General religion and metaphysics topics

Moderator: Super Moderators

Shirleypal
Pirate

Chakra's and Meditation

Post by Shirleypal » 05-19-2005 09:08 AM

Chakra's and Meditation

Chakras: Your Energy Centers

"Chakra" comes from the Sanskrit term meaning wheel. The Eastern civilization has been utilizing the power of these "wheels" for centuries. Only recently has the Western civilization begun to realize they even exist. We must first begin to understand our energy and how it works.

When our energy centers are out of balance, or blocked, physical conditions (illness) can occur. Wehe we understand that by suppressing emotions, such as anger, hate, jealousy and so on it builds up in the energy of the physical form. When this happens, it attacks the weakest chakra and illness forms. Here we will discuss our 7 major Chakras or energy centers.

The Root Chakra

Color Red
Element Earth (Smell)
Gem Bloodstone
Located at the base of the spine, relating to the Adrenals. This is the root chakra because it forms the foundation for the raising of the Kundalini energy. It can be called the energy of needs or physical survival. The root chakra relates to our groundedness and our ability to materialize our dreams. A misuse of the first chakra is a denial of the needs of self, resulting in feeling unsafe in one's physical environment. Fear of not being able to provide the necessities of life, not being able to stand up for one's self, feelings of not belonging anywhere. Common physical problems:

Chronic lower back pain
Sciatica
Varicose veins
Rectal difficulties
Tumors and cancer located in this area of the body
Affirmation - I am safe and secure with an unshakable trust

The Sacral Chakra

Color Orange
Element Water (Taste)
Gem Moonstone
Located in the genital area of the body, relating to the Spleen. This is the chakra of desire. The second chakra relates to self reliance, power and drive for purpose. A misuse of the second chakra is lack of self worth. Fear of sexual inadequacy, fear of financial inadequacy, fear of not having enough and the desire to control or manipulate others. Common physical problems:

All sexual problems
All sexual diseases
As well as cancer and cysts located in this area
Bladder and urinary difficulties
Affirmation - I am open to others

The Solar Plexus Chakra

Color Yellow
Element Fire (Sight)
Gem Amber
Located in the stomach area relating to the pancreas. This is the chakra of attainment. It is the receiving area of the body for first impressions or gut reactions. A misuse of the third chakra is fear of intimidation, fear of responsibility, resentment, feeling invalidated by others, being criticized or the need to criticize, fear of failure. Common physical problems:

Arthritis
Ulcers
Indigestion
Colon and intestinal problems
Pancreatitis
Diabetes
Hepatitis
Gallbladder
Anorexia
Bulimia
Nausea and flu.
Affirmation - I accept myself completely.

The Heart Chakra

Color Green
Element Air (Touch)
Gem Rose Quartz
Located in the center of the chest and relates to the thymus. This is the chakra of commitment. Learning to give and receive love. When the heart chakra is productively used we have a sense of connectedness. A misuse of the fourth chakra results in fears of showing affection, not being loved, holding onto old hurts, creating relationships that are abusive or unfulfilling, resentment because others receive more love and attention, the inability to forgive. Common physical problems:

All heart conditions
Asthma
Allergies
Lung problems, bronchial difficulties, pneumonia
Circulation problems
Upper back and shoulder problems.
Affirmation - I open my heart and freely give of myself to others.

The Throat Chakra

Color Blue
Element Sound
Gem Turquoise
Located in the throat and relates to the thyroid. The fifth chakra is the chakra of expression. The development of personal expression and the use of willpower through personal actions of creativity. To do anything as long as you believe in yourself, to be able to follow your dreams. All issues concerning love, creating from the heart, following your heart. A misuse of this chakra is the inability to believe that you have any voice in the creation of your own reality. Denying the existence of emotional feeling as a way of compensating for the fear of one's emotions. The inability to communicate feelings, ideas, sorrow, anger and joy. Irrational outbursts of anger, rage, physical abuse and dishonesty. Common physical problems:

Chronic throat problems
Gum difficulties
Teeth problems
TMJ
Tension headaches
Swollen glands and thyroid conditions
As well as most addictions.
Affirmation - I express my self freely and with ease.

