Nearly half the world lives on less than $5.50 a day: World Bank

Discussion of the economy

Moderator: Super Moderators

kbot
Pirate

Re: Nearly half the world lives on less than $5.50 a day: World Bank

Post by kbot » 10-23-2018 11:10 AM

Doka wrote: 10-22-2018 09:10 PM
Whoa Doka - I didn't vote for Obama....... And, under Trump, the per diem model has only expanded.......

TRUMP tried!, I watched him do his darnest to get out from under that "5,000 Page piece of crap" but with one lousey vote by repub-o-crat McCain, blew him out of the water.

I Have no Idea what you watch, but you are NOT watching Trump. The Democrats never stop trying to get rid of him...........he has been in office not even 2 years and has done more for the country and the people, than seen in a long time. You do know that there are Democrats still hold up with-in government sectors, STILL RUNNING ON OBAMIE POLICY. !! Like Health care, I agree it needs attention. But, the Democrats will do ANYTHING to stop him, it is one drama circus after another , including calling for Violence. It is distracting !
I hear what you're saying Doka, but the GOP has had total control of the WH, House and Senate (and now the Supreme Court), so whatever issues there may be, rest entirely wit the GOPs inability to get the job done. The Democrats had the same frustration just a few years ago when the roles were reversed and they held total power, if you recall. It's not all McCain's fault.........
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 10-23-2018 11:11 AM

Doka wrote: 10-22-2018 10:07 PM I might add that I am my own best friend which works out well since I need to live so close to me. I have friends and acquaintances. And I don't know a stranger. And I envy no one.
Loved it!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

kbot
Pirate

Re: Mountain Medicine

Post by kbot » 10-23-2018 11:14 AM

Riddick wrote: 10-22-2018 10:57 PM
Doka wrote: 10-22-2018 06:27 PM Are Doctors really ready to take chickens again for payment?

About those Doctors..........Who would want to be one?
How about folks from the hills? Like Doctor Granny - She found a cure for the common cold, y'know! -

Weeellll doggies! From rheumatis treatment to haid transplants, shore as shoot'n y'll git the best heathcar chickins kin buy! (If it weren't already fore free that is) -

Don't know 'bout that Riddick, but many patients are discovering that they do better making their own arrangements with docs and hospitals. Once you sign-on to an insurance plan, or enter into an agreement with Medicare (and by extension, ALL other insurances) a whole slew of regulations kick-in....... PLUS the insurance companies' overhead (THEIR salaries and perks, bonuses, etc......... not to mention their golden parachutes.......)

Riddick
Pirate

Burger King Health Care

Post by Riddick » 10-23-2018 03:56 PM

kbot wrote: 10-23-2018 11:14 AM many patients are discovering that they do better making their own arrangements with docs and hospitals.
I wonder, would patients still be able to do this under government single payer?

Allowing folks to opt out doesn't fit with big government's usual mandating M.O.

That is to say, there's only one way, their way. Have it your way? No f'n way!!
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 10-23-2018 06:40 PM

Good question - will uncovered people continue to go to the ER and demand treatment? Because that's the back-up plan............

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 10-23-2018 08:47 PM

kbot wrote: 10-23-2018 06:40 PM Good question - will uncovered people continue to go to the ER and demand treatment? Because that's the back-up plan............
I dunno, is "Medicare For All" meant to be just that, everyone is covered (to the extent whatever the designers decide coverage should consist of)?

Would it also mean there's no opting out, meaning no 'side deals' with doctors and hospitals, you either go through the single payer system or you can just forget about getting treatment?

Ah, but why ask questions. It's "free". Never look a gift horse in the mouth right??
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

-Donald Trump Image

Riddick
Pirate

Paying Too Much? Help Is On The Way!

Post by Riddick » 10-25-2018 03:14 PM

Hey, healthcare fans! What would you say to a system that covers everything but cosmetic surgery, with NO copays OR deductibles? Sounds great, doesn't it? No out of pocket worries. YOU PAY NOTHING!

But WAIT! There's MORE! There'll be no need for private insurance. Even if you wanted it, it won't exist!

