Best Practices for Time Travelers

Discussion of unexplained phenomena, Crop Circles, OBEs, NDEs, ESP, remote viewing, ghosts, unusual coincidence, pre-cognition, group consciousness...

Moderator: Super Moderators

Malaria_Kidd
Pirate

Doc, your above reply is more in line with the topic

Post by Malaria_Kidd » 08-06-2005 06:35 AM

I can not get technical about the ins and outs of time travel. Doc, and spaceprophet have thoughts way over my head.

:cool: I heard "Stay With Me" last night. It comes on and surprises me alot. I mostly do a double take after several opening rock notes. I say "Here it is again.", and I listen to every note and every word that's understandable that Rod belts out.

I watched the Mack # 2005's Panasonic clock as the song played. I drove, from a coal mine to another coal mine's rail load out. It's 6.5 miles.

I drove quickly the 4.5 miles or so as the song ended. The time was around 4 minutes and a half as usual.

I got 16 loads last night and one of them was to my time traveling song from 1974:cool:.

I lived that long ago trip one more time.

In forty years of truck driving that's one of many strange happenings I will never forget;). This story is too odd to get replies sitting 1.5 years at http://www.paratalk.co.uk /forum/ Worldwide Frights
:confused:

MK:)
Last edited by Malaria_Kidd on 08-06-2005 06:46 AM, edited 1 time in total.
" So if your tired of the same old story,.....Oh, turn some pages!" REO Speed Wagon of Champaign - Urbana, Illinois / Robert Lowery, my cousin, was Hollywood's 2nd Batman.

drnewel
Pirate

Rush Limbaugh

Post by drnewel » 08-11-2005 04:03 AM

I just saw the Rush Limbaugh site and the man in the John Titor pictures sitting next to john Titor - in the time machine -looks like Rush Limbaugh!!!!

Notice the Rush cigar stance...
Dr. Newel

Malaria_Kidd
Pirate

Coast bumper music thrill....................

Post by Malaria_Kidd » 08-13-2005 05:19 AM

drnewel, spaceprophet and all,

I was on a lonely strectch of road with the last load that would give me a total of 412 miles for the night. George's Open Lines Coast break came up.

I heard Rod Stewart and Faces boom in with "Stay With Me". That song was a first time play I think. I was tickled pink at 1:57 AM!!!

You would have had to have been there and done that bit of time travel in 1974. But 200 head of Kentucky hogs were following right along with me!

MK:D :cool:
" So if your tired of the same old story,.....Oh, turn some pages!" REO Speed Wagon of Champaign - Urbana, Illinois / Robert Lowery, my cousin, was Hollywood's 2nd Batman.

Malaria_Kidd
Pirate

I told this on Coast to Coast Live 1/28/06

Post by Malaria_Kidd » 02-05-2006 09:29 PM

This one below has been unexplainable to me for 30 years. Was it time travel? A gain in time? This wouldn't happen again to me in a million years!!

In late 1974 Rod Stewart's "Stay with me" Faces hit song started as I entered Evansville, Indiana's US 41 stop light corridor. There were twelve traffic lights in 7.1 miles. The "green light" for go went perfect with his lyrics," For tonight your going to stay with me." I didn't speed with my tractor/trailer's full load of Kentucky hogs, and I made every light green in exactly four minutes and thirty five seconds.

Rod's song ended with the drum beat finish at light twelve. In the forty-five mph speed zone I needed to be going sixty two point two six mph for this to happen. I only went the speed limit as usual. After this happened my only thoughts were, "Now just how cool was that!"

This took years to set in about what may have happened. My wife and I started the song in the same spot four winters ago, and didn't get half way through. With light traffic it took us nine minutes!

I've never heard a longer version of "Stay with me".

And neither had R. Gary Patterson as of Saturday before last. I wanted to rub elbows with the John Titor thread so I brought this out of a locked thread with 0 replies.

I left out many lines on the phone as I skipped thru the quick trip to music. "You would have had to have been in the cab with me!", was the last thing I told Ian and Gary,.....then zip they were gone.

Next time I call the ending will be more conclusive.

MK;)
Last edited by Malaria_Kidd on 02-05-2006 09:32 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Malaria_Kidd
Pirate

Re: I told this on Coast to Coast Live 1/28/06

Post by Malaria_Kidd » 02-07-2006 02:02 PM

Malaria_Kidd wrote: This one below has been unexplainable to me for 30 years. Was it time travel? A gain in time? This wouldn't happen again to me in a million years!!

In late 1974 Rod Stewart's "Stay with me" Faces hit song started as I entered Evansville, Indiana's US 41 stop light corridor. There were twelve traffic lights in 7.1 miles. The "green light" for go went perfect with his lyrics," For tonight your going to stay with me." I didn't speed with my tractor/trailer's full load of Kentucky hogs, and I made every light green in exactly four minutes and thirty five seconds.

Rod's song ended with the drum beat finish at light twelve. In the forty-five mph speed zone I needed to be going sixty two point two six mph for this to happen. I only went the speed limit as usual. After this happened my only thoughts were, "Now just how cool was that!"