The Third Eye Chakra

Color Indigo
Element Light
Gem Lapis Lazuli
Located in the center of the forehead, relating to the pituitary. It is also called the brow chakra, the chakra of insight. This is the doorway through which higher wisdom and intuition enter a persons awareness. The productive use of the sixth chakra is use of knowledge, higher reasoning and intuitive skills. How completely we perceive ourselves and our world depends on our willingness to perceive. Misuse of the sixth chakra causes the inability to reason, to challenge oneself to see the broader perspective at work in one's life, to go beyond the limitations of personal grief, fear of intuitive skill, emotional denial, jealousy, refusal to learn from life experience, not knowing self. Common physical problems:

Brain tumors
Hemorrhages
Blood clots
Neurological disorders
Blindness
Deafness
Migraine or tension headaches
Anxiety
Nervous breakdowns
Depression
Emotional, mental and learning disorders
Affirmation - I am in tune with my with my vision as I move toward it with clarity and purpose.

The Crown Chakra

Color Violet
Element Thought
Gem Amethyst
Located at the crown of the head and relates to the Pineal. This is the chakra of fulfillment, the entry force of life force itself. Acceptance of one's life, the capacity to fulfill one's purpose and finding the meaning of life. Here the individual experiences wholeness, has an awareness regarding where he or she invests the energy of their life. Being mindful of your personal value and invest energy, time and attention with care, thoughtfulness and wisdom. Self knowledge, knowing who you are and what to expect of yourself.

Misuse of this chakra produces feelings of living a meaningless life, absence of faith, and courage. Fear of self development, negative behavorial patterns resulting in the inability to think and reason beyond personal limitations, unwillingness to grow and change. Common physical problems:

Nervous system disorders
Paralysis
Bone Problems
MS
Lupus
Affirmation - I am in complete harmony, mentally, physically and spiritually.

Lord Moon
Pirate

New Age Mumbo Jumbo....

Post by Lord Moon » 05-20-2005 01:36 AM

too bad they don't make a Chakra coloring book HuH?

Shirleypal
Pirate

Re: New Age Mumbo Jumbo....

Post by Shirleypal » 05-20-2005 09:49 AM

Lord Moon wrote: too bad they don't make a Chakra coloring book HuH?

If you are not interested in the subject why are you reading it? This is a big board.

sayntbrigid
Pirate

Post by sayntbrigid » 05-20-2005 12:20 PM

Thats a very good introduction to the chakra system Shirleypal. I think it is important for people to understand the beliefs of others, even if it is not their belief. It is important to understand others, not only to further understand ourselves, but to understand some of the deep underlying causes of the horrible events happening in the world..and to better appreciate the good and wonderfull things as well.

HurricaneJoanie
Pirate Queen

Post by HurricaneJoanie » 05-20-2005 06:30 PM

Shirley,

Thanks for posting this great basic info on chakras, which I strongly believe in. I also think the music of Steve Halpern, using the music notes that relate to the chakras is VERY healing.

Very good reminder that we need to pay attention to this ancient and very relevant method of better knowing our body, physically and spiritually.

Hope Mudwoman stops by!

HJ
It's either real or it's a dream, There's nothing that is in between. ~ Jeff Lynne

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 05-20-2005 07:57 PM

Thanks, I have been meditating and using Chakra therapy for many years now, it works and keeps me grounded in the here and now.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 05-20-2005 07:59 PM

Meditation

If you are new to Meditation, you will find some basic information and tips here.

Meditation is a powerful tool you can use to create change in your life. It is not "new-age" as it has been around for thousands of years.

If you have never meditated before, learning is easy, however requires discipline.

You must first learn to quiet the mind.
You will need a piece of paper a pencil and a timer.

Sit in a quiet space with an object to gaze at for 10 minutes. This can be anything from a flower to a candle flame.

