Campaign events, speeches, issues, discussion

Moderator: Super Moderators

Faedrea
Pirate

Reuters-GOP says Blacks are inferior

Post by Faedrea » 10-30-2004 10:15 AM

GOP Senate candidate in Oklahoma says blacks are genetically inferior
by John in DC - 10/30/2004 12:41:34 AM

That's why they don't live as long as us white folk. Yes, GOP pride at its finest.
A Republican Senate candidate from Oklahoma who has run into trouble over verbal gaffes was drawing fire again on Friday for saying black men have a "genetic predisposition" for a lower life expectancy than whites.
Of course, I understand the candidate, Tom Coburn, has a genetic predisposition for asshole.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=s ... _senate_dc

http://americablog.org/

Faedrea
Pirate

Post by Faedrea » 10-30-2004 11:54 AM

"Why are you attacking someone for stating what have come to be known as facts"

Please post these facts if you can, with sources.

More on the same GOP candidate from Reuters:
Coburn has gotten into trouble for his statements before.

Among others, he has been criticized for saying doctors who perform abortions should get the death penalty.

And in 1997, when he was serving in the U.S. House of Representatives, he earned the wrath of his own Republican party by objecting to a broadcast of the Oscar-winning Holocaust film "Schindler's List," as an outrage to "decent-minded individuals" because it included violence, "vile language" and "irresponsible sexual activity."

Coburn's standing in the polls was also dented after a woman told a news conference last month that he had sterilized her without informing her in 1990 when he treated her for an ectopic pregnancy.

Translation: nutcase

BenSlain
Pirate

Post by BenSlain » 10-30-2004 12:07 PM

Fea. I agree this guy is a nutjob.But I don't think you can lable the entire GOP... "GOP pride at its finest."....for what one person says.
Put in a prison cell, but one time he could-a been The champion of the world.

Faedrea
Pirate

Post by Faedrea » 10-30-2004 12:09 PM

I didnt, but, the blogger did. I dont think they are all like that no but GOP people like this are not an isolated incident.

mudwoman
Pirate

Post by mudwoman » 10-30-2004 12:44 PM

It would seem to me that any respectable member of the Republican party would denounce this creepy nut case. IF a Democrat had said these things, members of the modern Democratic party would be all over him in a New York minute. You can count on it.

Where are the Republicans? Why the silence? Why are they (not you Ben) not denouncing this crap? Where is the GOP leadership? Why have we not heard GOP senators, house members etc. Where is the outrage by FF Republicans (not you Ben) for that matter?

No where.

Is this DragonMaster guy representative of the GOP perspective? If not, respectable Republicans need to clean up their party.

CindyLouWho
Pirate

Post by CindyLouWho » 10-30-2004 01:13 PM

Uh yeah okay ... and white men can't jump, and gay men make better girlfriends, and black men have larger, er, um, feet ...

Poppycock! (no pun intended)

(sorry, I've been up all night and am a bit giddy)

Iris
Pirate

Post by Iris » 10-31-2004 09:18 PM

"Reuters-GOP says Blacks are inferior "

Good! And right before the elections, too. Stupid is as stupid does, and Tim Coburn deserves no votes. Good thing he shot his mouth off before the election, isn't it? I hope all the _good_ people (of every skin tone) in his area are aware of what a jerk he is. With people like that, you don't need to hang 'em. All you need to do is hand them the rope and they'll do it for you.
We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately. B. Franklin

swimmbadd
Pirate

Re: Reuters-GOP says Blacks are inferior

Post by swimmbadd » 10-31-2004 10:01 PM

Faedrea wrote:

Of course, I understand the candidate, Tom Coburn, has a genetic predisposition for asshole.

Heh heh heee
LOL
:D
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!

Return to “Bush/Cheney '04 Campaign”