Blackwater: CIA Assassins?

Archive. Enter at your own risk. Unmoderated thread.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Shirleypal
Pirate

Blackwater: CIA Assassins?

Post by Shirleypal » 08-20-2009 04:12 PM

By Jeremy Scahill

August 20, 2009

In April 2002, the CIA paid Blackwater more than $5 million to deploy a small team of men inside Afghanistan during the early stages of US operations in the country. A month later, Erik Prince, the company's owner and a former Navy SEAL, flew to Afghanistan as part of the original twenty-man Blackwater contingent. Blackwater worked for the CIA at its station in Kabul as well as in Shkin, along the Afghanistan-Pakistan border, where they operated out of a mud fortress known as the Alamo. It was the beginning of a long relationship between Blackwater, Prince and the CIA.

Now the New York Times is reporting that in 2004 the CIA hired Blackwater "as part of a secret program to locate and assassinate top operatives of Al Qaeda." According to the Times, "it is unclear whether the CIA had planned to use the contractors to capture or kill Qaeda operatives, or just to help with training and surveillance."

The Times reports that "the CIA did not have a formal contract with Blackwater for this program but instead had individual agreements with top company officials, including the founder, Erik D. Prince, a politically connected former member of the Navy Seals and the heir to a family fortune." A retired intelligence officer "intimately familiar with the assassination program" told the Washington Post, "Outsourcing gave the agency more protection in case something went wrong." The Post reported that Blackwater "was given operational responsibility for targeting terrorist commanders and was awarded millions of dollars for training and weaponry, but the program was canceled before any missions were conducted."

http://www.thenation.com/doc/20090831/s ... mailNation

Bobbi Snow
Pirate

Post by Bobbi Snow » 08-21-2009 01:27 AM

I listened to MSNBC (Keith and Rachel) on this topic, tonight. Bypass Congress? Farm out assassinations to Blackwater?? And the head of Blackwater is a "Christian Soldier, dedicated to rid the world of Muslims??? My God... what was Dick Cheney and his coharts thinking? That they were Gods??? Obviously... How sad that those people were allowed to insult America and lie to Congress.
ImageIf you're still breathing, it's not too late!

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 08-21-2009 01:31 AM

What is scary Bobbi this may just be the tip of the iceberg.....:(

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 08-21-2009 09:12 AM

The tip of the iceberg indeed, SP.

Now the entire Circus of Death has moved its BASE OF OPERATIONS into Afghanistan.
BAGRAM AIR BASE, Afghanistan -- Anyone who thinks the Afghanistan troop "surge" is a temporary, one-time deal should watch the construction here of a vast new million barracks building.

It's not temporary. It's three stories of concrete.

Eight years after American forces scattered the Taliban and effectively conquered Afghanistan, the United States is embarked on a frenzied 0 million building campaign at this sprawling and still expanding military air base. Just to meet the base's demand for fresh concrete, it has two of its own cement factories working full time.

Xe will be there too, facilitating the transfer of very large sums of money, & in fact providing cover for those who are FUNDING OUR SUPPOSED ENEMIES. In the States, we call this type of funding "farm subsidies".

The manager of an Afghan firm with lucrative construction contracts with the U.S. government builds in a minimum of 20 percent for the Taliban in his cost estimates. The manager, who will not speak openly, has told friends privately that he makes in the neighborhood of
BAGRAM AIR BASE, Afghanistan -- Anyone who thinks the Afghanistan troop "surge" is a temporary, one-time deal should watch the construction here of a vast new $17 million barracks building.

It's not temporary. It's three stories of concrete.

Eight years after American forces scattered the Taliban and effectively conquered Afghanistan, the United States is embarked on a frenzied $220 million building campaign at this sprawling and still expanding military air base. Just to meet the base's demand for fresh concrete, it has two of its own cement factories working full time.

Xe will be there too, facilitating the transfer of very large sums of money, & in fact providing cover for those who are FUNDING OUR SUPPOSED ENEMIES. In the States, we call this type of funding "farm subsidies".
The manager of an Afghan firm with lucrative construction contracts with the U.S. government builds in a minimum of 20 percent for the Taliban in his cost estimates. The manager, who will not speak openly, has told friends privately that he makes in the neighborhood of $1 million per month. Out of this, $200,000 is siphoned off for the insurgents.

“I was building a bridge,” he said, one evening over drinks. “The local Taliban commander called and said ‘don’t build a bridge there, we’ll have to blow it up.’ I asked him to let me finish the bridge, collect the money — then they could blow it up whenever they wanted. We agreed, and I completed my project.”

Xe (Blackwater) will continue to execute it's criminal business plan in Afghanistan with the full approval of Congress, providing the private commando squads necessary to ensure the integrity of the CIA's <s> drug running</s> black-op "security" infrastructures in the Bush/Obama War on Terror. Where is all of that MISSING OPIUM?

The US has a sh*t load of maturing T-bills to pay, and a very convenient reason to occupy one of the worlds most lucrative narcotic regions - but there has to be a cut out between the CIA & the narcotic trade.
The Times reports that "the CIA did not have a formal contract with Blackwater for this program but instead had individual agreements with top company officials, including the founder, Erik D. Prince, a politically connected former member of the Navy Seals and the heir to a family fortune."
million per month. Out of this, 0,000 is siphoned off for the insurgents.

“I was building a bridge,” he said, one evening over drinks. “The local Taliban commander called and said ‘don’t build a bridge there, we’ll have to blow it up.’ I asked him to let me finish the bridge, collect the money — then they could blow it up whenever they wanted. We agreed, and I completed my project.”

Xe (Blackwater) will continue to execute it's criminal business plan in Afghanistan with the full approval of Congress, providing the private commando squads necessary to ensure the integrity of the CIA's <s> drug running</s> black-op "security" infrastructures in the Bush/Obama War on Terror. Where is all of that MISSING OPIUM?

