Rise of Repressive Government

VOTING ISSUES, Citizen Activism, Petitions

Moderator: Super Moderators

kbot
Pirate

Rise of Repressive Government

Post by kbot » 02-08-2017 12:24 PM

I've been vacillating with the Trump administration since the swearing-in. On the one hand I'm seeing some ideas that address issues that need to be addressed, such as over-regulation. But then I see actions that make me think "WTF just happened????"

On the one hand I thought that Trump was being a bombastic loudmouth and talking without a filter. But then I started witnessing individual acts which amounted to a basic assault on individuals and then groups and it made me wonder more, and with each successive attack I started noticing patterns that we've al either seen or read about before - attacks on individuals and groups and then purges. Not, not heaving, but actual purging of individuals. Scapegoating of people and groups. Attacks on intellectuals, and now silencing of dissent within the government itself.

We've seen this before practiced in Nazi Germany, the Soviet Union, Communist China and Eastern Europe. Whether its Press Secretary Spicer bullying the press, or Trump's language in speaking about groups, his executive orders demonizing refugees or his actions leading to wholesale departures of staff, this (in my mind anyway), reminds me of other repressive governments and I'm getting worried about the future of our country- more so than I was with Obama or "43".

I saw this episode playing out on the new this morning and, while never an overly enthusiastic fan of Senator Warren, I truly applaud her speech and reasons for choosing her words and the letters the way she did. That the GOP has selectively chosen to silence her gives me the chills as they saw no reason to do so when one of their own (Senator Cruz) called Trump a liar.

We're entering dangerous water pirates...........

Warren Silenced For Reading Coretta Scott King Letter at Sessions Debate

Democrats rallied around Elizabeth Warren on Wednesday after the Massachusetts senator was silenced for reading from a 30-year-old letter written by the widow of Martin Luther King criticizing attorney general nominee Jeff Sessions' civil rights record.

Senate Republicans voted to rebuke Warren after she read from a letter that Coretta Scott King wrote that criticized the civil rights record of Sessions, Trump's nominee for attorney general and an Alabama Republican, during the lawmaker's attempted confirmation for a federal judgeship 30 years ago. The 1986 letter said that Sen. Sessions, who was then U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of Alabama, had used the "the awesome power of his office to chill the free exercise of the vote by black citizens in the district he now seeks to serve as a federal judge."

The rare move to silence a senator for impugning a fellow member of Congress sparked a #LetLizSpeak social media campaign late Tuesday and prompted a number of Democrats to defend the liberal firebrand and heavily speculated about 2020 presidential candidate.
http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congres ... ns-n718166
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Doka
Pirate

Re: Rise of Repressive Government

Post by Doka » 02-08-2017 01:39 PM

So sorry to hear that you are embracing the George Soros method of governing. You have made it clear that the Constitution means little.

I am always surprised ( don't know why), when one willingly embraces Globalism, but so be it. I' am very sure that you have thought out well the consequences of you and many others decision to embrace open borders and the embracing of a Corporate run world , where the no doubt The Muslim Guard (not the peaceful ones), will keep the people in line.

I will mention only in passing, that Warren and her peers are simply vying for position in the Globalists scheme . Her Hatred and not a little fear of Jeff Sessions, she made abundantly clear, as well as the disgust for the American People who voted Against their evil plan on Their road to riches!

My motive for even responding to you is purely selfish. I respect that is the Road you have chosen. But will fight to the death Not to go down it With You. :!:
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 02-08-2017 02:38 PM

Her Hatred for Jeff Sessions is all over her, all these things came up in Sessions confirmation hearings and where addressed accordingly, and factually shot down.

They where right to shut down her Sessions Hate Speech, using a 1987? letter from C King. She also has hit every news network with her half truth.

MORE LIES=> Elizabeth Warren Silenced for VICIOUS ATTACK on Jeff Sessions – Not for Coretta Scott King Letter (VIDEO)

Warren then went to Facebook and Twitter to whine and lie about how she was cut off for reading a Coretta Scott King letter.

