Ian Punnett - BORING

Saturday Host on Coast to Coast AM!

Moderator: Super Moderators

Panache
Pirate

Post by Panache » 07-19-2005 11:47 PM

People are not always conscious of what they like or dislike with bodiless voices, over the phone or on the air. I'm conscious of why I like Ian, and don't like listening to him -- his perpetual self-interruption within each phrase. Listen closely, feel what you listen to, hear the pulses, and you'll find a multitude of semi-syllables where syllables don't exist. An eight syllable sentence seems to take on anywhere from 15 to 28 syllables. Consciously or nonconsciously this can, and does annoy listeners. As likeable as he may be behind the scenes and the breadth of his mind and heart are heavily eroded by this listening difficulty.
The most valuable thing anyone daring to lead is to cultivate and convey to others is a moral conscience. Only such persons deserve to lead others, in any capacity.

Cpt Spike Mike
Joint Chief

Post by Cpt Spike Mike » 07-20-2005 12:47 PM

You used that many words to describe Ian using too many syllables? Man, talk about long-winded.

EsotericFury
Pirate

Post by EsotericFury » 07-30-2005 03:36 AM

Wow, was he really that bad? Hmm, maybe he will get better as the weeks go by

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 07-30-2005 10:34 AM

Ian Punnitt was as carefully selected as George Noory was, precisely in order to establish a certain tone at COAST-TO-COAST, a tone which seeks to trivialize the paranormal and the ufological even in the act of admitting their existence. A lot of comment has been made about how Noory is so much more willing than Art Bell was to admit the existence of a vast, government-led conspiracy against the common man. That is certainly true, but what of it? No sooner does Noory admit the worst, then he shrugs his shoulders and says: what'ca gonna do about it, huh? Therein lies his trivialization of the paranormal and the ufological, not to mention the conventionally conspiratorial. Art Bell may have been afraid to admit what Noory admits, but then he was afraid because he knew that to admit it is to commit oneself, openly and irrevocably, to combatting it. Noory makes no such commitment, so he has no such restraint about admitting the increasingly obvious to everybody....

Actually, Punnitt may be even more repressive a force than Noory is. Noory is a Catholic, but even as such, only a layman. Punnitt, on the other hand, is a minister-in-training. Thus Noory can tolerate things that Punnitt, I fear, cannot tolerate. As I demonstrated quite clearly, in my tongue-in-cheek, blow-by-blow account of last Saturday's show, there are certain things that Punnitt cannot accept, precisely because they challenge the fundamental tenets of his Christian belief. And this psycho-spiritual barrier in Punnitt's mind is going to affect the show, possibly even more than Noory's blind spots will...

I repeat, neither one of these individuals was chosen to moderate COAST-TO-COAST by chance. Nor is it accidental that Art Bell --- deeply secular, deeply libertarian Art Bell --- is being slowly phased out of his own show. It's all just part of the overall climate of thought and opinion that is essential to establish and to maintain the fascist social order that we presently have in Amerika, in direct and total contrast to over two centuries of previous American political experience.

The majority of the posters in THE FANTASTIC FORUM either do not understand what I am saying or violently oppose it. But their reaction in either case does not change the fundamental realities of COAST-TO-COAST at the present time or its future prospects...

(By the way, did any of you notice how wooden Noory was with Chalker the other night? Chalker is the real deal in Ufology, Australia-style, and Noory just could not deal with his Linda Moulton Howe - style directness and focus on the material above and beyond the ersatz camradery and ad libbing one-liners. Noory could not really understand what Chalker is talking about; he really did not care whether he understood or not; and worst of all, he did not think that it would be important even if he did understand. But why do I feel that I am spitting against the wind when I say things like this?)
Last edited by joequinn on 07-30-2005 10:36 AM, edited 1 time in total.
"Fuggedah about it, Jake --- it's Chinatown!"

Malaria_Kidd
Pirate

A Fantastic Forum host post,.......my first

Post by Malaria_Kidd » 07-30-2005 01:39 PM

I like Ian, I like George, I like Art, I like Hilly, I like Barbara, and I still like Ike.

I don't want to make things too detailed on this 'Ian is boring' thread of the unusual ideas worth noting on the Fantastic Critique of Coast hosts.

If we didn't have a host to toast many here would have to think up another story.

I don't think Ian is boring after talking to him once or hearing him many times since. I may call him again soon if boring is the by word. Live'in it up a little. Above normal stuff. God winks!

MK ;) Cody
Last edited by Malaria_Kidd on 07-30-2005 01:56 PM, edited 1 time in total.
" So if your tired of the same old story,.....Oh, turn some pages!" REO Speed Wagon of Champaign - Urbana, Illinois / Robert Lowery, my cousin, was Hollywood's 2nd Batman.

EsotericFury
Pirate

Post by EsotericFury » 07-31-2005 12:55 AM

Originally posted by joequinn
Actually, Punnitt may be even more repressive a force than Noory is. Noory is a Catholic, but even as such, only a layman. Punnitt, on the other hand, is a minister-in-training. Thus Noory can tolerate things that Punnitt, I fear, cannot tolerate. As I demonstrated quite clearly, in my tongue-in-cheek, blow-by-blow account of last Saturday's show, there are certain things that Punnitt cannot accept, precisely because they challenge the fundamental tenets of his Christian belief. And this psycho-spiritual barrier in Punnitt's mind is going to affect the show, possibly even more than Noory's blind spots will...

This could be a blessing in disguise, no pun intended. I don't know about the rest of you, but I find it boring when a talk show host just goes along and agrees with every thing a guest says. I like to hear both sides of the coin, it just makes everything more interesting and keeps me from falling asleep. Plus, if he's a skeptic or non-believer of somethings, it could help expose any fake lying guests who might be on the show just to promote their new book.

cherry
Pirate

Post by cherry » 07-31-2005 08:14 AM

May the Lord be gracious to you. ;)

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 07-31-2005 10:06 AM

"Nor is it accidental that Art Bell --- deeply secular, deeply libertarian Art Bell --- is being slowly phased out of his own show"

Ah Joe, it is Art who is phasing himself of of his own show, not Coast, now the reasons for that is another thing.
I thought Ian said he is already a Minister, just not a practicing one, I haven't seen him use his ministry for anything except being knowledgeable about certain areas the public may not. I like Ian as he brings another dimension to his interviews because of his back ground like any other host worth his salt.

Ian has been a fill in host for a long time before Noory came on the scene and the reason or reasons he may have been chosen are beyond me, that was a different time in the so called evolution of Coast (de-evolution in my opinion}

Return to “Ian Punnett/Saturday Host”