About That "Incredible Transition"...

Sustainable and renewable energy.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Riddick
Pirate

About That "Incredible Transition"...

Post by Riddick » 07-04-2022 10:50 AM

It's going badly, and enough so to have one disillusioned Green Dreamer write an essay titled "Chasing Utopian Energy: How I Wasted 20 Years Of My Life".
I started to realize that I had accepted as true certain claims about energy and our environment. Now I began to see those claims were false. For example:

*I used to think solar and wind power were the best ways to reduce CO2 emissions. But the biggest reduction in CO2 emissions during the past 15 years (over 60%) has come from switching from coal to natural gas.

* I used to think that the world was transitioning to solar, wind, and batteries. This, too, was false. Trillions of dollars were spent on wind and solar projects over the last 20 years, yet the world’s dependence on fossil fuels declined only 3 percentage points, from 87% to 84%.

* I used to believe nuclear energy was dangerous and nuclear waste was a big problem. In fact, nuclear is the safest and most reliable way to generate low-emission electricity, and it provides the best chance of reducing CO2 emissions.

It’s now clear I was chasing utopian energy. I was using green energy myths as moral camouflage, and I was able to believe those myths as long as I remained ignorant about the real costs and benefits of different energy sources.
In his essay, he cites eight principles - Security, Reliability, Affordability, Versatility, Scalability, Emissions, Land use & Lifespan - on which to evaluate energy options. Some key points:
  • Relying on energy imports or minerals from other countries puts a nation at risk.
  • If energy is unaffordable, businesses can’t make the products we want & need, and people will freeze to death in their homes.
  • Wind and solar sources are often located far away from where people live and work, making it difficult and expensive to transport the energy to where it is needed.
  • A typical 1,000-megawatt US nuclear power plant needs little more than 1 square mile to operate. Solar farms need 75 times more land to produce the same amount of energy. Wind farms need 360 times more.
  • Nuclear plants can operate for over 80 years and run for 100 years if they are well-maintained. By contrast, solar panels and wind turbines last only about 20 years.
Rather than an incremental broad-based approach, we're already getting a taste of what an unprincipled headlong rush to ditch fossil fuels will entail - Following an unattainable wind & solar obsessed Green Dream will be a nightmare for us all.

FULL ESSAY

RELATED:
The Biden Administration Hits Peak Energy Absurdity
Instead of disjointed and often counterproductive policies, leaders in Washington need a serious energy strategy that embraces all of America’s energy resources.
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Doka
Pirate

Re: About That "Incredible Transition"...

Post by Doka » 07-04-2022 12:03 PM

Ah! YES, They are in charge, unfortunitly, even if they tried to repair the damage they created , I don't believe they have the IQ to do so, since the only visit amongst themselves, they are totally "Logically" deprived.

JOE BITEME mentally deficient

Miss Giggles(VP) incapable oh making sentence on her own.

All the rest are filled with Hate and Revenge, no longer capable of "Reasoning"

The American People lost and wondering around (Somewhere)
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Riddick
Pirate

March Of The Woken Soldiers

Post by Riddick » 07-04-2022 01:41 PM

Electing 'leaders' like Biteme & Giggles shows Dem loyalists are totally Mashugana

Still, I'm curious: how'd this Dreamer disabuse himself of the Woke Green Energy delusion? Could it be he doesn't like the idea of starving and/or freezing to death?

What an selfish bastard!! Doesn't he know it's One For All & All For None? Ignorant of the impending doom, eyes fixed on empty promises, conformity reigns supreme

We know so much,
But have changed so little,
The Tribal flux,
Looks for no acquittal.

Today we are no different,
Than all the Others,
The Country is living,
Its saddest hours...

- Sandra Feldman
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 07-04-2022 05:30 PM

Pretty Powerful stuff, They convinced many that their "natural self preservation instinct" is total "hooey".

The "Cult of Joe" really appeals to the "Dim of Whits" Jim Jones would be so proud! :devil:
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 07-05-2022 07:15 PM

It's OK, because the GOP Supremes have ruled the COAL is somehow "clean" and to open up the mines. Damn the global warming because there are profits to be had..........

We are o screwed.........
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 07-05-2022 07:42 PM

To put things into perspective...........

Largest oil and gas producers made close to $100bn in first quarter of 2022

https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... 22-profits

Oil giants reap record profits as war rages in Ukraine, energy prices soar: Here's how much they made
https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/ec ... 686761002/

https://www.businessinsider.com/gas-pri ... ump%20rise[/url]

And, this one SURELY is Biden's fault....... :roll:
Abu Dhabi’s Taqa to Retain Most Oil and Gas Assets After Review

Abu Dhabi National Energy Co. said it will retain the vast majority of its oil and natural gas assets following a review, citing the strong contribution of those businesses to earnings.

The company spent more than a year mulling whether to sell the assets and its decision not to comes after a surge in oil and gas prices following Russia’s attack on Ukraine. Brent crude is up 45% in 2022 to around $113 a barrel, leading to a windfall for owners of oil-producing assets

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... ter-review
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 07-06-2022 02:15 AM

These countries have every right to tell Joe to go "POUND SAND" they owe us nothing! We have reached the MOST Pitiful country in the World, Joe the most Pitiful Despot of all time.

Too bad you didn't read what Riddick posted!
KARMA RULES

Return to “Energy Policy”