At the X-Conference

UFO sightings, alien abductions, orbs, John Lear disclosure, government cover-ups...

Moderator: Super Moderators

Swerdloc
Pirate

Edgar Mitchell, 19 April 2009

Post by Swerdloc » 04-19-2009 05:26 PM

One of the presentations that made the biggest impression on me, or at least caused me to take a lot of notes, was that by Dr. Edgar Mitchell, on Sunday morning 19 April 2009. He had comparatively little in the way of prepared remarks, and spent most of his time in Q&A. There were a LOT of Qs and As, but as a result, there is not a consistent organizing principle to his remarks—just lots of thoughts:

--“In the 21st Century, we will become part of the community of planets with intelligent life…”

--He regards energy and matter as dyads, with matter being another expression of them same thing that energy is.

--To develop the technology to get humankind off the planet, outside the solar system—which we must do ultimately to survive as a species—he thinks we can do that by the end of this century, but we have first to bridge the gap between quantum mechanics and general relativity, and it’s not clear how we are going to do that. He does not believe that string theory and similar approaches ultimately hold water. (He doesn’t seem to be a fan of Michio Kaku’s ideas.)

--He once wrote a 100-page manuscript on the weaponization of space, but couldn’t find a publisher for it, and it still sits in his files. Someone suggested he publish it on the internet, and he indicated he might do something like that.

--The questioners for Mitchell included Steve Bassett, Dr. Roger Leir, and Dr. Michael Salla, who all presented at the conference.

--He said, in response to a question, that he was not aware of any parallel astronaut corps or space program, though he thinks that NASA currently is pretty ineffectual. The questioner suggested going to [url]http://www.smdc.army.mil,[/url] which he said is the website of a military space defense command.

--He said he believes absolutely that there is nonhuman intelligence interacting with humankind and flying UFOs, though he stated that he did not see ET evidences on the moon, and was never briefed on UFOs while in the Apollo program.

--He stated that John F. Kennedy “pulled a decade out of the 21st century) into the 20th to win the space race.
Anchors Aweigh

racehorse
Pirate

Post by racehorse » 04-19-2009 07:35 PM

Thank again, Swerdloc, for all of your reports. :)

I enjoyed them immensely.
racehorse

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 04-19-2009 08:36 PM

Thanks Swerdloc, sure you will remember this experience for a long time.....Edgar Mitchell is an interesting guy to say the least, I listened to an interview that Steve Bassett did on Conscious Media Network, he was all over the place and hard to understand.

Did read what you wrote about the meet and greet, sounds like a bunch of wacko's asking questions, cannot imagine Art taking those kinds of questions, of course you would never see him at one of these conference, the ones I used to attend had some very serious presenters but on the other hand there were always the nut cases that ruin part of it in my opinion, no wonder mainstream doesn't take this seriously, I wouldn't if I were on the outside looking in.

Swerdloc
Pirate

Streaming Live on CNN Right Now

Post by Swerdloc » 04-20-2009 09:25 AM

Press conference at the National Press Club. Edgar Mitchell just finished speaking.

http://www.cnn.com/video/flashLive/live ... iref=lb100
Anchors Aweigh

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 04-20-2009 10:35 AM

Wish I would have known about this sooner Swerdloc, hopefully it will be available later so I can see the whole press release.

Swerdloc
Pirate

Post by Swerdloc » 04-20-2009 10:51 AM

I just came across it when I went on CNN.com--didn't know they were going to cover it live online, and I bet neither did Bassett. It just ended after about an hour and 45 mins. Look for it in the CNN Video spot on their website--they may have it available for replay.
Anchors Aweigh

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 04-20-2009 10:54 AM

If memory serves I believe that they carried Dr. Steven Greers Disclosure Project live on CSPAN, think that is where I saw it the first time.

Swerdloc
Pirate

A Few Final Observations

Post by Swerdloc » 04-20-2009 04:42 PM

There were only two more presentations I sat through before leaving at about 3.15 pm on Sunday.

Paola Harris gave a very entertaining and nicely illustrated, but not too thoroughly organized, presentation on Hollywood’s role in the UFO phenomenon and disclosure. She focused a great deal, as might be expected, on Steven Spielberg—from “Close Encounters” to “E.T.” to “A.I.” to “Minority Report” to “Taken” and beyond. She also evoked Geo. Lucas and Shirley Maclaine, but also brought in some earlier stuff like the original “Day the Earth Stood Still,” though she seems quite taken with Keanu Reeves too. And she made serious mention of the works of both Jacques Vallee and Philip K. Dick.

