Oscar-winning, 'irreplaceable' Cloris Leachman dies at 94

News, information, and comment about 'the media'

Moderator: Super Moderators

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 01-27-2021 09:47 PM

I loved Cloris Leachman! She could play any type of charactor,, she was elegant and beautiful or slutty and hysterically funny. Her life was filled to the brim.

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Cloris Leachman, an Oscar-winner for her portrayal of a lonely housewife in “The Last Picture Show” and a comedic delight as the fearsome Frau Blücher in “Young Frankenstein” and self-absorbed neighbor Phyllis on “The Mary Tyler Moore Show,” has died. She was 94.

Leachman died in her sleep of natural causes at her home in Encinitas, California, publicist Monique Moss said Wednesday. Her daughter Dinah Englund was at her side, Moss said.

A character actor of extraordinary range, Leachman defied typecasting. In her early television career, she appeared as Timmy's mother on the “Lassie” series. She played a frontier prostitute in “Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid,” a crime spree family member in “Crazy Mama,” and Blücher in Mel Brooks’ “Young Frankenstein,” in which the very mention of her name drew equine commentary.

“Every time I hear a horse whinny I will forever think of Cloris’ unforgettable Frau Blücher,” Brooks tweeted, calling Leachman “insanely talented” and “irreplaceable.”

Salutes from other admiring colleagues poured in on social media. Steve Martin said Leachman “brought comedy’s mysteries to the big and small screen." “Nothing I could say would top the enormity of my love for you,” posted Ed Asner of “The Mary Tyler Moore Show." “Applause on every entrance and exit,” said Rosie O'Donnell.

“There was no one like Cloris. With a single look she had the ability to break your heart or make you laugh ’till the tears ran down your face,” Juliet Green, her longtime manager, said in a statement.

Full Article

https://www.chron.com/news/article/Osca ... 903322.php

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloris_Leachman
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Riddick
Pirate

Re: Oscar-winning, 'irreplaceable' Cloris Leachman dies at 94

Post by Riddick » 01-28-2021 02:24 AM

DYN Cloris put in a Top 10 performance as Granny in the movie version of The Beverly Hillbillies?

Jim Varney was Jed, Lily Tomlin was Miss Jane & Dabney Coleman was Mr Drysdale

With all that talent it's a shame the movie doesn't get more love
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Return to “Media Watch”