Intro

First Time Posters thread for new posters or posters with 0-50 posts ONLY!

Moderator: Super Moderators

kbot
Pirate

Intro

Post by kbot » 07-05-2010 08:15 PM

Hi all,

just wanted to introduce myself after lurking for a while now. I'm living in southeastern Massachusetts and am an Air Force vet having the bad luck of being assigned to Offutt back in the 70s. Love listening to C2C, mostly Art's shows, especially the older shows. Being on the east coast I don't get much chance to check-in while you guys are active on the forum, but it's great reading the posts, and I appreciate the links to locating old shows.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

starrmtn001
Jester Mod

Post by starrmtn001 » 07-05-2010 09:39 PM

Hi kbot and welcome to The Fantastic Forum.

Some of we "die hard" Art Bell fans meet every Sat. evening in the Original Radio Room (ORR) for "Somewhere In Time" where we can listen to, and discuss some great classic Art Bell shows.
Please join us this Sat. evening at 6 pm and say hi.
forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&forumid=25

Also, in the spirit of the "Art Bell Effect," many of us gather on the "Mind Blast For The Gulf" thread to do what we can through generation healing thought energy to the Gulf and all of it's inhabitants. Right now we are meeting on Fri. night at 10 pm Eastern Time, but we want to increase the days that we meet. Here is the link.
showthread.php?s=&postid=637870#post637870

I invite you to join us Fri. night for the "Art Bell Effect" Mind Blast for the Gulf and Sat. night for Art Bell Classics, "Somewhere In Time." See Ya There.:D
Last edited by starrmtn001 on 07-05-2010 09:42 PM, edited 1 time in total.

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 07-06-2010 03:47 AM

Thank-you very much for the replay and invite. Usually I get the chance to listen-in on th Somewhere in Time broadcasts because they start relatively early here on the east coast. The station I had been listening to for years now suddenly dropped the show for "The Money Pit". Geez!!!!! What a horror show. Luckily there's an FM station over on The Cape that carries C2C and Somewhere in Time. And, thanks for the links!

Gotta get ready for work - it's heading towards 5:00AM here, the sun's coming up soon and it's gonna be a scortcher today over a hundred with the heat and humidity. Bummer!

K
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Psychicwolf
Pirate

Post by Psychicwolf » 07-06-2010 09:41 AM

Welcome, kbot! The seas can get a little stormy here but it's a great crew aboard...even the one's you want to occasionally walk the plank.:D
Dance to heal the earth. Not just when you're dancing, but always. Live the dance, whenever you move, in all you do, dance to heal the earth.

HurricaneJoanie
Pirate Queen

Welcome

Post by HurricaneJoanie » 07-06-2010 08:54 PM

Hi kbot,

Welcome -- glad you're an Art fan. He's why this ship set sail 10 years ago!

I'm on the East Coast and can keep up pretty well with the goings on. Many others are on the Atlantic, too, so you're not alone.

Find a spot on the deck or below, and join the conversation. As per PW, the waves can knock you down sometimes (I drifted off the radar over the past year), but usually someone throws out a rope and pulls you to safety.

Enuff with the analogies! :D

HJ
It's either real or it's a dream, There's nothing that is in between. ~ Jeff Lynne

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 07-07-2010 09:53 AM

Welcome kbot :)

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 07-07-2010 06:37 PM

Thanks Joanie and SETIS. As much as I try to stay awake all night to listen-in - I just can't - and function at work the same day. Does anyone have any suggestions for downloading any of the old broadcasts. Unfortunately, I have (wait for it...........) dial-up (and AOL!!!) probably the two worst things to have. But, given a choice of paying a mortgage, helping my son with college and ailing in-laws, or, paying high cable internet broadband fees, I'm stuck with the snail alternative.

If anyone has any suggestions I would certainly appreciate the input.

K

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 07-07-2010 09:16 PM

Hi Kbot, can't help you with the downloads, I don't even have streamlink anymore, just listen on the radio now.

HurricaneJoanie
Pirate Queen

Post by HurricaneJoanie » 07-07-2010 10:23 PM

As much as I try to stay awake all night to listen-in - I just can't -

Oh, I don't listen to Snoory -- ever. I was referring to staying up "late" some nights posting. I'm a weekend "Somewhere in Time" girl and do the Snoopy dance when Art is LIVE from the Philippines. :)
It's either real or it's a dream, There's nothing that is in between. ~ Jeff Lynne

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 07-08-2010 05:31 AM

HurricaneJoanie wrote: Oh, I don't listen to Snoory -- ever. I was referring to staying up "late" some nights posting. I'm a weekend "Somewhere in Time" girl and do the Snoopy dance when Art is LIVE from the Philippines. :)

I can appreciate your sentiment. George is OK at best, and Ian, well it just depends. I like listening-in on Knapp's shows because he reminds me the most of Art with the subject matter. But there's something about Art's shows that combines great topics and guests with meaningful but not meaningless and gratuitous questions - and allowing the guest to speak.

I just wish that the show was on earlier.......

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 07-08-2010 05:44 AM

Hey there from me, too, kbot! Welcome to the FF!
Image Anchors Aweigh!

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 07-08-2010 12:02 PM

Joolz wrote: Hey there from me, too, kbot! Welcome to the FF!

Thanks Joolz!! You all seem like an interesting, fun bunch of people.

racehorse
Pirate

Post by racehorse » 07-08-2010 12:12 PM

Welcome to our Pirate ship and crew, kbot. :)
racehorse

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 07-10-2010 04:51 PM

racehorse wrote: Welcome to our Pirate ship and crew, kbot. :)

Thanks Racehorse! Looks like an active bunch here.

Return to “First Time Posters Thread”