This took years to set in about what may have happened. My wife and I started the song in the same spot four winters ago, and didn't get half way through. With light traffic it took us nine minutes!

I've never heard a longer version of "Stay with me".

And neither had R. Gary Patterson as of Saturday before last. I wanted to rub elbows with the John Titor thread so I brought this out of a locked thread with 0 replies.

I left out many lines on the phone as I skipped thru the quick trip to music. "You would have had to have been in the cab with me!", was the last thing I told Ian and Gary,.....then zip they were gone.

Next time I call the ending will be more conclusive.

MK;)

This one in a not so long ago past time is next. I hope I tell it as well as I can remembering the writing below,.......

Worldwide truck drivers tell tall tales. We take most with a grain of salt of which some may be transporting that too. Here's mine that I cannot explain!

I bought and still own a Scania pulling a Transcraft trailer for transporting the best timber America could grow. In 1989 it was loaded with Illinois export veneer White Oak logs all tagged IVC and headed to eastern Virginia a 760 mile trip. It was 4:00 am as I pulled into the first rest area out of Tennessee at the North Carolina line.

There was one spot left on the end next to a grassey median. Cars on the right,....trucks on the left. I pulled straight in and set the brake on my Swedish truck. One of 600 imported to the USA, and the only one with a "brush guard"-"deer killer" fold down grill guard.

I ate some cakes with milk, and to my amazement I perked up quickly. I noticed a truck comming in with his lights on bright sitting to my left behind me.

I said on the radio, " I'm ready to leave now you can have my spot." He said nothing so I reversed moving 80,000 lbs 6-8 feet. I stopped like hitting a wall! I'd hit another truck that was partly blocking the car entrance.

I got a sick feeling as I jammed the brake. The damage was done and I had 1.5 million safe miles.

I got my flashlight and wondered if there was a long log hanging over a bit. I couldn't remember. There was no overhang, AND there was NO damage to the truck I'd just slammed!

I lit it up,....nothing!,....the radiator should have been in the fan!,...coolant should be leaking!,...it shouldn't be running!,....it was! The Caterpiller motor had it's familiar sound. I ran my hand over the metal front and It was in perfect shape. I was stunned!

The driver was in the rest area building and never came out while I waited scratching my head. I kept saying to myself, "What do I tell him? I've hit your truck but there's no damage?" To my left a truck left a space open, and I pulled left to park there.

It was breaking dawn as I looked at the white new cabover Freightliner sitting there running. I laid my head down over the wheel to rest,...to wait.

It was gone when I woke up 15 minutes later! I think about this everyday and night.

Additional to the above & edits worked in from the original from paratalk in the UK;

The noise alone should have awakened drivers nearby. The truck's driver would have been knocked out of his bed! He was inside around 60 feet away. Why did he not come out right away?

No one came from anywhere to look at my damage with me. My UK friends say "Ghost truck and driver", but can you touch an enity of spirit?

This is the next one to tell Coast if I catch an Open Line. I've been trying and it ain't easy to get thru.

My few friends I've told said I was napping,.....not. I took the nap as I waited to see if the truck could leave on it's own power.

It did and I missed it completely. Like I told Ian and Gary the 28th on Coast to Coast Live, "You would have had to have been in the cab with me!"

MK

__________________:)
Last edited by Malaria_Kidd on 02-07-2006 02:15 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Live365
Ship's Bos'n

Post by Live365 » 02-07-2006 02:27 PM

Do you recall about where in the show yer call took place? I'd like to listen. :cool: But we won't know it's you until you get to the last line! Which hour was it?
Did you ever stop to think, and then forget to start again?

Live365
Ship's Bos'n

Re: Best Practices for Time Travelers

Post by Live365 » 02-07-2006 02:40 PM

spaceprophet wrote: 5. Apocalypse, baby!
No one wants to hear about the Social Security Reform Act of 2027, or Byelorussia's triumphal entry into the European Union. We want nukes! We want plague! We want civil war! If the real future is boring, we'll find out about it soon enough without you.

Incidentally, that link to the book above is worth following just to read the reader reviews, which include this gem:
I wish this book really taught me how to travel through time because if it did, I would go back in time and tell myself not to buy this book.

btw, thank you for reactivating this thread, MK. I first noticed it during a time when I was "on break", and I always wanted to come in and say how much I appreciated it. Spaceprophet's first post is not only engaging and laugh-out-loud funny, but it also reveals a remarkable level of thought and research into the subject. Most impressive. :)

Live365
Ship's Bos'n

Pah-Bump!

Post by Live365 » 02-07-2006 08:21 PM

spaceprophet wrote: Apparently the Army of 2036 knew enough to build a time machine, but wasn't able to fix a word-size error in a legacy operating system.

That bit actually made the whole story sound plausible to me.

If I may, I'd like to keep this thread bounced for a while. Once you get passed reading Spaceprophet's amazing (I'm ready to say"purely classic") post for the 18th time, you realize there's an incredible discussion going on here.

