Ian Punnett - BORING

Saturday Host on Coast to Coast AM!

Moderator: Super Moderators

Nemo
Pirate

Ian Punnett - BORING

Post by Nemo » 07-02-2005 09:49 PM

Wow, I listened to Ian on Friday, and God was that boring! I thought no one else in the universe could love the sound of his own voice as much as Snorry, but Punnett takes the cake! That seminary school gave him a very bad case of thinking he is interesting and special. His pontificating is only a form of preaching.

calamity jane
Pirate

Post by calamity jane » 07-02-2005 10:26 PM

One has to use a bit more subtlety and nuance when listening to Ian Punnett. Many may have fallen into disuse of this kind of listening with GN.

Other than that, I too thought Ian a bit too cautious last night. He did, however, turn a few corners in allowing dissent - and I think it will only get better. He just arrived back - and the c2c callers, coming at'cha from just about everywhere along the spectrum - take some getting used to, again.

As for Ian's study at the seminary - this has always been a part of who he is. I do not find his theological studies to have changed him into a person he is not.

Stay with it. Ian will soon hit his stride again - and probably surpass it - with a regular slot of his own at c2c.

sayntbrigid
Pirate

Post by sayntbrigid » 07-02-2005 10:40 PM

Yup, he sure has changed
I was really excited and looking forward to this show because I was looking forward to hearing Ian again
I knew he was very religous, but I have never heard him ramble on like he did last nite.
Good Grief
Even the guests sounded like they were going to be real interesting, but I agree with the callers inners, it was just a bunch of old hat astrology, mixed with a bit of Carl Jung, and sycrhronicity.

Now dont get me wrong, I didn't consider it a waste of my time, I wouldn't have missed it for the world
If ya dont listen, ya dont know, but I hope they never use this show for a replay
And I usually dont grumble about shows, I get something, even if its just a good chuckle, out of most shows....
but this one just got on my last nerve.
What a major disapointment.

starrmtn001
Jester Mod

Post by starrmtn001 » 07-02-2005 11:11 PM

calamity jane wrote: One has to use a bit more subtlety and nuance when listening to Ian Punnett. Many may have fallen into disuse of this kind of listening with GN.

Other than that, I too thought Ian a bit too cautious last night. He did, however, turn a few corners in allowing dissent - and I think it will only get better. He just arrived back - and the c2c callers, coming at'cha from just about everywhere along the spectrum - take some getting used to, again.

As for Ian's study at the seminary - this has always been a part of who he is. I do not find his theological studies to have changed him into a person he is not.

Stay with it. Ian will soon hit his stride again - and probably surpass it - with a regular slot of his own at c2c.

Gee I hope you're right. We could have done without all that bellyaching about his spouse though.

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 07-03-2005 02:42 AM

I don't find Ian Punnett to be 'religious' at all. Spiritual, yes.

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 07-03-2005 02:47 AM

Found the Merlin Project very interesting as well. The astrological connection, I believe is valid. Also, the strange attractor in chaos theory. Throw in a bit of probability theory...some software applications - and there you are.
;)

It would be worth more of a looking into.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 07-03-2005 09:50 AM

Linnea wrote: I don't find Ian Punnett to be 'religious' at all. Spiritual, yes.

I agree with you Linnea and I also liked the show, Ian sounded great and I don't see any change, if anything he is better and I for one am glad he is back. I like his intelligence and the fact that is well prepared.

vigo
Chief Swabbie

Post by vigo » 07-03-2005 12:05 PM

joequinn wrote: Ian Punnett's fatal flaw is not being boring --- it is being Christian.

Christianity ought to be --- and, in its heart of hearts, ever must be --- an eternal clear and present danger to the national security of the United States. But, with some astonishing exceptions, Christianity in Amerika today is merely part of the ideological background of Dubya's fascist destruction of the planet. By and large, Amerikan Christianity is evil, pure and simple. Ecrasez l'infame! Ecrasez l'infame! Ecrasez l'infame!

Noory is a Catholic, Punnett is a minister-wannabee, all sorts of reactionary Christian fanatics are welcomed on Coast-to-Coast. Enough, I say! Ecrasez l'infame! Ecrasez l'infame! Ecrasez l'infame!

Which United States? The US of A that is commanded by the skull and masonic bones or the ma and pa kettle version?

Evil is subjective isn't it Joe?;) The great satan is that which which we disagree with, eh?

Have a nice day Joe and enjoy our birthday tomorrow.:cool:
Well, better late than never, I suppose... Joe Quinn. ;)

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 07-03-2005 12:58 PM

A posteriori - we are consciousness. Anything else - is suspect. ;) To state that Noory is a catholic, or that Ian Punnett is a christian - is saying nothing at all.

To indulge, as we do, in all other embellishments and tweaks beyond the absolute of consciousness - covers just about everything else - including faith.

Actually, faith is a bridge between the consciousness we are stuck with - and what meaning this may have for us in relation to anything else.

To even get to faith, we have made a decision that anything else exists. This is a first degree of separation. It is the 'original sin' . From this all evil flows, including religion.

So, buck up! Get back to where you once belonged, and explore the different levels of consciousness. It's why we are 'here' - I think :)

The ability to do this - I will call 'Grace'

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 07-03-2005 01:37 PM

Linnea, I am sure that you know just how long I have travelled and how hard the journey has been to get me to the point where I am willing to say, flat out, that, with certain astonishing exceptions, institutional Christianity in Dubya's Amerika is utterly wicked. An abomination, I believe, is the proper world to use to describe it...

