Chakra's and Meditation

General religion and metaphysics topics

Moderator: Super Moderators

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 09-08-2007 11:43 PM

What colors would you suggest, Panache? And what is your source of information? Thanks.
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 09-08-2007 11:45 PM

If you think they are wrong Panache instead of just pointing it out why don't you post the correct information, inquiring minds want to know.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 09-08-2007 11:52 PM

Chakras
Chakras are psychic centres that lie along the axis of the spine as consciousness potentials. The chakras are not materially real and are to be understood as situated, not in the gross body, but in the subtle or etheric body. Repositories of psychic energies, they govern the whole condition of being. They are usually represented as lotuses.

When kundalini is struck, she awakens, uncoils and begin to rise upwards like a fiery serpent, breaking upon each chakra as she ascends, until the Shakti merges with Shiva in sahasrara chakra.

As kundalini reaches each chakra, that lotus opens and lift its flower; and as soon as she leaves for a higher chakra, the lotus closes its petals and hangs down, symbolizing the activation of the energies of the chakra and their assimilation to kundalini.

The increasing number of lotus petals, in ascending order, may be taken to indicate the rising energy or vibration-frequencies of the respective chakras, each functioning as a transformer of energies from one potency to another.

Each of the chakras, according to the Tantras, corresponds to one of the elements of which the known world is compounded. Muladhara represents solidity; Svadhisthana, liquidity; Manipura, the gaseous; Anahata, the aerial; Vishuddha, the etheric, or space. One can see the whole process as a progressive transformation of the elements, with an increase of volatility.

This ascent through the chakras can be viewed as an upward journey through the self which refines and subtilizes the energy that is the kundalini, until at the sixth chakra, the Ajna, centre of command, a qualitative change has taken place.
http://www.tantra-kundalini.com/chakras.htm

Panache
Pirate

Post by Panache » 09-08-2007 11:52 PM

The first chakra is square shaped and is golden yellow

The second chakra is as a crescent moon, with the center at the base and the tips pointing upwards in a balanced shape, and is colored milky white

The third chakra is triangular with the point up and is red

The fourth chakra is circular and is smoky grey

The fifth chakra is a multitude of specs of the full spectrum of color potential

The sixth and seventh chakras are beyond color, though if one must, white would be associated with the 6th chakra.

The reason the Roy G Biv has been applied to the chakra color theme has been nothing more than speculative and entertainment, plus the fact that it is seven in number, like the primary chakras, and to materialistic minds making such speculations, and misinforming us all, seemed quite decorative in a sequential manner.

Red at the first chakra is probably the most absurd, again, not for entertainment titilation and purposeful shallowness, rather because inflaming that chakra with that color will induce both ill health and animalistic dementia, and similar results if red was applied to the second chakra, including hastening one's demise.

A person can begin an exploration of what color their mental attention is at for the moment by sitting in what is called viirasana. I've searched for an image and haven't found one so far, though as soon as I find it I'll post it here. I'm not using my pooter, though when I do again I'll upload the picture. While in this asana, you look at the tip of your nose, seeing two images of your nose, you focus so that a space is between the two nose images, then simply without projecting, just watch as the colors make themselves conspicuous. While a person of no experience may do the looking in any position, in viirasana will particularly open up the auric reading capabilities, regardless of the contrarian conceits of the new practitioner.

Another big mistake about chakras is the use of the seven notes of what is called the "Western music scale", which in reality is surely used in Western music, though was originally created by SadaShiva more than 6,000 years ago. The mistake in that case is in use do re mi etc. as if each of the seven sounds correspond to each of the chakras consecutively. Nothing could be further from the truth.

To further the development of spiritual practitioners he systematized music in many ways, relying upon seven subtle sounds of the 5th chakra related to sounds of different animals. I'll post which ones they are when I gain access to my pooter again. Shiva also created the eight octaves we know today. Our use of these scales are a result of his efforts, not a coincidence.

Each entity in the universe, each object imanates unique sounds, while rather consistently, the chakras imanate specific root sounds unique to each and rather constant in human forms on Earth, and are as follows:

1st chakra: lam', sounds a bit like the space between "luuung" and "luuaaang"

2nd chakra: vam', sounds a bit like the space between "vuuung" and "vuuaaang"

3rd chakra: ram', sounds a bit like the space between "rhuuung" and "rhuuaaang"

4th chakra: jam', sounds a bit like the space between "jhuuung" and "jhuuaaang"

5th chakra: ham', sounds a bit like the space between "huuung" and "huuuaang"

You may have heard the sounds of Bhuddist monks chanting, seemingly in a very droll bass tone and without fluctuation, regardless of what they say. The reason for this is that after samadhi, when the kundalini is raised to at least the heart chakra, the state of mind afterwards, the magnificent bliss that follows includes hearing just such a bass tone constantly. In part this bass humm is a reflection of the accoustic root of the universe. They are simply mimicking this accoustic sound as one of several methods of anchoring themselves into this mind-state or to facilitate pursuing samadhi.