The US has a sh*t load of maturing T-bills to pay, and a very convenient reason to occupy one of the worlds most lucrative narcotic regions - but there has to be a cut out between the CIA & the narcotic trade.
The Times reports that "the CIA did not have a formal contract with Blackwater for this program but instead had individual agreements with top company officials, including the founder, Erik D. Prince, a politically connected former member of the Navy Seals and the heir to a family fortune."

And if Erik Prince has to go away, so be it. There a hundred more jackboots waiting to step in and receive a few billion to go kill "terrorists". :mad:
Last edited by SquidInk on 08-21-2009 09:31 AM, edited 1 time in total.
For if it profit, none dare call it Treason.

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 08-21-2009 10:23 AM

...and this is something new? with CIA and FBI -- sad to say history shows the use/misuse of these agencies - as well as the failure to exchange information between the two.

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 08-21-2009 10:33 AM

Cherry Kelly wrote: ...and this is something new? with CIA and FBI -- sad to say history shows the use/misuse of these agencies - as well as the failure to exchange information between the two.

You're right, CK.

It's nothing new. So let's ignore the crimes of the federal government and it's extra-constitutional military organizations, while they cruise the globe murdering for profit.

Good point.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 08-21-2009 10:39 AM

Thanks for the information Squidink, afraid you are right, your sig line says it all.
It's amazing how the drug connection and how lucrative it is, is totally ignored, war on drugs is a joke, what do they call it, lip service.

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 08-21-2009 10:57 AM

Shirleypal wrote: ... your sig line says it all.
It's amazing how the drug connection and how lucrative it is, is totally ignored, war on drugs is a joke, what do they call it, lip service.

I don't know, but we call it propaganda, illusion, subterfuge, disinformation, cold calculation, & double speak, or in other words - "globalism" & "business".
Last edited by SquidInk on 08-21-2009 11:19 AM, edited 1 time in total.

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 08-21-2009 01:01 PM

Shirleypal wrote: Thanks for the information Squidink, afraid you are right, your sig line says it all.

Look at it this way, Shirleypal:

If you collect monies to "fight the terrorists" (control/build narcotics distribution infrastructure), & then you also collect additional monies to fight the "war on drugs" (destroy the distribution networks) then you control both sides of the equation. Thus ensuring a steady supply of "terrorists", "druglords" , & military assets - along with enormous profits which can be used to pursue the real agenda. It's even better when a guy like Cheney comes around with a huge position in the prison industrial complex, because he makes a fourth profit - from the imprisonment of both "terrorists" & "drug addicts".

All of this is a very typical global corporate business model.

Blackwater is a visible symptom of something much more psychotic. That is (IMHO) why the "town hall" protests are so ludicrous. They are not getting to the root of the problem.
Last edited by SquidInk on 08-21-2009 01:11 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 08-21-2009 01:22 PM

Blackwater is a visible symptom of something much more psychotic. That is (IMHO) why the "town hall" protests are so ludicrous. They are not getting to the root of the problem

Makes sense to me..think there is change in the air, not sure how that will look.

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 08-22-2009 10:52 AM

SquidInk -- no I am not saying "ignore them".

What I am pointing out is that it is NOT something that only now just happened. It has been going on for a long time - so where was the outcry back some years ago? (or should I say the only time its brought up is connected to one political group and totally ignored when its another political group) You know what I mean?

I would say its time to put an end to it - no matter who is in power - but we all know it won't be stopped.

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 08-22-2009 12:09 PM

I was shocked, absolutely shocked, by my total lack of response to this disclosure. The refusal of Congress to question Blackwater adequately during the waning days of the Bush Facist Junta showed me the score, right up front and as the first order of business. The Congressmen knew --- knew --- that if they pressed too hard, they themselves would be murdered by Blackwater operatives. It is the only possible explanation for their collective cowardice at the Blackwater hearings. And I knew it, right then and there.

(And while I am on the subject of collective cowardice, are you people watching how Obama's hysterical devotees are quietly abandoning him and crawling back to their jack-booted fascist masters over the health care issue? So much for the compassion and the enlightened self-interest of the debased, degenerate, decadent and doomed 'Merikan people! And as many of you know, I knew that too when I pulled the lever last November for Obama, the only thing standing at that time between Amerika and Sarah Palin... Damn it! Where the hell is Rombaldi when you really need him to "save the appearances" (which really need to be saved at this stage in the farce)? Hell, folks, at least Carter fought the good fight in 1977 and 1978 and Clinton fought the good fight in 1993 and 1994: unless Obama does something soon, he will make them both look like models of effective integrity!)
Last edited by joequinn on 08-22-2009 12:17 PM, edited 1 time in total.
"Fuggedah about it, Jake --- it's Chinatown!"

megman
Parrothead

Post by megman » 08-22-2009 04:16 PM

SquidInk wrote: Look at it this way, Shirleypal:

If you collect monies to "fight the terrorists" (control/build narcotics distribution infrastructure), & then you also collect additional monies to fight the "war on drugs" (destroy the distribution networks) then you control both sides of the equation. Thus ensuring a steady supply of "terrorists", "druglords" , & military assets - along with enormous profits which can be used to pursue the real agenda. It's even better when a guy like Cheney comes around with a huge position in the prison industrial complex, because he makes a fourth profit - from the imprisonment of both "terrorists" & "drug addicts".

Its been done for decades in Central and South America. Always stick with the tried and true methods.....
Still an Original Pirate since Aug 2000
Wanna ride the Zamboni?

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 12-04-2013 11:19 PM

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 12-05-2013 01:16 PM

So why are we spending all that money on Afghanistan again?

Return to “Politics and Government 2004-2009”