New to the forum long time C2C listener

First Time Posters thread for new posters or posters with 0-50 posts ONLY!

Moderator: Super Moderators

vrpodpilot
Pirate

New to the forum long time C2C listener

Post by vrpodpilot » 05-12-2008 12:11 AM

Hello, I'm trying to figure out what's going on here, so I'll just dive in with an intro and see what happens. I discovered C2C in 1996 when I began driving Big Trucks C2C. I've been hooked ever since my Driver Trainer said, late one night, "You've got to listen to this".
I'm interested in all subjects covered by C2C and treat each subject as a single puzzle piece that when aligned with other subjects would create a larger picture of this mysterious world we share.
With my personal accumulation of life experienses, I can reflect back and see that there is a lot more to this plane of existense than I can percieve with five senses.
With more than 1.5 million miles traveled, I have seen every portion of this great country and personally experienced many events which can only be classified as, "Beyond Normal", during my travels.
I'm surrounded by "Normal" people who seem afraid to expand their understanding of reality. "Normal" is defined as, the majority concensus of reality, by a society. I feel my views place me outside our standard social realization of what's normal.
I am a part time inventor who funds his endeavors by driving long haul. When I'm afforded time while on the road, I am usually developing my ideas on computer and then making them a reality when I get back to my shop.
Although I'm fascinated with spiritual, OBE, and other soul empowerment subjects, I lean to the technical aspects of these many subjects such as quantum physics, and wave propagation. I feel that all of the multiverses must operate on specific base principals, that are relevant in all dimensions. Subjects like Frank's Box and Princeton Eggs help encourage my imagination to theorize about possible physical laws, that relate dimensions.
I'm looking forward to meeting others possessed, like myself, by similar abnormalities.

MAD
Pirate

WELCOME

Post by MAD » 05-12-2008 06:14 AM

""I feel my views place me outside our standard social realization of what's normal."

vrpodpilot, your in the right place!

:D

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 05-12-2008 10:17 AM

Welcome vrpodpilot, as MAD said you are in the right place, as a long time listener, May 1994 I can certainly relate, maybe we will be lucky and have Art back sometime soon.:)

vrpodpilot
Pirate

Post by vrpodpilot » 05-12-2008 11:15 AM

Thanks for the welcome. I too miss Art, but I really enjoy Ian. George is good but a little too Hollywood.
Art's broadcasts from his desert trailer, while the world slept, gave C2C a special non-commercial feel. Like it was an illegal pirate radio broadcast being sent out, un-noticed by the "Average World." I could picture Art in a darkened room, surrounded by his radio equipment, tweaking knobs, while he transmitted. Do you remeber the 1960's movie "Vanishing Point", with the blind psychic DJ broadcasting from a desert town in Arizona?
I don't think anyone can replicate Art's Mystique, but Ian's intellectual and humorous process, broadcast from the frozen Midwest is very good. I do enjoy Ian's ability to bring out the best in his guests.
I sometimes get frustrated with George, because he doesn't seem to be "zoned in" on what the guest is actually saying. It's like George is either distracted by studio activity, or he doesn't have as thorough an understanding, as the rest of us. An understanding that comes from not only listening for years but from contemplating the material, presented on C2C. I can picture George walking into his studio all a buzz with employees and shouting "It's Showtime."
I live in Dallas Texas, and this new C2C reminds me of when Jerry Jones bought the Cowboys and fired Tom Landry. The Cowboy's Mystique was transformed overnight from our home town team to just another commercial enterprise. I have never been a sports fanatic but I was proud of my hometown team, primarily because of what Tom Landry stood for. It's not wheter you Win or Lose, it's how you play the game."

Thanks again, glad to be hear.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 05-12-2008 04:06 PM

I like Ian also but not happy with the direction he has taken in the past few months, but have to say last night was an exceptional show...as far as the week days, they don't exist for me. Hope you stop by the Original Radio Room and say hello.

starrmtn001
Jester Mod

Post by starrmtn001 » 05-12-2008 07:04 PM

Ahoy and welcome vrpodpilot. I too confirm that you are in the right place for genuine Coast To Coast listeners.

