The White House Gaslights On Gas

Sustainable and renewable energy.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Riddick
Pirate

The White House Gaslights On Gas

Post by Riddick » 03-11-2022 01:45 AM

“Well, just to be very clear, federal policies are not limiting the supplies of oil and gas.” White House press secretary Jen Psaki said Monday in response to Fox News reporter Peter Doocy who had, as the Huffington Post put it, “trie[d] to blame rising gas prices on the Biden administration rather than Russian President Vladimir Putin’s invasion of Ukraine.”

With Doocy citing numerous examples in which the Biden administration had, in fact, limited oil and gas, Psaki fired back that she was going to “give you the facts here, and I know that can be inconvenient, but I think they’re important in this moment. No facts followed.

What did follow, however, was the White House’s new line on skyrocketing gas prices: “The suggestion that we are not allowing companies to drill is inaccurate,” Psaki said. “The suggestion that that is what is hindering or preventing gas prices to come down is inaccurate.”

That was echoed by the president himself at a press conference Tuesday: “Let me be clear,” Biden said. “It’s simply not true that my administration or policies are holding back domestic energy production. That’s simply not true.” There’s just one small problem: It is, in fact, true.

Biden’s flurry of executive orders in his first months in office included killing the Keystone XL pipeline, which would have transported up to 830,000 barrels of crude oil per day from Canada to the U.S., and halting new oil and natural-gas drilling on public lands and waters. Last month, the administration indefinitely halted all new drilling permits altogether.

The effect of all that has been exactly what you’d expect — American energy costs have been steadily climbing. The fact is the Biden administration is catering to the eco-activist wing of the Democratic Party — and pinning its policy failures on a war that kicked off many months after American gas prices actually started to climb. That’s a shame.

FULL STORY
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Return to “Energy Policy”