Now here’s the truth—
Fake Indian Elizabeth Warren was silenced last night on the senate floor after her disgusting attack on fellow Senator Jeff Sessions. This was against senate rules. Today Warren is raising money saying she was silenced for reading a Coretta Scott King letter.

This is just the latest lie by Liz Warren.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/02 ... ter-video/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
She was voted off by the Senate The Hate-full shame is All Hers. (Whoops forgot, it is only Republicans that do "HATE SPEECHES", Silly Me ):shock:

VIDEO: Senate Votes to Bar Sen. Warren From Speaking on Floor

WASHINGTON — Senator Elizabeth Warren was cut off from speaking on the Senate floor about Attorney General nominee Senator Jeff Sessions, by Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, on Tuesday. Warren was reading a letter written by Coretta Scott King.

The Senator is found in violation of of Rule 19 by ‘impugning Sen. Sessions.’

According to Rule 19, Senators shall not be allowed to “directly or indirectly, by any form of words impute to another Senator or to other Senators any conduct or motive unworthy or unbecoming a Senator.”

The Senate voted 49-43.

http://breaking911.com/breaking-senate- ... oor-watch/
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 02-08-2017 05:04 PM

Doka, I do not embrace globalism - far from it. Globalism has destroyed the lives and livelihoods of plenty of people around here. That being said, while I appreciate your concerns with the constitution, which I share, BTW, I have serious reservations with how this particular administration publicly conducts itself and how it treats people, both within the government as well as outside.

From gag orders to questioning groups such as the National Institute of Health and alienating some of our strongest allies, he's not doing us any favors.

And the re-importation tax idea - while I appreciate the concept, I have to disagree with as presented. Let me give you just one idea of why - and kit goes back to globalization and healthcare. Most people probably don't know this but many items commonly used in healthcare are manufactured in Mexico. The kits and sterile packs used in most surgical procedures and minor invasive procedures are made and packaged in Mexico. Kimberly-Clarke, Medline and other companies, years ago, packed-up and moved to Mexico. And immediate import tax will affect all aspects in the delivery of healthcare since the costs for these items will skyrocket while things get sorted out and the costs will be passed along to the healthcare facilities.

I'm not saying that the obvious solution of bringing the manufacturing back isn't a good idea, but there needs to be a clearly worked-out plan.

Aside from this issue, I still have concerns about how this administration treats and views the citizens of this country. Maybe it will get bette, bt I'm not banking on it.....
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 02-08-2017 06:05 PM

Kbot - FWIW, I admire and respect you for speaking your mind.

The only upside to Trump is that he is so impulsive and childish he blabs off everything he is thinking every day of the week, which at least gives us some forewarning and insight into the insanity of this terrible joke on the world.

It remains to be seen if the comfort that all the Trump voters took in believing that checks and balances by the Republican party would be forthcoming after Trump took office, will actually play out. If those same voters still believe that checks and balances are not required, then all I can say is they're all dumber than a bag of hammers.
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Riddick
Pirate

Midler Of The Road Politics?

Post by Riddick » 02-08-2017 11:02 PM

kbot wrote:I still have concerns about how this administration treats and views the citizens of this country. Maybe it will get bette, bt I'm not banking on it.....
IMHO? At this point, fractured and factional as America is, it's a fairly safe bet no one can say for certain it couldn't get worse BEFORE it gets Bette! KnowhutImean?!?

A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 02-09-2017 06:26 AM

Raggedyann wrote:Kbot - FWIW, I admire and respect you for speaking your mind.

The only upside to Trump is that he is so impulsive and childish he blabs off everything he is thinking every day of the week, which at least gives us some forewarning and insight into the insanity of this terrible joke on the world.

It remains to be seen if the comfort that all the Trump voters took in believing that checks and balances by the Republican party would be forthcoming after Trump took office, will actually play out. If those same voters still believe that checks and balances are not required, then all I can say is they're all dumber than a bag of hammers.
It may be too early to tell, but from where I'm sitting, I'm trying to find an upside.

kbot
Pirate

Re: Midler Of The Road Politics?

