Art Bell Mixing the Old with the New?????

Moderator: Super Moderators

lutefisk
Pirate

Art Bell Mixing the Old with the New?????

Post by lutefisk » 03-30-2002 02:53 PM

I think I saw this mentioned somewhere else on the Forum. I wasn't quite sure if I was imagining it or if I was hearing the same callers calling in, repeating what they had said before!

These calls were mixed in with new parts of Art's show! I'm not talking about repeats either. Art will be going along with open lines, then, there will be some callers that have obviously been recorded previously and just inserted!!

The only reason I can think of to justify this is people aren't calling in or they aren't calling in on the rightsubjects! I know Art's "producer" is right there on the line with him at all times, I sure would like to know what's up and whether or not any of you Maties out there have noticed this?

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 03-31-2002 01:06 AM

I haven't notice this, Lutefisk. Incredible if so. Will need to listen closely. Let us know of any details you uncover.

Morgan
Pirate

Post by Morgan » 03-31-2002 01:37 AM

Yes, I've noticed something odd, too.
Not so much that old calls are played, but that it SEEMS like Art does the first hour of open lines, along with the teasers about his guest... then the guest interview is a replay.
This is what it seemed like with Thursday's show and with the Koontz interview... although I didn't pay enough attention to the first hour to know for sure it was live.
They are NOT called replays on the website. What, I wonder, the hell?

------------------
Morgan the Primate
**Cogito Ergo Spud**
Morgan the Primate
**Cogito Ergo Spud**

Highwayman
Pirate

Post by Highwayman » 03-31-2002 06:32 AM

Lutefisk,

I'm glad you brought this up. For the last few weeks I haven't been able to figure out if I'm listening to a rerun or a new show. I thought it was just me. I figured maybe they were reruns, and I had fallen asleep during parts of them. Then I began wondering if I was having major deja vu. Then I concluded I was nuts.

-Highwayman

ElKamino
Dark Enity

Post by ElKamino » 03-31-2002 07:51 AM

Aw hell Highwayman, we're all nuts to a certain extent. But, in this case I believe we all to be cognicent and in full control of our minds. In other words, we aint nuts kids. C2C is doing some slight of ear here. If there is some actual live content on each nights program, then they dont have to call it a replay. And, they dont have to deal with pissed of affiliates who scream for a discount each time they get stuck with a replay. (And, as long as they have your ear for the first hour, they're home free! Its all about numbers kids, in spite of what Clear Channel says!) The next time we get a suspected replay, lets check the archives and have someone compare the shows. I think we'll find some creative editing there. But they aint gonna fool us...right?

Al Bowman
Pirate

Post by Al Bowman » 03-31-2002 10:40 AM

The one real confusing thing is that the website does not tell you it is a replay anymore. I was listening to Graham Hancock the other night and suddenly realized that I had already heard the entire interview. It was a replay, the website did not say that at all. This is deception, in my opinion. As far as taped open lines go, unfortunately, not only do the same people get through most of the time, but they say the same thing every time they call, so it is hard to figure out if the call is live or taped. Some of the callers are painful to listen to.

[This message has been edited by Al Bowman (edited 31 March 2002).]

artsparts
Pirate

Post by artsparts » 03-31-2002 11:29 AM

I'm very disappointed with the direction of the show. Art is NOT in control anymore and everything is going to hell in a hen basket. Maybe one or two shows a week interest me anymore. I used to tape everynights show and listen after work or weekends but no more. Is it me or is there a very serious change occuring? I don't like it and I hope it stops soon.It is the only show still there with the potential for real open thought and explortation. Perhaps "others" have put an end to it. Please respond, thank you

artsparts
Pirate

Post by artsparts » 03-31-2002 03:47 PM

It seems , alot of people notice the bad changes going on with Art, Alan62 in Subscription fee thread also sees the $ sign from Premier and lack of care for the genre of the original show and website.

artsparts
Pirate

Post by artsparts » 03-31-2002 06:50 PM

A lot more posts on the decline of Premiers Coast to coast show ( notice I didn't say Art's Show)are in the thread Where is Art? Apparantly now three seperate threads are covering the demise.

lutefisk
Pirate

Post by lutefisk » 03-31-2002 10:01 PM

Highwayman, I had EXACTLY the same feeling of "Dejavu!" That's when I started to really listen and by golly if there weren't callers from past shows "slipping" in there for perhaps 10 minute blocks or more with the regular shows!

What the Hell is going on??

Return to “Art Bell Archive 12-2001 to 5-2002”