Though this thought hardly approaches the sophistication of those here, I am keeping an increasingly weary eye on the upcoming (almost 72 hours away now) 2006 Olympics. Which, according to John, should have never happened.

Unless you wish to appeal to the "divergent wordline" solution. :D

P.S. I will now go down here and rate this thread. :cool:

Mal
Pirate

Re: Pah-Bump!

Post by Mal » 02-07-2006 10:35 PM

Live365 wrote: Though this thought hardly approaches the sophistication of those here, I am keeping an increasingly weary eye on the upcoming (almost 72 hours away now) 2006 Olympics. Which, according to John, should have never happened.

The 2002 Olympics in my home town should not have happend either, do you know how much I had to pay for a beer at my local pub? :p

Live365
Ship's Bos'n

Post by Live365 » 02-07-2006 10:42 PM

I actually KNEW "A Tale of Two Cities" and "The Catcher in the Rye". But the smarter folks beat me to it.

Still waitin' fer my turn.

:eek: Wrong thread!

:D

Mal
Pirate

Post by Mal » 02-07-2006 10:50 PM

Live365 wrote: I actually KNEW "A Tale of Two Cities" and "The Catcher in the Rye". But the smarter folks beat me to it.

Still waitin' fer my turn.

:eek: Wrong thread!

I know the last one posted, want a hint?:)

Your right about this being the wrong thread I couldn't resist.

Live365
Ship's Bos'n

Post by Live365 » 02-07-2006 10:54 PM

Going there now!

Malaria_Kidd
Pirate

Live 365 the last hour @ round 11:20+ PM Paducah, Ky USA tim

Post by Malaria_Kidd » 02-08-2006 07:44 AM

Live365 wrote: Do you recall about where in the show yer call took place? I'd like to listen. :cool: But we won't know it's you until you get to the last line! Which hour was it?

I'm in the vast Mid-West too Live365. I know the C2C Live show was not replayed and did not expect it to be re-broadcast on the 200 or so radio affiliate stations.

Yes, Spaceprophet has a great thread here and I'm here where I want to be along side John Titor's very active thread.

I ended my cell call to my wife last evening and promptly turned up my FM in the MACK. Yes sir 'e Bob! The first notes of "Stay With Me" were booming from 1973! I got cold chills in both legs as usual.

As I have told Dr. Newel the song caught by chance is never at the half way point or the end.

I catch this old rock hit nightly always at or near the start for some odd reason.:cool:

Thanks for your interest and words. You and MAL lost me on the wrong thead part. But you two know what you mean.

I'm not obsessed with this experience so long ago. I live it, this weird time trip, to the max. Never in a million years again.

Go back in the thread for the exchanges with the good Doctor for the little experiment with that song and your own travels. Let me know if you try it Live 365.

MK Cody;)
Last edited by Malaria_Kidd on 02-08-2006 07:56 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Live365
Ship's Bos'n

Post by Live365 » 02-08-2006 06:32 PM

Okay, MK. I had my dates mixed up with Ian, and I thought maybe I could hear via Streamlink. It's kewl that you were on, though!

For me right now, I'm waiting to read/post until the Olympics are over. It's not that I'm *praying* for something horrible to happen in the world just so they'll be cancelled, please don't get me wrong. But I spent three years of my life on this John Titor stuff, and I'm having a real hard time sticking a fork in it. Though it's pretty hard to wiggle yerself out of "there will be no official Olympics after 2004". :(

It will be great fun reading this thread thoroughly, I'm sure! Thank you.

Malaria_Kidd
Pirate

This great "Time Travel" thread needs a theme song

Post by Malaria_Kidd » 02-09-2006 05:28 AM

Live365,

You are welcome, and I hope the 2006 Winter Olympics in Italy take place without a hitch. Listening to Coast and other talk shows leave doubts. God willing and the creek don't rise it all will work out for us all.

A time travel thread like this by spaceprophet deserves a good song. So here are the words to Pink Floyd's Dark Side Of The Moon album's timeless hit in a work of musical art.

The British rockers were named so by Syd Barrett of Cambridge. The beloved Georgia Bluesmen were Pink Anderson and Floyd Council.

TIME from 1973,...................

Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way

Tired of lying in the sunshine
Staying home to watch the rain
And you are young and life is long
And there is time to kill today
And then one day you find
Ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run
You missed the starting gun

And you run, and you run to catch up with the sun, but it's sinking
Racing around to come up behind you again
The sun is the same in a relative way, but you're older
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death

Every year is getting shorter
Never seem to find the time
Plans that either come to nought
Or half a page of scribbled lines
Hanging on in quiet desparation is the English way
The time is gone
The song is over
Thought I'd something more to say

Home, home again
I like to be here when I can
When I come home cold and tired
It's good to warm my bones beside the fire
Far away across the field
The tolling of the iron bell
Calls the faithful to their knees
To hear the softly spoken magic spells ;)

MK

Return to “Paranormal”