Post by kbot » 02-09-2017 06:48 AM

Riddick wrote:
kbot wrote:I still have concerns about how this administration treats and views the citizens of this country. Maybe it will get bette, bt I'm not banking on it.....
IMHO? At this point, fractured and factional as America is, it's a fairly safe bet no one can say for certain it couldn't get worse BEFORE it gets Bette! KnowhutImean?!?

Well, that's the question isn't it? Look at the instances where it's "Trump vs. (.............):

- Trump vs. the media
- Trump vs. Hispanics
- Trump vs. Muslims
- Trump vs. women
- Trump vs. the judiciary
- Trump vs. the EPA
- Trump vs. the Dept of Education
- Trump vs. the National Institute of Health
- Trump vs. university and college- based research

The list goes on, but what alarms me is the vitriolic rhetoric and the blanket scapegoating of groups and punishment of individuals who speak out. We've all seen this before in other countries and this country has a history of speaking out against such actions and rhetoric. Don't get me wrong - I'm not in total 100% agreement with some of the more extreme ideas of some groups lining-up against Trump, but at the same time there still needs to be some civil discourse, respect and a desire to compromise and work in a bipartisan collaborative manner. I don't see this with this administration.

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 02-09-2017 06:48 AM

kbot wrote:
Riddick wrote:

Well, that's the question isn't it? Look at the instances where it's "Trump vs. (.............):

- Trump vs. the media
- Trump vs. Hispanics
- Trump vs. Muslims
- Trump vs. women
- Trump vs. the EPA

The list goes on, but what alarms me is the vitriolic rhetoric and the blanket scapegoating of groups and punishment of individuals who speak out. We've all seen this before in other countries and this country has a history of speaking out against such actions and rhetoric. Don't get me wrong - I'm not in total 100% agreement with some of the more extreme ideas of some groups lining-up against Trump, but at the same time there still needs to be some civil discourse, respect and a desire to compromise and work in a bipartisan collaborative manner. I don't see this with this administration.

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 02-09-2017 11:28 AM

kbot wrote:
kbot wrote:
Riddick wrote:IMHO? At this point, fractured and factional as America is, it's a fairly safe bet no one can say for certain it couldn't get worse BEFORE it gets Bette! KnowhutImean?!?

- Trump vs. the media
- Trump vs. Hispanics
- Trump vs. Muslims
- Trump vs. women
- Trump vs. the EPA

----------------------------------------------------------
There now the world is round again :D

Until I detect rulings against the Constitution, Rules of Law and the American People that Want to be Here, I will defend the Man defending America.

Trump is one man, if you lapse into civil discourse with insanity the out come will , there will be no outcome! Are you really blind to the Bully attitude you have adopted. I want you to watch Trump like never before, He comes out swinging when "provoked" if you go back and look you will find that he responds to attacks on his family and his country and those who want to destroy this country. There is nothing hidden, transparency, like we have never experienced!

Quote:
"The list goes on, but what alarms me is the vitriolic rhetoric and the blanket scapegoating of groups and punishment of individuals who speak out. '"

You did not see this for the last 8 years used against the American people? Using the IRS, etc, etc, etc. and favored groups to create shame in the American people while selling our country out from under us. Oh but he spoke nice and dressed well, while doing it!

There is nothing said about the groups or individuals until they turn into animals, that burn and destroy and rage, even these people are protected under our Constitution. I see that as a problem! They are using the idea of "Free Speech" and March with ALL THE PROTECTIONS, WHILE TRYING TO DESTROY OUR COUNTRY AND FREE SPEECH.

The Media vs Trump
Hispanics vs Trump
Muslims vs Trump
Women vs Trump
the judiciary vs Trump
the EPA vs Trump
The department of education vs Trump
The national health institute vs Trump
University and college based science vs Trump

Assassination calls vs Trump
Calls for Impeachment vs Trump
KARMA RULES

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 02-09-2017 11:50 AM

Doka wrote:There now the world is round again :D

Until I detect rulings against the Constitution, Rules of Law and the American People that Want to be Here, I will defend the Man defending America.

