The college course Paranormal 101

Discussion of unexplained phenomena, Crop Circles, OBEs, NDEs, ESP, remote viewing, ghosts, unusual coincidence, pre-cognition, group consciousness...

Moderator: Super Moderators

Malaria_Kidd
Pirate

The college course Paranormal 101

Post by Malaria_Kidd » 09-25-2005 03:21 PM

The paranormal idealy should be studied at all universities as a required course. Much more logical than algebra. You will never use algebra every day.

Post your input in an area that will never fail to amaze us all 24/7. Your average college course will always lack that ability.

Does this college course exist in a school of higher learning near you?

MK:cool:
" So if your tired of the same old story,.....Oh, turn some pages!" REO Speed Wagon of Champaign - Urbana, Illinois / Robert Lowery, my cousin, was Hollywood's 2nd Batman.

drnewel
Pirate

University Of Maryland

Post by drnewel » 09-25-2005 06:45 PM

I took such a class. It is called "ParaPsychology." It was taught by a doctor in ParaPsychology whom also had a Ph D in Psychology. This was at the school "University Of Maryland."

There were some books written about teams in ParaPsychology running around New England in the 1930's.

I think the author's name was "H.P. Lovecraft."

There are T.V. Shows about these teams of ParaPsychologists running around with Ghost Detectors, filming themselves and recording the shadows. These T.V. Shows are based upon people with degrees in Marketing. Never-The-Less, they are practicing the science, in whatever amateur status that they may posses, of ParaPsychology. They are the poseurs if you will of ParaPsychology.

It may be that today's Scientist is in fact - the Webmaster, the Blogger, the Programmer of the 12st century.
Dr. Newel

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 09-25-2005 06:59 PM

PARAPSYCHOLOGICAL COURSES
http://www.ca-sps.org/Psy-courses.html

http://paranormal.about.com/gi/dynamic/ ... .jfku.edu/

John F. Kennedy University. JFKU offers an MA program in Consciousness Studies, which includes the meaning of reality, lucid dreaming, altered states of consciousness, and more.

JFKU is located in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Lord Moon
Pirate

Don't believe in this at all....

Post by Lord Moon » 09-25-2005 08:06 PM

My own experience is either you have the gift or you don't and theres no way to get it if you don't...

So theres no point in trying to fake it....

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 09-25-2005 08:19 PM

I believe we all have the gift, some just haven't developed it and paranormal classes do work, why don't you try it sometime Lord Moon.

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 09-26-2005 12:56 AM

In many cases, college courses that teach about paranormal topics are not described as such in order to slide by the academic ivory tower red pens and thereby succeed in existing in the first place. ;) So, they can be difficult to find by searching for them. Word of mouth among the student population and the popularity of the class often tells the true tale, tho.

I took one such class: The Psychology of Death and Dying. It DOES address it's stated subject, and does so VERY well indeed, but it also spends a good deal of time on things like NDEs and OBEs, ghosts, past-life memories, and even the human aura. One whole class period was devoted to learning to see the aura--very interesting, and was successful in over 80% of the class. This is, without a doubt, the most popular class on that campus, and the professor is well-loved by the students, too.

I guess my point is just that these classes are out there in our colleges and universities, but are often disguised.

I know there are quite a few accredited colleges in the Bay Area (in and around San Francisco--like the one Shirley posted a link to) that offer such courses openly, though. If I get time, I'll look some of those up and post links for anyone interested in checking them out.
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Malaria_Kidd
Pirate

Listening to Art now! Twilight Zone playing as bumper music!

Post by Malaria_Kidd » 09-26-2005 03:03 AM

:D Thanks all for the quick replies on the history of the paranormal 101. I will re-read these gifts to my thread.

Keep additional informative posts and links zipping on in!

The paranormal is part of all lives 24/7. All lives ever lived on Earth.:)
" So if your tired of the same old story,.....Oh, turn some pages!" REO Speed Wagon of Champaign - Urbana, Illinois / Robert Lowery, my cousin, was Hollywood's 2nd Batman.

drnewel
Pirate

Not Gifted

Post by drnewel » 09-29-2005 01:58 PM

The coursework is based on the study of ParaPsychology, not the performance of bendinga spoons, or the military applications of remote viewing demons to the point of hearing the 24 unearthly tones of the neverworld. One remote viewer on Art Bell reported remote viewing a demon while using chanting and rituals. The classes are an introduction to the litature and high points of the field. Most are not gifted, nor is it required. It is not "Hogwarts."
Dr. Newel

Malaria_Kidd
Pirate

Gifts as in..........replies

Post by Malaria_Kidd » 09-30-2005 05:26 AM

Now you know the rest of the story as Paul Harvey says twice or more a day.

Got to run now,......off to the lakes area of Horseheads and Elmira, New York.

MK:)

I've got my copy of 'Take A Walk On The Darkside' by R. Gary Patterson for readin' material. The folks we're traveling with won't be tuned in to Classic Rock.:confused:

Return to “Paranormal”