Raising the kundalini to the heart chakra, especially when it's gone fully through the fourth chakra and beyond, is called Satori in Japanese or Zen Bhuddism. Satori is also the threshold from which you spend an enormous amount of time laughing, i.e. "Laughing Buddah".

Another tone that may be heard after samadhi includes a loftier inflection that has been very closely resembled in movies, at "divine moments", for example, in older movies, when some person "hears angels". I don't know what words to use to search for this sound on the Internet, though if you have a few years of life upon you and have seen many old movies since maybe the 40s through the 60s, then you probably have witnessed this sound yourself in those movies.

Another myth common in Western cultures is that "yoga" is physical postures, and along with that myth that these postures are for stretching and pleasure. They most certainly are not for sensual pleasure, regardless of what someone trying to sell you something says. *LoL* Asanas target the glands, and by doing so, both affect the chakras and facilitate the body keeping up with the mind's far more rapid growth capabilities, for it is the glands that are at the tangency between body and mind, including what you feel, how you think, and the thresholds of subtleties you can access through your conscious will of applying your mind.

Yoga is not an entertainment pablum, as conveyed in most "yoga" advertisements and so-called "studios". Tantra/yoga, done properly, can change our species to the next edition, a quantum leap far grander than the leap from Java Man to CroMagnon or to Homo Sapien.
Last edited by Panache on 09-09-2007 01:57 AM, edited 1 time in total.
The most valuable thing anyone daring to lead is to cultivate and convey to others is a moral conscience. Only such persons deserve to lead others, in any capacity.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 10-20-2007 09:58 AM

Develop a meditation that is like water. Doing this, you will find that the thoughts and impressions that possess you will flow away. Just as people wash away their body liquids, their sweat and spittle, pus and blood, and yet the water is not troubled or disgusted--so this water meditation will bring you peace.

Majjhima Nikaya

This meditation reminds me of using the breath, the same thing occurs when you breath out blowing all the negative out into the Universe.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 10-26-2007 09:33 AM

Don't forget to bring the good experiences of meditation into your daily activities. Instead of acting and reacting impulsively and following your thoughts and feelings here and there, watch your mind carefully, be aware, and try to deal skillfully with problems as they arise. If you can do this each day, your meditation will have been successful.

Kathleen McDonald, "How to Meditate"

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 11-23-2007 04:08 PM

Before you begin meditation take several slow, deep breaths. Hold your body erect, allowing your breathing to become normal again. Many thoughts will crowd into your mind, ignore them, letting them go. If they persist be aware of them with the awareness, which does not think. In other words, think non-thinking.

Zen Master Dogen

Starry Night
Pirate

Post by Starry Night » 11-30-2007 06:27 PM

Shirleypal, I had gotten away from regular meditation and recently began again thanks to your posts here.

I always notice the benefits and just need to be consistent with taking the time to pause in life.

thanks much!

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 12-01-2007 11:24 AM

You are very welcome Starry Night......I know how easy it is to get off track sometimes, meditation has been a very important part of my life, it keeps me centered.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 12-20-2007 07:13 PM

http://www.orindaben.com/home/wwmeditat ... e.php#free

Announcing Two Free Orin Audio Meditations and a Free DaBen Meditation
Orin's Inner Peace meditation.
Orin's A New Chapter in Your Life.
DaBen's Peace meditation
They play on RA or MP

Starry Night
Pirate

Post by Starry Night » 12-23-2007 11:38 PM

Thank you for these SP! Great meditations - just what I was looking for in the holiday season and as one year ends and the next begins.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 01-28-2008 04:25 PM

Your welcome Starry Night, sorry I didn't see your response sooner, Meditation has been a mainstay in my life for many years.
Hoping more Pirates will add to this thread and post their meditations and experiences.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 02-08-2008 11:31 PM

Opening the Heart Meditation
Transcript or listen here

http://www.beliefnet.com/story/32/story_3248_1.html

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 03-12-2008 03:16 PM

Guided Visualization to Weight Loss and Healthy Digestion.

http://www.healinglightseries.com/digestinfo.html

Starry Night
Pirate

Post by Starry Night » 03-26-2008 11:23 PM

Some meditations that I found worthwhile...

http://www.theglobalheart.org/audio/lif ... tions.html

by Debbie Ford, who's been on C2C, unfortunately with one who won't be named.

Snip :: You link was dead, fixed it for you.:)

Return to “Religion/Metaphysics”