Trump is one man, if you lapse into civil discourse with insanity the out come will , there will be no outcome! Are you really blind to the Bully attitude you have adopted. I want you to watch Trump like never before, He comes out swinging when "provoked" if you go back and look you will find that he responds to attacks on his family and his country and those who want to destroy this country. There is nothing hidden, transparency, like we have never experienced!

Much of what Trump is trying to do is either being legally-challenged or will be, and I'm trying to figure out how where/ how Trump "as one man", was injured by the various groups that he is writing executive orders against. The problem is, is he casting too wide a net, impacting far more people than is necessary. If he would just target certain individuals, that would be one thing, but he is going after whole groups of people, which a different matter entirely.

And, I'm all for keeping the country safe - I served in the military and I get it, but many of the people Trump has targeted are refugees fleeing war zones.............

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 02-09-2017 12:03 PM

By the way "Pocuhantas" Warren has a new book coming out, while on tour she can snivel and whimper about what a "Victim" she is. Although she was warned repeatedly , before "action" was taken.

Also, the 1987 Coretta King letter was parroted by just about every Democrat at the Sessions hearing, and Factually disputed over and over and over again. It's a wonder there is any print left on it. Coretta died in 2006, she Obviously could not respond. Thats all the Dems Had and they where like little kids repeating it over and over. Go watch the Sessions Confirmation hearings it was a pathetic, childish, embarrassment on the Dems, self created.
KARMA RULES

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 02-09-2017 01:06 PM

Quote:

Much of what Trump is trying to do is either being legally-challenged or will be,

That's not a bad thing, that is the Constitution working is it not?

and I'm trying to figure out how where/ how Trump "as one man", was injured by the various groups that he is writing executive orders against.

Please Name the Groups? If you mean the vetting of people coming into this country, that too is covered in the Constitution, I suggest you find it and read it. If you are inferring to his Executive order regarding vetting and extreme vetting of those that come into the country, I'm all for it. NO WHERE IN THAT ORDER DOES IT SPECIFY ANY RACE, RELIGION, COLOR OR CREED! It is a blanket , generic , order. The 7 Countries where only a list created by Obama of most dangerous countries ,to start the ball rolling. The order to be temporary. The Democrats are the ones Who labeled it a "Muslim Ban" , when in fact the word Muslim nor any other specified people or group Is NOT IN THE ORDER. HE / WE want no one coming into this country who can not be vetted and "cause harm". It does specify some heinous crimes against women.

The problem is, is he casting too wide a net, impacting far more people than is necessary. If he would just target certain individuals, that would be one thing, but he is going after whole groups of people, which a different matter entirely.

That's you opinion.

Here it is, 7 pages READ IT I simply do NOT find it unreasonable! MY OPINION..........

http://documents.latimes.com/read-draft ... -refugees/
KARMA RULES

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 02-09-2017 01:50 PM

Quote:

"And, I'm all for keeping the country safe - I served in the military and I get it, but many of the people Trump has targeted are refugees fleeing war zones............."

You do not find it strange, that the majority of the Countries on Obama's List (used as starting point for EO)where bombed into almost oblivion by Obama ? THOSE WAR Zones and refugee crisis was planned and executed by Obama/Soros and THEIR ALLIES, NOT to be confused with Allies that don't to want cause harm to America and themselves(their own countries) Ignorant "Do Gooders" will be the death of this country. But they do dress well and speak well and are very fashionable willing go sacrifice their own for what? Their own naive "Look Good"? You need to know, even "Heaven" has limited space for stupid.

Those refugees meant to be here , will be here.
KARMA RULES

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 02-09-2017 08:24 PM

Would make more sense if he also sanctioned Saudi and Pakistan.........

Return to “We the People”