Kucinich introducing 35 Articles of Impeachment - CSPAN now

Archive. Enter at your own risk. Unmoderated thread.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Swerdloc
Pirate

From the Washington Post

Post by Swerdloc » 06-10-2008 01:28 PM

Kucinich Escalates Impeachment Fight

Having failed in his past efforts to impeach Vice President Cheney, Rep. Dennis Kucinich (D-Ohio) escalated his battle against the administration Monday evening by introducing 35 articles of impeachment against President Bush, using a parliamentary maneuver that will force the House to deal with the measure this week.

Kucinich dropped his impeachment measure -- which accuses Bush of taking the country to war in Iraq under false pretenses -- as a "privileged resolution," thus requiring the House to take it up within two legislative days. The chamber is expected to deal with it this afternoon*, by sending it to the Judiciary panel where it will likely never again see the light of day. "It'll be our intention to refer it to committee," said House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-Md.).

Full article
Anchors Aweigh

DesertSage
Pirate

Thomas.loc.gov - Kucinich's 35 Articles of Impeachment Here

Post by DesertSage » 06-10-2008 01:35 PM

Thomas.loc.gov - Kucinich's 35 Articles of Impeachment Here

Amazing how there is NO media coverage on this at all.

Also, at Thomas.loc.gov, this is NOT listed as 'impeachment' proceedings.

It is listed as "NOTICE OF INTENTION TO OFFER RESOLUTION RAISING A QUESTION OF THE PRIVILEGES OF THE HOUSE -- (House of Representatives - June 09, 2008)."

I only found it because I searched on Kucinich's name and the date in the Congressional Record.

NO mention on CNN.:mad: :mad: :mad: This really finally proves that CNN does NOT report the truth of our nation. Shame on them.

Go Kucinich!!!
"Wanting everything in life to be perfect before you take action is like wanting to reach a destination without travel."

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 06-10-2008 01:37 PM

SquidInk wrote: Here is the video (± 30min) if anyone is interested...

PART 1

PART 2

PART 3

[url=http:////youtube.com/watch?v=4_V_hx2Wxlo]PART 4[/url]
Thanks !!!

SquidInk

Re: From the Washington Post

Post by SquidInk » 06-10-2008 03:33 PM

Originally posted at the link posted by Swerdloc
Hoyer suggested that engaging in a lengthy debate over impeaching Bush in the waning days of his administration was not a productive use of the House's time, given that there is so much other pending legislation for the chamber to deal with. He did not indicate that he expected the Judiciary Committee to do anything with the impeachment articles, though he defended the panel's record so far on oversight. "The committee has done a lot of things so far to hold this administration accountable," he said.

Name one... Hoyer - you blithering idiot!! You and your party of scoundrels have done zero, in spite of your mighty promises. In 2006 you were all elected to stop the madness, but instead you choose to avoid being "divisive". Boy, that took some real guts!

So, preserving the rule of law is not a productive use of the House's time? I see. It's more important to discuss the health effects of plastic products, right? Real Impeachment proceedings would occupy one committee - only one. I'm sure (somewhat) the old gargoyles on the hill can multi-task. The vigorish committee would still be meeting, and the cabbage would still get passed around! Nothing to fear.

...Or is there something to fear?
Last edited by SquidInk on 06-10-2008 03:47 PM, edited 1 time in total.
For if it profit, none dare call it Treason.

Cynthia Lynn
Pirate

Post by Cynthia Lynn » 06-10-2008 04:28 PM

Cafferty (the one man I really like on CNN) just mentioned this in the context of his question of the hour:

http://caffertyfile.blogs.cnn.com/2008/ ... ent-391037

"...Meanwhile, here’s something else President Bush may want to keep his eye on: Congressman Dennis Kucinich introduced 35 articles of impeachment against the president last night. Kucinich believes Mr. Bush deceived the country and violated his oath of office by taking the U.S. into war in Iraq. He introduced a similar resolution last year calling for the impeachment of Cheney – that measure was killed.

With so little time left in Bush’s term it’s highly unlikely the Democratic Congress will do anything with this new resolution either. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has made it clear that impeachment is “off the table.” I still wonder who authorized Nancy Pelosi to make that determination. Something else we’ll probably never know..."

Iris
Pirate

Re: Re: From the Washington Post

Post by Iris » 06-10-2008 04:45 PM

SquidInk wrote: Name one... Hoyer - you blithering idiot!! You and your party of scoundrels have done zero, in spite of your mighty promises. In 2006 you were all elected to stop the madness, but instead you choose to avoid being "divisive". Boy, that took some real guts!

So, preserving the rule of law is not a productive use of the House's time? I see. It's more important to discuss the health effects of plastic products, right? Real Impeachment proceedings would occupy one committee - only one. I'm sure (somewhat) the old gargoyles on the hill can multi-task. The vigorish committee would still be meeting, and the cabbage would still get passed around! Nothing to fear.

...Or is there something to fear?

Excellent! Did you send that to Hoyer? You should. :)

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 06-10-2008 06:25 PM

But I also heard that Kucinich delivered his articles of impeachment to an almost empty House chamber...

It isn't merely that Dubya has pix of all those Congresscritters in bed with a dead girl or a live boy...