Paola then spent a fair amount of time dwelling on the work of James Cameron, specifically “The Abyss,” and showed an extensive clip from toward the end of the film, in which the aquanaut played by Ed Harris encounters the powerful aliens at their far-undersea base, where they seem to have resided for quite some time. Looks like it’s worth another viewing.

The last presentation I attended was a debate/dialogue between Col. John Alexander, a slightly sympathetic skeptic who has “engaged” the UFO issue, and Stephen Bassett of PRG; “engaged” is Bassett’s term. There was a significant difference in perspective between the two, starting with the fact that Alexander had brought slides (some of which he got shown) and Bassett had not. They both came out dressed in black, wearing sunglasses, and sat down in easy chairs facing each other across a coffee table.

Alexander is a very bright and perspicacious man, retired USAF, who has worked at the highest levels of classification in the military and the Pentagon. While he is not unsympathetic to the UFO issue—and believes it’s probably ETs—he buys, ultimately, the notion that the government is telling the truth. He said that he has talked to all the “Theys” in the government and military, and while many or most of them have either had their own sightings or otherwise believe the phenomenon is real, everyone—every agency—assumed someone else was dealing with it. (Reminds me of the “someone-else’s-problem” field described in Douglas Adams’s books. It’s different to an invisibility field, because while someone can see the “cloaked” object, you just think it’s “someone else’s problem” and ignore it.)

Steve Bassett kept trying to get Alexander to acknowledge, in some way, that no matter what the ultimate provenance(s) of the UFOs, it was in some major respect a political issue. On this Alexander did not, would not, maybe could not budge. He showed statistics indicating that, while the public generally believe UFOs are real, it is not a “voting issue.” Steve kept pressing on WHY it is not, if in fact it is not. Is it because the government, for whatever reason, has systematically, over many years and in many ways including misinformation, disinformation, and the encouragement of derision, persuaded the public that this is not a big deal?

Beyond that, what of the role of entities in authority outside of the government—the Bilderbergers, the Trilateral Commission, the CFR, the freakin’ Rothschilds and Rockefellers (!?!), who seem to not only exist but to control vast piles of money, taken largely or wholly from taxpayer dollars, who can determine if Presidents or anybody else has a “need to know” but who answer to no one but themselves? (Or do they? Where did those Annunaki go, anyway?)

Anyhow, that was it. They ended on a kind of gag, in which they called up a slide of “Men in Black,” both Steve and Alexander put on their sunglasses, and Alexander pointed a wand with a red light at the end at the audience.

After that I packed up to go, since I was exhausted, but not before stopping at the PRG desk to ask Steve about volunteering as staff for next year’s X-Conference. He said to send him an e-mail, and I will.

By the way, the attractive young lady with Nick Pope was Franky Ma, a reporter/presenter for Sky Channel 200 and apparently Nick’s main squeeze. Way to go, Nick.
Anchors Aweigh

Swerdloc
Pirate

Post by Swerdloc » 04-21-2009 10:06 AM

This is CNN's coverage of the press conference held at the National Press Club yesterday. I couldn't find Part 4.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yKhKgVpgBY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGgG3p1W2iM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQWFyazxzD0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fBpA38sgwc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTr6PDtgytw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i98LBIS- ... re=related

CNN Quick Vote
Do you believe that extraterrestrial life has visited Earth?
Yes 61% 71788
No 39% 45342
Total Votes: 117130
Last edited by Swerdloc on 04-21-2009 10:08 AM, edited 1 time in total.
Anchors Aweigh

Swerdloc
Pirate

Post by Swerdloc » 04-21-2009 10:19 AM

I just found some photos of the X-Conference on Facebook that someone else took, and posted them to my Facebook profile. I'm actually in one of them.
Anchors Aweigh

Cynthia Lynn
Pirate

Post by Cynthia Lynn » 04-21-2009 10:19 AM

Is this what you're looking for, Swerdloc?

PT 4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtHP0ECNlco

Swerdloc
Pirate

Post by Swerdloc » 04-21-2009 10:20 AM

Cynthia Lynn wrote: Is this what you're looking for, Swerdloc?

