An American tourist fell into Mount Vesuvius, an active volcano in Italy, after trespassing to take a selfie, officials

News, information, and comment about 'the media'

Moderator: Super Moderators

Doka
Pirate

An American tourist fell into Mount Vesuvius, an active volcano in Italy, after trespassing to take a selfie, officials

Post by Doka » 07-16-2022 11:07 AM

Seems to be a lot of "idiocy" goind on, people taking their children to pet the nice Bison, being stompt on by a not so playful moose. There " I'm Special Attitude" is a real killer.

An American tourist fell into Mount Vesuvius, an active volcano in Italy, after trespassing to take a selfie, officials said.

The 23-year-old man, who dropped his phone and tried to retrieve it after the selfie, fell several meters into the ash of the crater before being saved by nearby park officials on Saturday.

He sustained only minor injuries, officials said.

The man, who has not been named, allegedly walked on an unauthorized path to reach the summit of Mount Vesuvius at 1,281 meters, according to a spokesperson from the Carabinieri of the Forestry department of the Park of Vesuvius.

The spokesperson told ABC News he believes the man went on the unmarked path because tickets for visiting Vesuvius, which are limited to 2,700 a day, were all booked.

The man had come to the opposite side of the crater, where visitors are not permitted, the spokesperson said.

At around 3 p.m., local news sources reported the park's volcanological guides had spotted some people on the upper part of the crater, an area forbidden for solo access.

The guides immediately started moving toward the area and were able to come to the man's rescue after seeing him attempt to retrieve his cellphone, according to Carabinieri's spokesperson.

The guides also performed first aid on the man's minor injuries to his legs, arms and back.

According to Carabinieri's spokesperson, two other Americans, two Brits and one Austrian were with the American man who fell.

More of the story

https://abcnews.go.com/International/us ... d=86662932
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Malaria_Kidd II
Pirate
Location: SW IN USA-UK Midlands SCANIAowner @ Sound Cloud - @ Supernaturalearth

Re: An American tourist fell into Mount Vesuvius, an active volcano in Italy, after trespassing to take a selfie, offici

Post by Malaria_Kidd II » 07-16-2022 04:12 PM

Doka, My opinion is that ABC News has a terminal case of inoperable "taloididus" covering the still living selfie idiot!

I tried to watch a "real news" video about 6 deaths during Montana's I-90 Friday dust storm and clicking inside became endless ads from a Ft. Wayne, IN chiropractor.😂

MK II ∆=®™

Return to “Media Watch”