While gazing at your chosen object, pencil in hand make a tic mark anytime a thought comes into your mind. Do not remove your eyes from your focus to make your mark. Do not follow your train of thought. The goal is to get to zero check marks. Do this for a week.

Not following your train of thought means if you are thinking of what you are having for dinner, which leads to what is in the freezer for thawing, which leads to should I take it out now, then figuring out what sides to have and so on....we will call this "monkey mind".

Stop the "monkey mind" at what am I going to cook for dinner.

You will come up against many distractions that need to be stilled at the beginning.

Once you have your "monkey mind" under control you may start your meditations with a question, prayer of thanks or anything you may need guidance with. Then just listen. You may not get an immediate answer right away. It may show up in the physical as symbolic. Look for answers in any form.

For most people 15 minutes a day is a good time frame. However you can extend this to what ever is comfortable for you.

It is best, of course, if you can find a space and make a date with yourself everyday to do this. Is it necessary? NO! As your mind wanders while you do the dishes or laundry or hundreds of other times through out the day be open to listening. Some of my better problem solving comes to me while I am standing at the kitchen sink

So don't feel stressed because you have 30 hours of things to do and only 24 hours to get them done and you are wondering where am I going to find time for myself. Anywhere you are is special time.
Just Listen.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 05-20-2005 08:01 PM

Chakra Meditation

Use this type of meditation whenever you need to "recharge" and when beginning astral projection practice and sometimes when beginning psychic readings.

Lie or sit in a relaxed and comfortable position, as you would for any meditation. Your spine should be straight and your head in alignment with your body. This meditation is in script mode, should one want to tape it and listen to it while performing the meditation. It is preferable to learn about energy and the methods of balancing, cleansing and charging the chakras and allow one's own inner voice to lead the meditation. The following is just one way of performing this balancing. Allow your meditations to evolve and to reflect your individual values and beliefs. If taped, a slow, deliberate pace should be used with a mild voice and the appropriate pauses. The body should already be relaxed and the mind tranquil when beginning this meditation. Eyes are closed.

"Now that you are relaxed and feeling very much at peace, take a moment to ground yourself here in this moment, in this body, in this place, in this time......Take some deep breaths....In.... and out....In....and out....Follow the breath as it flows toward your nostrils, as it enters your nose, as it fills your lungs and then as it is expelled. That's it, just relax into this quiet moment. Breathe in...follow your breath... and out. In....and out.

Feel where your body meets the (chair/bed/floor). Become aware of your body from head to toe, of your weight, of the heaviness of your limbs. Now focus on the area at the base of the spine, the area between your legs. This is the root chakra. It's energy is red, and it governs your physical body, your physical health and vitality. In your mind, study the appearance of this chakra...note it's color and vitality. Mentally envision the chakra and note any symbolic symptons of dis/ease. Have you been caring well for your body? If your chakra is dusty, dirty, torn, or otherwise less than a perfectly brilliant red whirling vortex, imagine your hands (or those of a guide) working on the chakra. If it is dirty, clean away the dirt and throw it into an imaginary pail with a lid. Allow those hands to repair any imperfections, and when the chakra is clean, mentally take the pail and hurl it into the sun. Watch it as it travels through space and then bursts into a zillion bits of energy upon solar contact. Allow the sun to recycle this energy back into the universe.

Now turn your attention back to the root chakra. It is a clean and red. You are surrounded by infinite root energy. Imagine the room glowing red with this energy, feel it's strength and power. See red swirls of energy flowing to your root chakra. You can feel this as a tingling as the energy fills your root chakra. As the energy swirls in your chakra grows large and deep red and strong. Allow the energy to fill your chakra until it is so vital that it extends several feet out from your body. In your mind you can see your root chakra, a brilliant red swirling vortex of physical energy.