PT 4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtHP0ECNlco

Yes, indeed. Thank you!
Anchors Aweigh

Cynthia Lynn
Pirate

Post by Cynthia Lynn » 04-21-2009 10:29 AM

Swerdloc wrote: Yes, indeed. Thank you!

You're most welcome.

I watched most of it on the CNN stream online.

Sometimes C-Span covers these events and I'm going to be on the watch to see if they will air it (if they covered it this year).

Anyway, it is all quite interesting.

Swerdloc
Pirate

Post by Swerdloc » 04-23-2009 07:21 PM

Full video of the National Press Club Press Conference is now up at: http://www.paradigmresearchgroup.org/main.html
Anchors Aweigh

Swerdloc
Pirate

PRG Awards at X-Conference

Post by Swerdloc » 04-27-2009 04:08 PM

Press Release 2009 PRG Awards April 27, 2009

Bethesda, MD/Washington, DC - Six individuals received PRG Awards at the fifth X-Conference (Exopolitics Expo) held last weekend at the Hilton Gaithersburg, MD. These awards are given to those who have made significant contributions toward the scientific and political resolution of the UFO/ET question.

The X-Conference focuses on the political, governmental and social implications of extraterrestrial-related phenomena. It is produced by PRG in the Washington, DC metro area as part of an ongoing activist effort seeking to end a government imposed truth embargo on the formal acknowledgement by the U. S. government of an extraterrestrial presence engaging the human race - Disclosure.

The PRG Awards are for Political Courage, Journalistic Courage, Intellectual Courage, Lifetime Achievement (posthumous), Lifetime Achievement (living), Disclosure. The 2009 Awards are as follows:

Political Courage: Center for American Progress founder and CEO John D. Podesta for his support of the Disclosure process during an era of extreme partisan politics. He assisted President Clinton's limited efforts during the first term to respond to the Rockefeller Initiative. In 2002 and 2003 he called for the release of all UFO related documents in government hands and supported the fledgling Coalition for Freedom of Information. He has counseled the new administration in favor of open, transparent government and just released a statement in support of Dr. Edgar Mitchell's call for the new president to end the UFO/ET truth embargo. [Past recipients include: former Canadian Minister of Defence Paul Hellyer, Phoenix councilwoman Frances Emma Barwood, President Jimmy Carter, and the late New Mexico Congressman Steven Schiff.]

Journalistic Courage: television journalist George Knapp for two decades of coverage of the UFO/ET issue while anchoring the news desk at KLAS TV in Las Vegas. [Past recipients include: Coast to Coast AM host George Noory, Antonio Huneeus (Chile), Sarasota Herald Tribune reporter Billy Cox, Jaime Maussan (Mexico), and White House correspondent Sarah McClendon.]

Intellectual Courage: Exopolitics Institute founder Dr. Michael Salla for his refusal to abandon his work in developing the field of exopolitics in the face of losing his academic career standing (he did), his job (he did), and his work status in the United States (he did). [The past recipient is the author of Abduction: Human Encounters with Aliens and founder of the Program for Extraordinary Experience Research the late Dr. John E. Mack.]

Lifetime Achievement (posthumous): Mercury Astronaut Col. Gordon Cooper for his career as a space pioneer and two decade effort to raise the issue of an extraterrestrial presence with the American people, the media and the United Nations. [Past recipients include: Laurance S. Rockefeller, Major Donald Keyhoe, Dr. James E. McDonald and Dr. J. Allen Hynek.]

Lifetime Achievement (living): researcher Colin Andrews for 25 years of research into and writing about perhaps the most provocative phenomenon in the world today - crop circles. [Past recipients include: Dr. Edgar Mitchell, Alfred L. Webre, Walter Andrus, Jr., and Stanton J. Friedman.]

Disclosure: Former Ministry of Defence Senior Executive Officer Nick Pope for his open engagement of the UFO/ET issue while working for the British government and as a private citizen. [Past recipients include: Dr. Jesse A. Marcel, Jr., Capt. Robert Salas (USAF ret.), the late Monsignor Corrado Balducci, and the late Lt. Col. Philip J. Corso.]

Full PRG Award information can be found at: http://www.paradigmresearchgroup.org/PRG_Awards.htm
Anchors Aweigh

Return to “UFO”