It isn't merely that the Congresscritters are terrified that their cars will be found on a local bridge, with the passenger side door open, no suicide note, and their personal effects neatly arranged in the middle of the front seat...

The Congresscritters despise the Amerikan people, the debased, degenerate, doomed Amerikan people! Our representatives in Congress know better than just about anyone else what intellectually stunted and morally depraved bitches and bastards we are!

Bottom line: they weren't in the House to listen to Kucinich's speech because they support the Bush fascist junta to the max!

(P.S. I voted for Kucinich in the Demokrat Primary both in 2004 and in 2008, and boy, am I proud of myself! You go, Dennis, until the engine on your plane gives out...)
"Fuggedah about it, Jake --- it's Chinatown!"

Huggybaby
Pirate

Post by Huggybaby » 06-10-2008 06:40 PM

That's right joequinn, there isn't a lick of difference between them all!

I just watched all three national newscasts to the degree that I could, and there was no mention, and it's not on the radio either. I guess that's what happens when all the news is in the hands of six companies.
Last edited by Huggybaby on 06-10-2008 06:42 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 06-10-2008 06:48 PM

I heard talk on three radio programs today.....it is out there but not to the degree it should be.

Swerdloc
Pirate

Post by Swerdloc » 06-10-2008 06:52 PM

It's scheduled for a second reading in the House this evening.
Anchors Aweigh

rumike
Pirate

Post by rumike » 06-10-2008 07:05 PM

Keith Olbermann on MSNBC is devoting his first and longest segment entirely on Kucinich and the Articles of Impeachment.
Anchors Aweigh!

Psychicwolf
Pirate

Post by Psychicwolf » 06-10-2008 07:45 PM

Richard Clarke On Bush Administration - “We Can’t Let These People Back Into Polite Society”

Just had to share.:D

“Now, I just don’t think we can let these people back into polite society and give them jobs on university boards and corporate boards and just let them pretend that nothing ever happened when there are 4,000 Americans dead and 25,000 Americans grievously wounded, and they’ll carry those wounds and suffer all the rest of their lives.”
Dance to heal the earth. Not just when you're dancing, but always. Live the dance, whenever you move, in all you do, dance to heal the earth.

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 06-10-2008 08:30 PM

Swerdloc wrote: It's scheduled for a second reading in the House this evening.
Listening now thanks Bill !

Psychicwolf
Pirate

Post by Psychicwolf » 06-10-2008 08:53 PM

Oh yeah, steam building, get on board!
From Congressman Wexler
Dear Friends,

Our effort to hold the Bush/Cheney Administration accountable has taken another dramatic step forward. Last night, Congressman Dennis Kucinich introduced the first Articles of Impeachment ever to be introduced against President Bush. It includes, in total, thirty-five Articles detailing this Administration's blatant abuse of power. Today, I enthusiastically co-sponsored this vitally important bill.

I am grateful for Dennis' leadership on this issue and for the steadfast support that countless Americans have given to both of our efforts to redeem our government and expose the crimes of Bush and Cheney.

I will now expand my efforts to secure impeachment hearings in the Judiciary Committee for these new Articles of Impeachment against President George W. Bush.

Many of the charges against President Bush are well known – and would shock the conscience of everyday Americans if only the national media would be willing to report on these stark facts.

The Articles present a stunning narrative of offenses that have go well beyond previous crimes committed by any US chief executive. In fact no President or Vice President in history has done more to undermine our constitution.

These charges are broad, with 35 separate allegations including the deliberate lies regarding WMDs that led us to war and the approval of illegal wiretapping of American citizens. The Articles also include new allegations of high crimes – including the explicit approval for high Administration officials to violate treaties and US law banning the use of torture.

The Democratic Party gained a majority in the House and Senate due in large part to our promises to end the corruption of the Republican majority and to hold the Administration accountable to the law. This courageous bill is a crucial step towards fulfilling this promise, but – like the Articles against Cheney – they require your support to convince Democrats and open-minded Republicans to support this bold but necessary action.

Time is running out so we must work together to spread the message and apply pressure.

First, please encourage your friends and family members to sign up at http://www.wexlerwantshearings.com/ – as it will allow us to keep in touch with you and speak to a wider audience. If you haven't yet put in your phone and address, please sign up again, as we will be doing telephone town halls in the near future.

Second, call your representative and urge them to support Impeachment hearings.

Finally, contact newspapers, news stations, and your favorite bloggers and urge them to report on this movement. We need to keep Impeachment a significant news story until the Democratic leadership sees the value in it.

McClellan Agrees to Testify:

I was pleased to inform you yesterday that Judiciary Committee Chairman Conyers met my call to have Former White House Press Secretary Scott McClellan testify under oath. I am thrilled to inform you that McClellan has agreed to testify on June 20th at 10AM. This will be the first step in what we hope will be ongoing and deepening examinations of the stark evidence and charges against both President Bush and Vice President Cheney.

Thank you for your continued passion and advocacy. Your support means so much to me.

Sincerely,

Congressman Robert Wexler
Dance to heal the earth. Not just when you're dancing, but always. Live the dance, whenever you move, in all you do, dance to heal the earth.

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 06-10-2008 08:55 PM

PW, got that same email today, I am proud to call Wexler my Congressman, he has been working on this for years now :)

Return to “Politics and Government 2004-2009”