Internet, computing and anything electronic and tech related discussed here

Moderator: Super Moderators

Doka
Pirate

Google's Chrome Web Browser "Has Become Spy Software"

Post by Doka » 06-24-2019 12:36 PM

I doubt very much that the "intrusiveness" will ever even be slowed. :|

Google's Chrome Web Browser "Has Become Spy Software"

Google's Chrome is essentially spy software according to Washington Post tech columnist Geoffrey Fowler, who spent a week analyzing the popular browser and concluded that it "looks a lot like surveillance software."

Fowler has since switched to Mozilla's Firefox because of its default privacy settings, and says that it was easier than one might imagine.

"My tests of Chrome vs. Firefox unearthed a personal data caper of absurd proportions. In a week of Web surfing on my desktop, I discovered 11,189 requests for tracker “cookies” that Chrome would have ushered right onto my computer but were automatically blocked by Firefox. These little files are the hooks that data firms, including Google itself, use to follow what websites you visit so they can build profiles of your interests, income and personality.

Chrome welcomed trackers even at websites you would think would be private. I watched Aetna and the Federal Student Aid website set cookies for Facebook and Google. They surreptitiously told the data giants every time I pulled up the insurance and loan service’s log-in pages.

And that’s not the half of it.

Look in the upper right corner of your Chrome browser. See a picture or a name in the circle? If so, you’re logged in to the browser, and Google might be tapping into your Web activity to target ads. Don’t recall signing in? I didn’t, either. Chrome recently started doing that automatically when you use Gmail. "-Washington Post

The Rest of Article/Comments

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-06- ... tware-wapo
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

kbot
Pirate

Re: Google's Chrome Web Browser "Has Become Spy Software"

Post by kbot » 06-24-2019 06:29 PM

The author only just figured this out???????
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Post by Dude111 » 04-02-2021 03:58 PM

Its amazing how many people STILL USE CHROME and dont care they are spying on ya!!

Return to “FF IT Tech”