That's Medicare For All in a nutshell. HEALTHCARE for FREE*! But only if you ACT NOW. Across the country workers at early polling places are standing by waiting for YOU: Don't delay, vote for Democrats TODAY

* $32 trillion over ten years estimated pricetag paid for by taxpayers

-Donald Trump Image

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 10-26-2018 01:55 AM

10 years........Everybodys money ought to be gone by then, and we are forced to become refugees, but where to go?
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 10-26-2018 01:45 PM

McConnell Defends Lawsuit to Undo Pre-Existing Condition Protection
(What a prick)

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell defended a lawsuit to undo the Affordable Care Act’s protection of insurance for pre-existing health conditions even though it’s become a problem for Republican candidates in the campaign for control of Congress.

“Our candidates are able to deal with it,” McConnell said regarding a barrage of Democratic ads criticizing his party’s candidates on the issue. "There’s nobody in the Senate that I’m familiar with who is not in favor of coverage of pre-existing conditions." (My comment: This goes to show what liars these assholes are. Lots of Republican candidates are running ads in their states vowing to protect the Pre-Existing Condition law even though they voted for the law suit to undo it.. Beings as the posters here are in their old age or are nearing it, I would imagine you might have a Pre Existing Condition? If the scum bags win then your premiums are about to sky rocket. But Trump is going to give you all a tax break if he wins the House. And I've got land in Florida to sell ya.)

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... rotections
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

kbot
Pirate

Re: Paying Too Much? Help Is On The Way!

Post by kbot » 10-26-2018 06:54 PM

Riddick wrote: 10-25-2018 03:14 PM Hey, healthcare fans! What would you say to a system that covers everything but cosmetic surgery, with NO copays OR deductibles? Sounds great, doesn't it? No out of pocket worries. YOU PAY NOTHING!

But WAIT! There's MORE! There'll be no need for private insurance. Even if you wanted it, it won't exist!

That's Medicare For All in a nutshell. HEALTHCARE for FREE*! But only if you ACT NOW. Across the country workers at early polling places are standing by waiting for YOU: Don't delay, vote for Democrats TODAY

* $32 trillion over ten years estimated pricetag paid for by taxpayers
As we in healthcare say "It's a clusterfuc$".

Everyone agrees healthcare costs too much. Yesterday my wife had knee surgery and before even signing the guestbook for the OR, they (the hospital where I work!!!!) wanted $250 co-pay up front. This is in addition to two other $250 co-pays (same hospital) - and this is for the most expensive pan they "offer" to employees (did I mention that I work for a for-profit?). In Massachusetts we have Question 1 on the ballot - government mandated patient nurse ratios. Only state that currently has it is California. There are some (mostly hospital administrators - and some nurses) who are against it, and some (nurses mostly) who are for it.

Either way - we pay waaaaayyy too much here......

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 10-26-2018 09:51 PM

As we in healthcare say "It's a clusterfuc$".

Everyone agrees healthcare costs too much. Yesterday my wife had knee surgery and before even signing the guestbook for the OR, they (the hospital where I work!!!!) wanted $250 co-pay up front. This is in addition to two other $250 co-pays (same hospital) - and this is for the most expensive pan they "offer" to employees (did I mention that I work for a for-profit?). In Massachusetts we have Question 1 on the ballot - government mandated patient nurse ratios. Only state that currently has it is California. There are some (mostly hospital administrators - and some nurses) who are against it, and some (nurses mostly) who are for it.

Either way - we pay waaaaayyy too much here......

Maybe I'm the one who "Just Doesn't Get It"! We still Have excellent health care in this country , no lines and you still get pretty much what you need or want. I also remember time not long ago such surgery was not even available, then on to it being pretty grisily surgery. Today, you are lucky if they let you stay in bed a few hours.

I consider the deductables you have to be very very resonable, compared to what others are struggeling with Obamie Care. And you have all the other whistles and bells , house, cars, nice clothes, furniture. I can see why investing in you own health care, would be so distateful to you, obvisiouly you and your wife are Not worth it.

