russian Blue cats in Bamako, Mali West Africa. We are ordering the EasyGreen Automatic sprouter for Wheatgrass. My method for years was using jars, but I need to grow more. Our cats love wheatgrass, too.

Guess, I’ll be saddling up, and packing my tent for some serious desert camping along the Sahara, very soon.
It might be a camel, instead of a horse, but I’ll be forming a posse all my own. I can hear the drums, in the distance now. Might be a few survivors, out there in Africa and I’m gonna meet me some. I got my boots packed, cause I’ll be wearing sandals. My trail mix will be Goji berries and my Montana cowboy hat will be exchanged for some kind of Sahara scarf, but I’ll be out there.

I will not be alone.Thank You all, for your replies, it is a pleasure to know each of you.
Kris Carr tells of her posse in her book, you folks are my posse. A posse a force that is on your side to help find the bad guy and put him behind bars. Well, we caught this varmit. There are other "varmits" out there, some I can handle alone, but I know if I had some difficulty I could call on my posse.
I hope you each have a posse, too. If you ever need some help, I am here for you.
Meanwhile, though I am still sore from surgery, we are going to a cat show here in D.C. You get your chores done, and you go on some adventure this weekend.
Thank you again, for your prayers, and your support!

MAD and Kriss Carr author CRAZY SEXY CANCER TIPS
“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle.
The other is as though everything is a miracle." ~ Albert Einstein ~

MAD
Pirate

WHEATGRASS?

Post by MAD » 12-21-2007 08:17 PM

Not many former cancer patients here, that I know of. However, the nurse at the clinic and his wife are interested in my Easy Green Sprouter and how to make wheatgrass..............!
“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle.
The other is as though everything is a miracle." ~ Albert Einstein ~

IvyQ
Pirate

Re: WHEATGRASS?

Post by IvyQ » 12-22-2007 07:05 PM

MAD wrote: Not many former cancer patients here, that I know of. However, the nurse at the clinic and his wife are interested in my Easy Green Sprouter and how to make wheatgrass..............!

cool MAD, i'd love to hear more about it... please.

beautiful pic of you btw :)

Psychicwolf
Pirate

Post by Psychicwolf » 12-22-2007 07:12 PM

I too would like to know more. I grow wheatgrass on top of my fridge. It seems to like the warmth and the humidity in the kitchen.
I throw some in my morning fruit smoothies. Very good for you and cleansing.
Dance to heal the earth. Not just when you're dancing, but always. Live the dance, whenever you move, in all you do, dance to heal the earth.

MAD
Pirate

WHEATGRASS

Post by MAD » 12-22-2007 07:37 PM

This product has made growing any type sprout very easy and since wheatgrass is juiced everyday, we allways have what we need.I have grown sprouts for decades, but this system control humidity. Since there is no store to go to for health food, we needed this item.
Wheatgrass seed is received via mail, without problem along with other sprout seeds. I have found you can sprout any legume here in Mali, if you want beans, lentils, mung beans etc.

Wheatgrass is juiced in our Omega juicer. Link attached

http://www.easygreen.com/
http://www.omegajuicers.com/
Last edited by MAD on 12-22-2007 07:42 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “MAD'S Mali Journal”