Something this way comes...

The view is great, the air is fresh

Moderator: Super Moderators

Linnea

Something this way comes...

Post by Linnea » 05-06-2006 05:37 PM

Would appreciate continuing this discussion here, dansgold.

Something is coming at us. Felt a shift and a change in November 2000. Something growing stronger that is at present a threat....because IT seems to be bringing rapid change and destabilization to the planet.

nitenative
Pirate

Post by nitenative » 05-06-2006 06:11 PM

Thank you, Linnea, for this interesting thread...If I may contribute a thought here: Yes, it feels as if the planet is destabilizing. I also believe this planet has destabilized many times before in its history -- both in its known and unknown history. Before great change in life, things can feel pretty frightening. Before the birth of a baby, it probably feels this way to the mother. Screams, spasms, blood...a fairly violent scene in some ways to the eye and ear....

I am a short range pessimist and a long range optimist when it comes to this planet, when it comes to our current society, world affairs and the evolution of our souls. Earth is undergoing great birth pangs toward a new stage of development -- one that will yield a new and higher vibration upon this realm. We are going where we need to go. However, during the short term, lives may be lost, there will be alot of fear, and world governments will react in panic.

I am trying to keep my eyes on the horizon - The Bigger Picture. Thank you for letting me share my opinion.

:)

Live365
Ship's Bos'n

Post by Live365 » 05-06-2006 07:02 PM

nitenative wrote: Thank you, Linnea, for this interesting thread...

I also believe this planet has destabilized many times before in its history -- both in its known and unknown history. Before great change in life, things can feel pretty frightening.

I disagree with NiteNative (except for below.) There are things going on with our Planet that no one has ever witnessed before.

We are in for it, me-thinks.

But I agree that fear needs to happen, before change is real.

:) We'll be okay. :)
Did you ever stop to think, and then forget to start again?

Lockhart77
Pirate

Post by Lockhart77 » 05-06-2006 08:49 PM

call me nutty, but I really think there are signs of the Lord's return very soon...I know that most of you do not buy into that, but ..well, I do, :)
"there are moments when, even to the sober eye of reason, the world of our sad humanity may assume the semblance of a Hell"
Edgar Allen Poe

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 05-06-2006 09:42 PM

I enjoy your posts, Lockhart. You bring a freshness, sincerity and tolerance with your faith. That is a wonderful thing.

If you are referring to the tribulation and rapture of end times, I believe this is valid for those of Christian faith. In either an allegorical or a literal sense.

There are other dimensions of experience which are co-existent on planet earth.

I agree with nitenative - in the rational scientific evidence view - that earth is billions of years old - and has undergone many changes throughout the millennia.

Humankind may be relatively new to earth, and may or not have evolved here. Some of us may have longer histories here than others.

These realities would not be mutually exclusive. There may be different faiths and belief systems for reasons yet unknown to us.

I sense two very powerful forces. Love and fear.

dansgold
Pirate

Post by dansgold » 05-06-2006 10:06 PM

Lockhart77 wrote: call me nutty, but I really think there are signs of the Lord's return very soon...I know that most of you do not buy into that, but ..well, I do, :)
I am certain that Christ will one day return as well, but I'm not sure that "this is it!".

One thing that has been troubling be lately is the degree to which this planet seems designed for us. ANd I don't mean in the typical "God made it for us" kind of way. It's more like God made it, and then someone else set up a "farm" to raise us.

And it doesn't seem like they've "let us free in the wild" so to speak. More like we are being fattened for the kill.
-- dansgold
The avalanche has started, it is too late for the pebbles to vote.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 05-06-2006 10:22 PM

I was under the impression that who ever made us, God, a creative force or whatever you want to call it gave us free will, guess that would be free to do what we want good or evil. I believe that "love" is all and the only thing that will save us; but as long as we live in fear it isn't going to happen, as Linnea stated above there is only "love and fear". Whoever is running things are doing everything in their power to keep us in fear.

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 05-06-2006 10:52 PM

Is there a 'lust for power' that is natural to us? Seems that is a driving force behind most of what is being 'designed'. This lust for power seems even beyond 'human nature' - at least in its current 'death wish' kinds of patterning. It seems to go beyond what we usually identify with evil - or even greed.

It is palpable. It seems to be growing stronger each day.

So, dansgold - are you suggesting there is a force which is alien to earth which is showing its face?

