Hi from Art

Moderator: Super Moderators

Art Bell
The East

Hi from Art

Post by Art Bell » 10-16-2008 08:13 PM

Hi all!

Were back in the good old U.S.A. and have been home for a couple of Weeks. Still in the travel mode however, we are about to take a Cruise to Hawaii for about 15 days
which is why we will not be around for Halloween. Then it is off to Chicago for the induction. After all the travel we will settle down for a bit and enjoy the Desert.

As usual I want to thank all of you for being there for me in so many ways including the votes that put me over the top and gee, I did not even speak with Joe the Plummer.

Asia is a complete Angel. ( Most of the time) as healthy as can be with a smile which would melt steel. Airyn is also well and we have a recent picture of the
three of us up.

I hope not to many of you have been hit by the financial bomb that went off while we were in Manila, it looks like we are in for a lot more pain before it gets any better.

There is a time for everything, the time to answer many of your questions is not now, I hope you understand. The time will come.

Love you all,

Art, Airyn and Asia

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 10-16-2008 08:17 PM

Hi Art, great to hear from you !! Please take care of yourself and the family. We miss you !

Swerdloc
Pirate

Post by Swerdloc » 10-16-2008 08:20 PM

Terrific to hear from you, Art, and that the family is well. If you have any new ventures in broadcasting in the future, I'm sure we'll be eager to support you.
Anchors Aweigh

Bellisima
Pirate

Post by Bellisima » 10-16-2008 08:20 PM

Love and smooth sailing to the three Bells.

I find the words "the time will come" very comforting! :)
ImageA silent mouth is sweet to hear.
Irish saying

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 10-16-2008 08:21 PM

There is a time for everything, the time to answer many of your questions is not now, I hope you understand. The time will come.

Hey Art great to hear from you as always.....saw the picture you have up, Asia is beautiful and growing, you all look wonderful...looking forward to those answers to our many questions.:)

racehorse
Pirate

Re: Hi from Art

Post by racehorse » 10-16-2008 08:24 PM

Art Bell wrote: Hi all!

Were back in the good old U.S.A. and have been home for a couple of Weeks. Still in the travel mode however, we are about to take a Cruise to Hawaii for about 15 days
which is why we will not be around for Halloween. Then it is off to Chicago for the induction. After all the travel we will settle down for a bit and enjoy the Desert.

As usual I want to thank all of you for being there for me in so many ways including the votes that put me over the top and gee, I did not even speak with Joe the Plummer.

Asia is a complete Angel. ( Most of the time) as healthy as can be with a smile which would melt steel. Airyn is also well and we have a recent picture of the
three of us up.

I hope not to many of you have been hit by the financial bomb that went off while we were in Manila, it looks like we are in for a lot more pain before it gets any better.

Love you all,

Art, Airyn and Asia
Hi Art, :)

It is wonderful to hear from you again. I hope that you enjoyed your time in Manila and that your upcoming travels will be great. I am very much looking forward to your induction in the National Radio Hall of Fame. You very much deserve it.

Like all of the Pirates here and your countless other devoted listeners, I miss listening to your radio broadcasts. I eagerly await whatever new course you will pursue and understand and agree that "there is a time for everything".

Please take care. As always, I wish you, Airyn, and Asia the very best.
racehorse

Waverider
Pirate

Post by Waverider » 10-16-2008 08:26 PM

Great to hear from you Art!
You sound like a happy man' :D

Always on the go' Well, bless your heart.
So glad you have Airyn and lil' Asia at your side.

O K. So tell us... Are you going on ship cruises cuz'
no one cooks?
;)

Captain Fantastic
DREAD PIRATE

Post by Captain Fantastic » 10-16-2008 08:53 PM

Ahoy to the three ABs! Here's to smooth sailing, Art.

Arrrrrgh!

ps: we are hosting an Art Bell Halloween Extravaganza on the Fantastic Forum this year with ShirleyPal in the ORR. If you are near a laptop on Halloween, check it out!

Everyone get your favorite Ghost to Ghost shows out, and other shows of ghosts and the paranormal - and save'em to listen to on Oct 31st - and join ShirleyPal and the Pirates of the Fantastic in the ORR!

badspell
Pirate

Post by badspell » 10-16-2008 09:20 PM

There is a reason you are the captain !!
I salute you
All hear few listen

HurricaneJoanie
Pirate Queen

ART!!

Post by HurricaneJoanie » 10-16-2008 09:25 PM

Man, it's great to hear from you, Art! We're so happy YOU'RE happy.

Oh, we know Asia's an angel -- the look on her face is a pure reflection of the love you and Airyn have for her.

Have a great time traveling, and we'll be watching the Hall of Fame Website for pix and happenings at the ceremony. WE ARE THRILLED and SO PROUD OF YOU!

Halloween won't be the same without you, but you'll feel our luuuuuuv wafting through the Hawaiian palms and riding on every Pacific wave. Should you see a ghostly ship with a tattered Jolly Roger sailing just off shore the evening of Oct. 31, you'll know our mind experiment worked! :D

If another little Bell slides down from Heaven while you're over there, will she be called HonoLU-LU? ;-)

You're going to be worn out by Christmas, but should be all better by New Year's Eve. ;) (We're so selfish!)

Lots and lots of love to you, Art!

HJ
~And DON'T FORGET to vote early! O-bam-a -- O-bam-a ;)
Last edited by HurricaneJoanie on 10-16-2008 11:14 PM, edited 1 time in total.
It's either real or it's a dream, There's nothing that is in between. ~ Jeff Lynne

tpete
Pirate

Post by tpete » 10-16-2008 09:52 PM

Art! Thanks for checking in with us. It means a lot.

Enjoy your cruise and have a blast with your family. Be sure to bring an extra sweater for Chi-town -- however cold you think it's going to be, it will wind up being one sweater colder. I left Chicago because it's too cold. No other primates live that far north. It's not natural.

And as for the end of your message . . . we do understand. We'll be here.

Tim

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 10-16-2008 10:06 PM

Hey Art! What a surprise to check in to the Ship for the evening and see this message from you! :) Thanks so much for thinking of us. We Pirates are always here for you. Know that. Sounds like you've got a pretty full schedule ahead of you, but a fun one. (Ha! Ha! on Joe the Plumber! :D) Much love and many blessings to you, Airyn and Asia from Corvid and me.
Image Anchors Aweigh!

goodfello
Pirate

Post by goodfello » 10-17-2008 10:07 AM

Hey there Art

It's great to hear from you. Thanks for the update. We will certainly miss you on halloween,it will not be the same.

peace and happiness!!!!!

Bill C
Cincinnati, Ohio
Be well!

Supernova
Pirate

Post by Supernova » 10-17-2008 12:17 PM

Hi Art,

Thanks for the update and we look forward to hearing more from you when that "time" comes. Enjoy Hawaii AND your well deserved induction into the Radio Hall Of Fame.

M.

Patty
Pirate

Post by Patty » 10-17-2008 01:04 PM

Welcome back Art. It's always great to hear from you and to know you and your family are safe and well. Have to admit I was getting a bit nervous wondering if all was well in Bellville. I know it's kinda weird, but I worry about you and yours when we don't hear from you, kinda like when my brother doesn't keep in contact for awhile! You shouldn't leave us hanging so long! LOL! Just a quick, "I'm fine, we're ALL fine" would suffice! You bad boy! Shoot, you could do that in a coffee shop! (seee.....you're getting what my brother gets! ;) ) Anyway, looking forward to those answers in the future. Hope the Financial meltdown didn't hit you too badly. God Bless you and your family! Take care. :)

Return to “Art Bell Archive”