somethings wrong with Ian

Saturday Host on Coast to Coast AM!

Moderator: Super Moderators

Live365
Ship's Bos'n

Post by Live365 » 07-12-2010 12:03 PM

I can't download Bill's clip, so I don't really understand what happened. But is it possible Ian needs a mind blast?
Did you ever stop to think, and then forget to start again?

Swerdloc
Pirate

Post by Swerdloc » 07-12-2010 12:45 PM

It's about 4.3 MB, Live, so if your email can handle that I can send it to you. Essentially, Ian didn't know what happened--he wasn't drinking, not on drugs, but has been suffering from tinnitus for the last nine months. When he was talking with George, he thought he was making sense, and was surprised when George cut him off abruptly. The C2C folks immediately called him back to find out what was going on, and Ian was fine then--he didn't understand what had transpired, but he was speculating that it might be something like lucid dreaming, given the character of what he said to George (very surreal, the sort of thing that only makes sense in a dream).

swerdloc at swerdloc dot net
Last edited by Swerdloc on 07-12-2010 12:51 PM, edited 1 time in total.
Anchors Aweigh

HurricaneJoanie
Pirate Queen

Post by HurricaneJoanie » 07-12-2010 01:06 PM

Geez . . . channeling. Could be.

At first I agreed with kbot about meds, but after hearing your cut, Bill, I'll choose to trust Ian.

But Lord have mercy.... !!
It's either real or it's a dream, There's nothing that is in between. ~ Jeff Lynne

Bobbi Snow
Pirate

Post by Bobbi Snow » 07-12-2010 03:05 PM

Maybe he was getting a different kind of mind blast... HAARP?
ImageIf you're still breathing, it's not too late!

goodfello
Pirate

Post by goodfello » 07-12-2010 09:59 PM

It almost sounded as if he was possessed..... Sounds far fetched, but possible. That is the strangest sounding thing I have ever heard from a man who was not "impaired" in any way.
Be well!

Bobbi Snow
Pirate

Post by Bobbi Snow » 07-13-2010 02:38 AM

Well, altho I get tired of Ian's constant rhetoric when he's interviewing his guests (he just talks too much!), I hope he gets an MRI or other medical tests to see if there's something physically wrong. I don't dislike him; I just get tired of hearing him "proselytize his personal affirmations" when a guest is trying to explain something.
ImageIf you're still breathing, it's not too late!

Escargot
Pirate

Post by Escargot » 07-13-2010 11:17 AM

Has anyone tried to do a transciption of this tape? Or would someone with a better sound system than I have do one?
Would it be rude to post it here?

goodfello
Pirate

Post by goodfello » 07-13-2010 11:27 AM

Escargot wrote: Has anyone tried to do a transciption of this tape? Or would someone with a better sound system than I have do one?
Would it be rude to post it here?

Here is the link .........i hope

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGhkUdNf ... r_embedded
Be well!

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 07-13-2010 02:29 PM

It sorta went like this:

GN: Hey, Ian. Double duty this weekend, eh?

IP: Exactly..uh thank you. Were you watching any..any of the soccer action?

GN: Yah. I did. In glimpses. But I am more fascinated with Paul the Octopus.

IP: Yah...yah...

GN: He's picked Spain over the Netherlands and he's not wrong. So, you know. Off we go...

IP: Well..I just...it was really one of the main surprises. We walk into the house...It was like one great big room - and you could break it up like that - and each one could have it's own separate heat. And I think...wow...it's really like this is gonna be a driveway..that bends...he threatened the Hoover...you know, gee...and there's absolutely the dishes. And a large (people)-who keep doing... just keeping the shore(sure) lock...and just any reason at all to get it off...

GN: Exactly...

goodfello
Pirate

Post by goodfello » 07-13-2010 03:18 PM

Thats pretty good Linnea!
Be well!

Escargot
Pirate

Post by Escargot » 07-13-2010 04:16 PM

I found a couple of sites with comments and interpretations. It seems everyone is having difficulty deciphering it and everyone hears it a little bit differently. The one thing I keep hearing in the middle of it concerning threatening the Hoover is the name Ben, does he have a son named Ben?
....and that's Ben's did he threaten the Hoover you see and he's not put away the dishes......

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 07-13-2010 04:16 PM

I am a little familiar with people who lapse into sleep-deprivation type speech - almost as if they seem to be awake, but are in a dream-like state for a few moments - who do sound much like what Ian was doing. Ian did, however, have some slurring of speech - which is not typical of this sleep-deprivation brief alterations of consciousness - in my experience in observing it. That I find worrisome. I am sure he intends to get checked out.

Maybe it's time for him to stop this pace of brutal work scheduling - and get into a more regular work schedule.

I am very fond of Ian, and wish him all the best.

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 07-13-2010 04:29 PM

Escargot wrote: I found a couple of sites with comments and interpretations. It seems everyone is having difficulty deciphering it and everyone hears it a little bit differently. The one thing I keep hearing in the middle of it concerning threatening the Hoover is the name Ben, does he have a son named Ben?
....and that's Ben's did he threaten the Hoover you see and he's not put away the dishes......

You're right, Escargot. He does say 'that's ben's' and 'he's not put away the dishes'. Also - I now hear '(many people' - just keeping the shirt off...and just any reason at all to get it off...'

Psychicwolf
Pirate

Post by Psychicwolf » 07-13-2010 05:39 PM

Maybe he thought he had the phone on mute and was interacting with different people where ever he was. Listening to the single side of someone's conversation when in a large group can be crazy.:p
Dance to heal the earth. Not just when you're dancing, but always. Live the dance, whenever you move, in all you do, dance to heal the earth.

Escargot
Pirate

Post by Escargot » 07-13-2010 06:49 PM

This is what I've deciphered. After his interaction with George, Ian says - the main surprise when you walk in the house it looked like one great big room and then you could break it up like that and each one could have it's own separate heat, and then I think, 'Wow' is that's, that's gonna have a driveway and that's Ben's he threatened the Hoover you see and he's not put away the dishes and I advised him to keepin' his shirt off, any reason at all to get it off.

Do people who have sleep deprivation slur their speech if their brain shuts down momentarily?

Return to “Ian Punnett/Saturday Host”