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 05-06-2006 10:58 PM

Interesting. Everyone who has posted here seems to agree that something is coming. The only disagreements here are about the significance of this feeling, and exactly what it IS that's on the way.

I had a similar feeling back in the mid-70s... "something's coming." And I ran for the hills (literally) and remained there for 10 years before I poked my head out again. I did not feel it in the mid-80s, but then, in the mid-80s, I had a 5-year-old to take care of, and, out of necessity, wasn't really paying attention to much else. I felt it again in the mid-90s, as did many I spoke with in metaphysical sorts of circles. That time, I ran and ended up here because there was something I knew I had to do here (I am doing it). And I feel it again now in the mid-00s (? what do we call this decade?).

I feel a similar urge to "run for the hills" (again, in a very literal sense), but that is going to be MUCH more difficult at this point in both my life, and in time. I did not, and do not now wish, to "run to the hills" out of fear, but because I feel that it is in the wild places, away from the constant drone and hustle of urban centers, that we can hear more clearly. Maybe this isn't true for some here, but it IS for me. And that's where I want to be. Where I can hear clearly.

So, WHAT is this? WHAT is coming, and WHY do we feel this way? I honestly don't know. But I'm more inclined to agree with Linn, and Shirley, and nitenative in parts of their messages.

As I've said before, I, too, felt the shift that Linnea speaks of. It hit me powerfully. On another thread someone spoke of John Hogue talking on C2C (last week?) about humanity "reaching a critical mass." I would appreciate it if someone here who heard this could fill me in on what was said, as I did not listen that night, but am interested in this idea of critical mass, and believe that this concept may play a part here.

Birthing pangs, yes. (Although birthing was not, for me, fear-filled. It was anticipated with joy, not feared. I did not, and do not, see birth pangs as frightening. Painful, yes. But not all pain is "bad." Some pain is simply necessary in order to see the contrasts.) Something is birthing, and that something does not necessarily feel like a "bad" something to me. Just a NEW something. Different.

And yes, it is "love that will save us." And yes, we are being divided and herded into fear-filled corners carefully staked off and divisively marked. So that we remain fearful of the unknown, fearful of that something that's coming, fearful of birthing pangs, sometimes fearful of love itself because, we are told: "love hurts." And that is true. In the same sense that birthing hurts. It is a pain worth knowing because in knowing it, we are most fully alive, most fully human.

Enough said from me for now... it's someone else's turn now. :)
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 05-06-2006 11:02 PM

Linnea wrote: It seems to go beyond what we usually identify with evil - or even greed.

It is palpable. It seems to be growing stronger each day.

I hear you here, too, Linn. And agree.
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 05-06-2006 11:16 PM

Know what you are saying Joolz's, there is something in the pit of my stomach that just won't go away. I also would love to head for the hills where I can hear clearly. I have been able to do that in the past and allow all the everyday clatter to go away, not possible at this time.

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 05-06-2006 11:26 PM

"I did not, and do not now wish, to "run to the hills" out of fear, but because I feel that it is in the wild places, away from the constant drone and hustle of urban centers, that we can hear more clearly. Maybe this isn't true for some here, but it IS for me. And that's where I want to be. Where I can hear clearly." ~ Joolz

This I understand....

If not a total move, I believe we would do well in going up into those hills as often as possible - to listen and experience.

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 05-06-2006 11:40 PM

Joolz wrote: And that is true. In the same sense that birthing hurts. It is a pain worth knowing because in knowing it, we are most fully alive, most fully human.

Clarification: I do not mean to say here that we are only fully alive and fully human if we have given birth to children. I consider there to be MANY ways in which birthing can manifest in our lives, outside the physical act of birthing a child. Birthing, in ANY aspect, comes from the creative force.
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 05-06-2006 11:41 PM

Linnea wrote: If not a total move, I believe we would do well in going up into those hills as often as possible - to listen and experience.

I agree with this, too. This may prove difficult for me as well, but it is something I NEED, and something I MUST incorporate into my life. Soon.
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Pennylane005
Pirate

Post by Pennylane005 » 05-07-2006 12:01 AM

Linnea wrote: Is there a 'lust for power' that is natural to us?

I think what is natural is the desire to be loved. People do crazy things in order to make up for the love that they never got as children. It is a yearning that gets distorted and misdirected and manifests in all sorts of bizarre adult behaviors, such as a lust for power.

Return to “The Crow's Nest”