This Is Manifestly Not Saigon' - and Our Society of Lies

Grassroots democracy. We need to secure our country from the global elites. Act now! Get informed.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Doka
Pirate

This Is Manifestly Not Saigon' - and Our Society of Lies

Post by Doka » 08-20-2021 03:09 PM

Some of these followers won't notice the lies, until their savings have been removed from their accounts , the keys no longer fit their house or Apt or they need to get a number for the bread-line.

'This Is Manifestly Not Saigon' - and Our Society of Lies

The Left has made truth a non-issue in America.
Fri Aug 20, 2021 Dennis Prager

I wrote about the moral, diplomatic, international and American tragedy of abandoning Afghanistan a few months ago, so here I will address only the comment by Secretary of State Antony Blinken on ABC's This Week -- and what it says about our country.

Commenting on the American helicopters picking up Americans from the roof of the U.S. embassy in Kabul, Blinken said, "This is manifestly not Saigon."

That statement sums up the state of the United States of America. We have become a Society of Lies. As I have known since I studied the Soviet Union and communism at the Russian Institute of Columbia University, truth has never been a left-wing value. There are honest and dishonest liberals; there are honest and dishonest conservatives. But truth is both a liberal value and a conservative value. It is not a left-wing value. People on the left are committed to saying whatever furthers their agenda, true or false.

I have debated the question of whether leftists believe the lies they utter for much of my lifetime. And I have concluded that they generally do -- in part because they just don't ask themselves the question: "Is what I am saying true or false?"

The fact is that Kabul 2021 is Saigon 1975 -- and everyone with eyes to see knows this. Yet, the secretary of state of the United States, representing a left-wing administration and party that is therefore committed to saying whatever is deemed beneficial to its interests regardless of whether it's true, shamelessly announces that Kabul "is manifestly not Saigon."

Does Blinken believe what he said? Perhaps. Did he ask himself if that was a true statement before he made it? Not likely.

Now you can see how this statement about Kabul is related to "men give birth."

Do people who say that believe it? Probably. Yet no rational truth-seeking individual can come up with a more obvious falsehood.

Do people who deny that the 70% out-of-wedlock birthrate among black people is a major contributor to the disproportionate rate of black male criminality know they are lying? Probably not. Their "anti-racism" agenda has compelled them to believe it.

Did all the leftist mayors and commentators who demanded that police departments be defunded believe that doing so will decrease violent crime? The idea is so manifestly absurd that it is hard to believe they believed it. But then, again, most of those mayors and commentators probably believe men give birth.

As the Wall Street Journal reported on May 12, 2020, about Rep. Adam Schiff, a man who lies often and with breathtaking ease, "Newly released documents show he [Schiff] knew all along that there was no proof of Russia-Trump collusion."

In that regard, did The New York Times and all the other mainstream media believe their two-year lie that the Trump campaign colluded with Russia? Again, it is doubtful they asked themselves if what they wrote and broadcasted was true. The only question the left asks is whether what they say is effective in furthering their goals.

FULL ARTICLE/Comments

https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/2021/0 ... is-prager/
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Return to “American Survival”