Check out "Somewhere In Time" for classic Art Bell broadcasts.;)

P.S. As you know, Art Bell has a special place in his heart for truckers. You are the lifeblood of our magnificent nation.:)
Last edited by starrmtn001 on 05-12-2008 07:08 PM, edited 1 time in total.

vrpodpilot
Pirate

Post by vrpodpilot » 05-12-2008 07:39 PM

Thanks to you and Art. Yes, I do know how Art feels about us. Unfortunately a few drivers give all of us a bad reputation, so it's common for us to be unwelcome and invisible to the public's eye.
I've been checking out threads and getting a sense of this virtual community. I'm a little overwhelmed by volume, but pleased with the comradery of my new shipmates. Glad I climbed the gangway and set sail with all of you:)

starrmtn001
Jester Mod

Post by starrmtn001 » 05-12-2008 07:40 PM

vrpodpilot wrote: Thanks to you and Art. Yes, I do know how Art feels about us. Unfortunately a few drivers give all of us a bad reputation, so it's common for us to be unwelcome and invisible to the public's eye.
I've been checking out threads and getting a sense of this virtual community. I'm a little overwhelmed by volume, but pleased with the comradery of my new shipmates. Glad I climbed the gangway and set sail with all of you:)

Welcome aboard.

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 05-13-2008 10:44 AM

Welcome aboard vrpodpilot
:)

OMG
Pirate

Post by OMG » 05-14-2008 01:15 AM

The Global Warming denier show yesterday is a perfect example of how Noory is a lazy and unqualified host. That guest gave a bunch of contradictions that Noory never picked up on, let alone asking any decent questions that would challenge the guests opinion. To bad the ORR wasn't active as I was screaming at the radio to please call out the guest on double speak or go in more depth on what his stances or conclusion are. Just some quick examples

Guest said that global warming is caused by sun spots and is a natural occurance but then mocks the idea of Global warming by saying that it snowed a lot in some parts? Why did Noory not ask him to clarify what is his stance is, is Global Warming happening because of the sun spots or is it not happening at all because it is snowed this winter. He allowed the guest to play both sides.

The Guest talked about how more scientists are against man made idea of global warming yet Noory never asked where he got that from and how much, considering most reports I read says the opposite that most scientists do agree that man has a part in Global Warming.

The Guest talk about scientists are pressured to go along with the Global Warming group, yet Noory never bothered to bring up that the other way happened when WH scientists had to change their report because the WH didn't like that the outcome was that Global Warming is dangerous and man had something to do with it. Noory never brings out the other part which would fit in against his guests claim.

And finally the guest stated a report that said some parts this winter didn't warm up. But by chance i actually read the report and it's true a part of that report said that. But it also said globally the tempature did increase which the guest never mentioned, and of course neither did Noory. I didn't even know this show was going to be on, and I knew about this report but Noory who you think would have done some prep work didn't, or maybe choose to ignore it.

I don't want to turn this thread into Global Warming debate, but I thought that program was perfect example of how Noory is more like an infomercial host who just set up his pre-approved questions and let the guy just talk for the half hour segment without any debate or intellegent conversation. I gave four examples of questions or moments that if Noory choose to actual do his job and ask an interesting question it could have been a more intersting, informative and fullfilling show. Instead it turned into one guy giving his opinion, like it's some sort of speech.

I might not as mind if it's a paranormal topic and let the guest just give his opinion or experience because those topics aren't in the mainstream enough. But if you want to talk about a mainstream current event issue at least have the ability to debate and take the other side for a bit and challenge the guest opinion especially when you find him contradicting himself. Ian is so much better as an interviewer, at least Ian listens to the guest and ask for clearification or challenges them when needs be.

IvyQ
Pirate

Post by IvyQ » 05-14-2008 07:47 AM

welcome to the ship vrpodpilot :)

WestBorder
Pirate

Re: WELCOME

Post by WestBorder » 05-14-2008 10:08 AM

MAD wrote: ""I feel my views place me outside our standard social realization of what's normal."

Like MAD said, you'd signed on with the right crew then! Welcome aboard! Please stop in the ORR some evening and chat with us...we'd be happy to have you there. :)
Anchors Aweigh!

Kaztronic

Post by Kaztronic » 05-26-2008 10:55 PM

Welcome aboard vrpodpilot, always good to have new shipmates :)
Image "You'll get used to my babbling, all the others have." - Anna Madrigal from "Tales Of The City" by Armistead Maupin

vrpodpilot
Pirate

Post by vrpodpilot » 05-27-2008 03:13 PM

Thanks to everyone for making me feel welcome! I'm becoming addicted to this forum. Lots of intelligent dialog, and just enough satirical commentary to keep it light and fun. Thanks All.

Return to “First Time Posters Thread”