Pirate

Compromise

Post by cherry » 11-29-2006 09:27 PM

ARt, move to Hawaii!

Supernova
Pirate

Post by Supernova » 11-29-2006 10:02 PM

Art And Airyn,

I am hoping that all will be well with you and all of those in the Philippines who are in the path of this storm. Stay away from those windows!

Supernova.

daboodaddy
Pirate

Post by daboodaddy » 11-29-2006 10:07 PM

Prayers and positive energy for you and all involved, Art!
Question EVERYTHING, even your OWN thoughts.
A "Daboodaddyism"

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 11-29-2006 10:25 PM

This terrible storm reminds of this.

Bad Moon Rising

Ziroc
Pirate

Post by Ziroc » 11-29-2006 11:05 PM

Art, GET out of that tower! Get some security guards, and go somewhere underground--but not near water. Your windows in that high rise WILL implode. If you are going to stay, tape them up with duct tape, and tape them over with sheets. And tape the edges closed.

When the eye comes, get loads of blankets, jugs of water, cat box, and go into the bathroom with a tub. GET INTO The tub, and cover yourselves with the blankets, and even a mattress--or lay the mattress up against the bathroom door. (stops glass and stuff).

Ask the manager what the building code rating is for. (wind speed limit). If it's not at least 170mph, get out. SERIOUS man.

You have to remember the baby. Make the right choice.

I am thinking of you man, I'll be sending good thoughts and hope you make it through this. Just don't panic.

Make sure you have all your meds, and such. get some food ready. bags and stuff. If you have two tubs, fill one with water to drink. As water/power may be out for WEEKS.

IMO, if power is out for weeks, fly yourselves to the USA. :)

Remember, after the storm--if it's as bad as I think it'll be-- there may be looting, and stuff. you need security, as you can't own a gun. If you live in the richer areas, you KNOW that's gonna be a target for looters. get a big knife, and be ready. (worst case).. I'm sure it won't come to that, but you gotta think like others think. And I know you do that, so be safe brother!

Dan
Lakeland, Florida, USA

I called and spoke with you 2 times when all 4 of those hurricanes hit central Florida. Never called before, and both times, I got through on the first dial. so cool. :)

But man.. you can FEEL the pressure on the structure you're in.. and the windows... you hold your breath when big gusts come.

After Hurricane Jeanne, we went out the next morning, and EVERY block had at least 3 trees down. We had to back up a lot and turn around because trees upon trees crossed the roads and even the railroad tracks. crazy... I have a gallery of some pics from that day at:

http://www.ironworksforum.com/hosted/ev ... anne3.html
Ziroc™
"I thought there was no Chill town!" - Howie Gordon - BB6/BB7 AS

tiffany
Pirate

Track just barely south of Manila

Post by tiffany » 11-29-2006 11:24 PM

USWS stated tonight that the Typhoon would be a CAT 4 or possibly a strong CAT 3..........

tiffany
Pirate

250 kph equals 155 mph

Post by tiffany » 11-29-2006 11:58 PM

Super Typhoon DURIAN (Reming/24W)
8AM Nov 30: 13.4N 124.5E 250 kph West @ 17 kph Camarines Sur-Naga City

http://www.typhoon2000.ph/

Current Observations:

Increasing winds with some passing moderate to heavy rains. New wind gust of 69.2 kph recorded in Sur-Naga City.
Last edited by tiffany on 11-30-2006 12:05 AM, edited 1 time in total.

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 11-30-2006 12:14 AM

Ziroc
Pirate

Post by Ziroc » 11-30-2006 02:10 AM

Looks to be on track to go a little south of Manila. Which is good.
Ziroc™
"I thought there was no Chill town!" - Howie Gordon - BB6/BB7 AS

tiffany
Pirate

UPDATE

Post by tiffany » 11-30-2006 02:56 AM

MANILA (AFP) - Super typhoon "Reming" (international codename: Durian) slammed into the eastern Philippines on Thursday, bringing torrential rains and powerful winds as it headed towards Manila.

Packing winds of 190 kilometers (118 miles) an hour, Reming tore through the eastern island of Catanduanes, about 410 kilometers (254 miles) east of Manila, just before dawn destroying property and uprooting trees.

Power lines were brought down causing widespread blackouts throughout the eastern Bicol region including the provincial capital Legaspi City, the civil defense office said.

In Manila, which was overcast, all schools were closed and emergency services put on alert.

Reming is expected to hit Manila on Friday before moving into the South China Sea later in the day.

So far there have been no reports of deaths or injuries.

The local government in Catanduanes and nearby provinces evacuated hundreds of residents from low-lying coastal areas, the civil defense office said.

The typhoon is moving west at 17 kilometers (10.5 miles) per hour, packing gusts of 225 kilometers (140 miles) per hour, the government weather station said.

Signal no. 4, the highest level of a four-step alert, was raised over Catanduanes and other provinces in the eastern Bicol region while Signal no. 3 was raised in the nearby provinces of Sorsogon, Quezon and surrounding islands.

Signal no. 2 is in force over Metro Manila and surrounding provinces.

Electrical services were cut in the eastern province of Camarines Sur as a precautionary measure in the event power lines are knocked down, the local power distributor said.

Ferry services have been cancelled in Catanduanes and nearby provinces and small vessels have been barred from sailing in areas where lower storm alerts are in force, the coast guard warned.

Some local airline flights to the affected region were also cancelled, local media reports said.

Over a thousand people have been left stranded due to cancellation of several ferry trips, the coast guard said.

In the Bicol region, where strong rains and winds were causing minor floods, schools have been readied to serve as evacuation centers while heavy equipment is in place to clear up roads in the event of landslides, officials said.

Residents of low-lying areas were warned to be on alert for flash floods while those living on mountainsides were told to be on the lookout for landslides, the weather station said.

http://www.mb.com.ph/MAIN2006113081167.html

IvyQ
Pirate

Post by IvyQ » 11-30-2006 11:00 AM

thanks for sharing those pics Ziroc. a reminder how furious 'Mother Nature' can be.....

also thanks to everyone that provided new information and links, especially the 'live' video link Alien provided.

Fish, would like to know how you faired and are fairing through this too...

many prayers and blessings to all the people that are in Durians path.....

Art Bell
The East

Update from Art

Post by Art Bell » 11-30-2006 12:43 PM

The typhoon has moved a touch South, the eye will not pass over us. Wind and rain have started at this hour.

We may be ok, the next 12 hours will tell
the story. Never a dull moment.

Art

IvyQ
Pirate

Post by IvyQ » 11-30-2006 01:03 PM

Linnea wrote: Maybe we should do a mind blend and bend. Gently, gently envisioning a subtle protective effect around Manila.

God Speed, Art. For you and your loved ones.

It's working!

Thanks for the update Art! Keep us posted....

racehorse
Pirate

Post by racehorse » 11-30-2006 01:03 PM

Thanks for the update, Art. Hopefully, everything will be OK. I wish you the very best, as always.
racehorse

Pegasuss
Pirate

Re: Update from Art

Post by Pegasuss » 11-30-2006 01:08 PM

Art Bell wrote: The typhoon has moved a touch South, the eye will not pass over us. Wind and rain have started at this hour.

We may be ok, the next 12 hours will tell
the story. Never a dull moment.

Art

Get your Ass back to Nevada when this is over. You already know that your new home is not the Shangri-La which you once thought it was.
The Truth Is Out There

Return to “Art Bell Archive”