The typical spoiled American, who is greatful for absolutely Nothing. Do wish I could see what you spend your $5.50 a day on?
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Riddick
Pirate

The REAL Bottom Line

Post by Riddick » 10-27-2018 12:33 AM

Doka wrote: 10-26-2018 09:51 PM I consider the deductables you have to be very very resonable, compared to what others are struggeling with Obamie Care.
Speaking of, our Obamie Care fan strindl's been silent for no small while now. Wonder how it's working out for him? Is it a struggle paying the copays & deductibles, not to mention the out of this world premiums (if he doesn't qualify for subsidies)?

If so, I wonder if he's asked himself "What happened? Wasn't the ACA gonna fix things?" You could go broke if you had no heathcare coverage - NOW, you can go broke WITH coverage! What's really at issue here? Why are we paying too much?

It's isn't just the insurance market: it's any market economic force - Competition? PHOOEY! Whaddaya want - Healthcare choices, or no medical bills period? What's more affordable than paying NOTHING at all? HELL YEAH! Gimme gimme gimme!

Enter Medicare For All: Good for you, good for me & best of all? It's FREE! A one size fits all answer that addresses the concerns of folks most in greed... er, need.

-Donald Trump Image

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 10-27-2018 03:45 PM

Doka wrote: 10-26-2018 09:51 PM
Maybe I'm the one who "Just Doesn't Get It"! We still Have excellent health care in this country , no lines and you still get pretty much what you need or want. I also remember time not long ago such surgery was not even available, then on to it being pretty grisily surgery. Today, you are lucky if they let you stay in bed a few hours.

I consider the deductables you have to be very very resonable, compared to what others are struggeling with Obamie Care. And you have all the other whistles and bells , house, cars, nice clothes, furniture. I can see why investing in you own health care, would be so distateful to you, obvisiouly you and your wife are Not worth it.

The typical spoiled American, who is greatful for absolutely Nothing. Do wish I could see what you spend your $5.50 a day on?
I don't dislike our healthcare Doka - it's how it's managed that's infuriating. The same thing (delivery of care, cost of supplies, etc) fluctuate wildly depending on where you happen to be.

As for what I do with my $5.50 a day, I spend it living in one of the most expensive parts of the country.............

kbot
Pirate

Re: The REAL Bottom Line

Post by kbot » 10-27-2018 03:55 PM

Riddick wrote: 10-27-2018 12:33 AM
Doka wrote: 10-26-2018 09:51 PM I consider the deductables you have to be very very resonable, compared to what others are struggeling with Obamie Care.
Speaking of, our Obamie Care fan strindl's been silent for no small while now. Wonder how it's working out for him? Is it a struggle paying the copays & deductibles, not to mention the out of this world premiums (if he doesn't qualify for subsidies)?

If so, I wonder if he's asked himself "What happened? Wasn't the ACA gonna fix things?" You could go broke if you had no heathcare coverage - NOW, you can go broke WITH coverage! What's really at issue here? Why are we paying too much?

It's isn't just the insurance market: it's any market economic force - Competition? PHOOEY! Whaddaya want - Healthcare choices, or no medical bills period? What's more affordable than paying NOTHING at all? HELL YEAH! Gimme gimme gimme!

Enter Medicare For All: Good for you, good for me & best of all? It's FREE! A one size fits all answer that addresses the concerns of folks most in greed... er, need.

There is a lot that I like about Obamacare. But, here's the issue - there is still all those middlemen in between that will do their best to make sure that they get their pound of flesh. So, reimbursement's under Obamacare Care go down, and rather than face loss of revenue for supplies, manufacturers of those supplies move operations overseas. The costs to healthcare goes down some, but, in the end those who own the companies and those who market either supplies see their incomes skyrocket.

Many lost their coverage under Obamacare with the loopholes over what makes a full time, part time or per diem worker. So, those in charge jettison FT and PT workers and make most staff per diems. We've seem this explode across healthcare, so seeing healthcare staff work at two or three hospitals isn't to survive isn't uncommon. Those who made these decisions got raises and bonuses......

Riddick
Pirate

All's Well Doggies That Ends Well Doggies

Post by Riddick » 10-27-2018 06:45 PM

Why hang onto the ACA when we can have something FAR better?

All that effort with market forces. F?CK IT! Time to go with the best.

3 words: Medicare For All. Americans will be THE envy of the world -

-Donald Trump Image

Return to “Economy”