Now turn your focus up to your abdomen, to the area of the "womb." (Or where the womb would be if you're a man). This is the orange chakra, that which controls clear thinking and creativity. Take a moment to observe the chakra. Note it's color, it's vitality. Is it clean and strong? Or is there work to be done here? Allow those invisible hands to cleanse the chakra, to repair or heal it. Discard any imperfections in the pail, and send the pail to the sun to recycle the energy. Now focus on the orange chakra again. It is now clean and whole, and a bright orange. Call out to the universe for orange creative energy and feel the space around you begin to glow orange. With a tingle you feel the energy begin to swirl into your chakra, charging it with vitality, with creativity, with clear-thought. Watch as your orange chakra grows and whirls, until it extends out from your body for several feet, just as the red root chakra is still whirling and strong.

Now, turn from the red chakra, up through the orange chakra, to the solar plexus. This is the heart of the yellow chakra, that which governs will and ambition. Take a few moments to examine this chakra. Note it's color and appearance. Have you been lazy of late, or perhaps too driven? Examine your will through this chakra. Allow the invisible hands to cleanse the chakra and heal it, discarding any imperfections or impurities in the pail. Send the pail to the sun for recycling.

Now return your attention to the yellow chakra, that of will. It is now clean and a bright yellow. 'Universe, send me yellow energy, will energy, energy to achieve my goals, to work for that which I value and desire.' Feel the yellow energy surrounding your body, and with a tingle feel the energy swirl into your solar plexus. In your mind you can see your red/root chakra glowing, whirling, your orange/womb chakra pulsing brilliantly, and your yellow/solar plexus chakra glowing strongly, extending several feet out from your body.

Now turn your attention to the middle of your chest, to the heart chakra, the green chakra. You may feel an instant wave of emotion. This chakra governs your feelings, your emotional connections to others and to the universe, to life itself. Examine this chakra. Note it's color, vitality, any impurities. Gently allow those invisible hands to cleanse and purify the chakra. Reflect a moment on how you've been feeling emotionally lately. Are there bindings holding in pain? Or is the chakra tight and hard with anger? Release any tensions, imperfections or impurities to the pail. Send them to the sun for recyclying. They are still yours if you choose to hold them, but for now, release any pain or anger.

Now focus back on the heart chakra. It is clean and a beautiful green color. It whirls strongly and evenly. 'Universe, send me green energy for my heart! Open my heart to the world, to all beings big and small, with compassion for our shared experiences and journey. Fill my heart with love energy, that I may in turn give love to others.' Feel the green energy whirling into your heart. Watch the chakra grow and glow and spin with this new energy. From the red chakra through the orange chakra through the yellow chakra through the green chakra, your chakras are cleansed and charged and huge with energy.

Now focus on the throat, center of the blue chakra which governs communication and personal magnetism. Examine the chakra, noting the color and any imperfections... Perhaps you haven't been honoring your own beliefs and speaking out when you should. Or perhaps you've been talking over others, or not listening well. Perhaps you've been feeling shy and afraid to extend your energy in communication. Allow the hands to heal and cleanse the chakra and when finished, send the impurities to the sun for recycling. Now the chakra is clean and strong and bright blue. Feel the air fill with blue universal energy. Feel the throat open as this energy swirls into the throat chakra. This energy charges your aura with magnetism, drawing others to you. Feel your throat open with this swirling, strong blue energy.

Now focus on the middle of your forehead, the third eye. This chakra is indigo and governs psychic vision and intuition. Examine the chakra for imperfections. Perhaps it is locked up due to fear. Perhaps it no longer spins out of neglect/stagnation. Allow the hands to cleanse the chakra, to heal any imperfections and recycle them in the sun. Now look at the chakra. It is a beautiful deep indigo, clean and whirling. There is psychic energy available to you beyond measure. Feel it charge the air, swirl in and around and fill your third eye chakra with deep, vital indigo energy. Feel the third eye open, and note any mental visions as this occurs. Now is a good time to pray for increased psychic power. Note the red/root chakra, the orange/womb chakra, bright, strong, big! Move your attention up to the yellow/solar plexus chakra, to the green/heart chakra, open and brilliant, to the blue/throat chakra and the indigo/third eye chakra. Your chakras are huge, whirling, and fully charged.