I hope that I will not sound immodest if I say that there are few posters on The Fantastic Forum who know as much about institutional Christianity as I do. I was raised in a working-class Irish family during the reign of Pope Pius XII. I became an altar boy at the age of 10, and I was educated exclusively in Catholic institutions until I was 21 years old. Both the Christian Brothers (on the high school level) and the Jesuits (on the college level) wanted me badly. I have a very profound knowledge of medieval and Reformation spirituality, and I understand very, very well how brutally the modern world trashed religiosity in the 17th and 18th centuries in order to ensure its survival. Some of my deepest heros are Roman Catholics: the Jesuit evolutionary theologian Pierre Teilhard de Chardin, the Depression-era social activist Dorothy Day, and (despite her occasional pro-natal, anti-sex statements) Mother Teresa. Years ago I abandoned all hope of extricating myself from my Catholic roots: I cannot, absolutely cannot, do it --- and I will be an apostate Catholic until I die. There are many times when I wish that it were not so, but it is so, and it will remain so...

Linnea, it is not accidental, not accidental at all, that I say that, with some outstanding exceptions, institutional Christianity is evil in Dubya's America. Where --- in the name of Jesus Christ, who lives in 2005 --- was the Pope when that monster of depravity in the Oval Office moved into Iraq in March of 2003? Yes, the Pope condemned the war, but he should have done a hell of a lot more. He should have said that no true follower of Jesus --- who said that "he who lives by the sword will die by the sword" --- can possibly counterance this war and that any Christian who supports it is a sinner. And then look at the Catholic clergy in the United States. Yes, yes, I know that there were some priests and nuns who stood up for their beliefs --- and who saved their religion from total shame by doing so. But in general? The American Catholic Church blessed the war! I have read several articles that demonstrate just how cozy the American Catholic Church has become with Dubya and his elitist fascist regime. And worst of all, to me personally, is the way in which the Roman Catholic Church --- on whose masters, Augustine and Aquinas and Teilhard de Chardin, I cut the edges of my mind in my youth --- the way in which the elegant, majestic Roman Catholic Church is rubbing shoulders with the snake-handler freaks, the speaking-in-tongue fanatics, and the homosexual-killers.

Linnea, I say that, with some astonishing exceptions, institutional Christianity in Dubya's Amerika is a hideous evil, and ecrasez l'infame! And I don't want any mainstream Roman Catholics or Protestant minister wannabees polluting Coast-to-Coast.

Wow, that door sure hurt when it hit my arse on my way out...
Last edited by joequinn on 07-03-2005 01:39 PM, edited 1 time in total.
"Fuggedah about it, Jake --- it's Chinatown!"

Laird
Pirate

Post by Laird » 07-03-2005 01:38 PM

You can alway depend upon some narrow minded fool to judge
another online.

Here's my 2 cents, Ian is genuine in his personal and spiritual
beliefs. I've never heard him deviate on C2C just for ratings.
This is part of the secret of success being humble and honest.

This country we called the United States has a long history ...
fighting for Christian freedom when breaking away from the Church of English.

When I took my college music history classes in my junior year
I learned how much back door politics ruled that
old church of England ... losing focus on spiritual matters for
government control. Thank goodness those monks saved the gregorian chant... Lord only knows where the music history would gone have without it. (No Gossip blues or ethnic celebration)

I tip my hat to Ian for doing what he believes and loves.
We need more brave souls like him.
Last edited by Laird on 07-03-2005 01:43 PM, edited 1 time in total.
"Speak softly and carry a big stick" Teddy Roosevelt

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 07-03-2005 02:23 PM

Joe? I don't understand...

I will say this, though. How each of us comes to terms with our own consciousness - our 'stange attractor' in chaos theory, maybe - forms and informs our reality.

As we empower our thought processes, we create our own realities, including any energy we identify as evil or good.

As we focus our energies on the great evils you describe in such exquisite detail - we give them form and existence - in our reality. Just that.

There is no absolute beyond consciousness. Unless, unless - we choose to allow the concept of 'Grace' as an aspect of - a component of - consciousness.

Grace, to me - means we allow a humility, a yearning for completeness - that we are 'not alone'. That we are 'known' by and included in, a higher and absolute consciousness which both includes and is more than - our individual consciousness.

What we do with that, is under our control.

Discrimination - Grace

sayntbrigid
Pirate

Post by sayntbrigid » 07-03-2005 02:50 PM

I understand where Joe is coming from perfectly, I have long suspected a religous cover or front for the activities of the PTB, Global Elitists, whatever you want to call them. I often wonder what lurks in the basement of the vatican, and marvel at the vast richness and extravagance of the Vatican, and church architecture around the world, and the wealth of the Christian Coalition, to name only a couple.

But that is a subject that is separate from Ians hosting of the show.....I looked very much forward to hearing him again, having been an admirer in the past, and remain greatly disapointed.
Last edited by sayntbrigid on 07-03-2005 02:53 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 07-03-2005 03:40 PM

sayntbrigid - I understand the coherency and adhesiveness of this thing that Joe focuses on, as he states it. What I didn't understand was the comment about the 'door and the arse' ;)

Unless, Joe meant he was packing it in...etc...

Also finding it interesting to see the thought patterns - of the some of you, who have expressed such negativity regarding Ian Punnett on his first night 'out of the gate'. ;)

He just got here - fer crissakes!
:D

Yay! Welcome, Ian.
Boom Ba!

sayntbrigid
Pirate

Post by sayntbrigid » 07-03-2005 04:45 PM

He just got here you say?

Ok, well, time will tell.......eh?

Return to “Ian Punnett/Saturday Host”