Now focus your attention at the crown of your head. This chakra is violet near the body, fading to white further away. This chakra governs your connection to the universe/God/Goddess/The Creator, etc... This chakra is like an umbilical cord to "home." Reflect on your spirituality of late, examine the chakra and allow any healing needed. In my experience this chakra generally needs much less work than the others. Allow the hands to heal, to cleanse, and recycle the discarded energy in the sun. Now examine the chakra. It is brilliantly violet, glowing white around the outside. Mentally reach out to that which you consider your "source..." to "God" or the Universe. Feel the response, the energy flowing back to you. Pray for the peace and joy of a strong crown chakra connection. Feel the violet energy flowing in, a loving embrace of your whole self, of your soul. See the crown chakra grow enormous, and the white energy surround your body.

All your chakras are now clean, charged and in balance. From the red/root chakra, to the orange/womb chakra, to the yellow/solar plexus chakra, to the green/heart chakra, to the blue/throat chakra, to the deep purple/third eye to the violet/crown, your chakras are spinning and whirling, full of energy and vitality. See the white energy that extends up and out from the crown chakra enveloping your whole body in a egg of white energy. You are completely refreshed, calm, and peaceful. Your energy is balanced. You are full of vitality.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 05-20-2005 08:04 PM

Proper breathing is very important in meditation and also for your general health, most people do not breath properly. This is a great link to teach you how it should be done.

http://www.abc-of-yoga.com/pranayama/home.asp

Another important thing is protecting yourself when you meditate. I surround myself with white light and ask the universe to protect me, you can ask for protection from whom ever you are comfortable with.

There are two books I highly reccomend:

l. Chakra Therapy by Keith Sherwood
2. The Art of Spiritual Healing by Keith Sherwood

Keith keeps everything simple, this does not have to be complicated, it just takes persisitance.

SAR01
Pirate

Post by SAR01 » 06-16-2005 11:04 PM

thank you for sharing these. Very insightful information. with your permission I'd like to cross post them on IC giving you credit for them as we have had a few inquiries about Chakras and cleanings, and one friend wants help with Kundiline(sp?) and meditation.

I will wait for your reply, unless you will post them there.. in Many Mansions?

(I have been gone for e few weeks only posting on my board....with gardens and herbs and mowing yards I have little time to be online!)

but I had to come peek in here!!! :)

Fred_Vobbe
Pirate

Post by Fred_Vobbe » 06-17-2005 06:48 AM

This is an interesting topic.

I just copied a bunch of cassettes onto CD for a co-worker on meditation and chants. I've often thought abouit making a copy for myself and trying it.
scientia quod ethics super ususfructus

cns
Pirate

Post by cns » 06-17-2005 07:08 AM

Oh, this is so grand! Thank you. I had lost my chakra book-I had had it for years. I meditate when I can.
And actually there are several chakra coloring books-I have two of them. Yes, I do color. I also color in mandala coloring books. It relaxes me when I am stressed.
This is like a refresher course and greatly appreciated.
I enjoy the music by, is it Voyager, supposed to be based on Pledian starship propulsions and chakra vibration frequencies. Right now it seems to be what my body needs.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 06-18-2005 09:58 AM

SAR01 wrote: thank you for sharing these. Very insightful information. with your permission I'd like to cross post them on IC giving you credit for them as we have had a few inquiries about Chakras and cleanings, and one friend wants help with Kundiline(sp?) and meditation.

I will wait for your reply, unless you will post them there.. in Many Mansions?

(I have been gone for e few weeks only posting on my board....with gardens and herbs and mowing yards I have little time to be online!)

but I had to come peek in here!!! :)

Hi Saro,
Of course you can post this information.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 03-26-2006 04:14 PM

Bump

Whitley has a fantastic audio meditation series on his website for members only. Worth joining just to get this.
http://www.unknowncountry.com
Last edited by Shirleypal on 03-26-2006 04:17 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 03-26-2006 04:16 PM

Contacting your Spirit Guides.

http://www.crystalinks.com/spirit_guides.html

Return to “Religion/Metaphysics”