Ghost Hunters on the Sci Fi Channel

Discussion of unexplained phenomena, Crop Circles, OBEs, NDEs, ESP, remote viewing, ghosts, unusual coincidence, pre-cognition, group consciousness...

Moderator: Super Moderators

spaceprophet
Pirate

Ghost Hunters on the Sci Fi Channel

Post by spaceprophet » 09-15-2004 12:53 AM

The Sci Fi channel has a hip show coming in October entitled 'Ghost Hunters'. I thought this might be right up the alley of what alota C2C fans are into.

Here's their blurb: "This October, reality TV gets a makeover — SCI FI style! Premiering in the all-new SCI FI Wednesday lineup at 9/8C is Ghost Hunters, in which two ordinary guys — plumbers by trade — and their team of self-taught sleuths come 'round when just-plain-folks call them to investigate things that go bump in the night."

This looks like it might be a cross between the movies The Blair Witch Project & Session 9, MTV's Fear, and Discovery's American Chopper. Might be kinda cool. Finally a reality show I can get into.
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man. - Jack Handey

spiritme
Pirate

Post by spiritme » 10-01-2004 07:33 PM

spaceprophet
what day does that start?
I saw it advertised and I would like to see what it is going to be like?
spiritme

spaceprophet
Pirate

Post by spaceprophet » 10-04-2004 03:28 AM

Wed. Oct. 6, 9/8 C.
SciFi Channel
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man. - Jack Handey

Razimus
Pirate

Post by Razimus » 10-21-2004 11:53 PM

About the Sci-Fi channel, I'm a big fan of that channel, have been since it began on my local cable in the early 90's, but I have seen 2 episodes of "Ghost Hunters" and I have to say the show is a hoax. The "ghost hunters" are actors, bad ones at that, perhaps not all of the characters are actors but the main ones are. They set up fake stuff, like put chairs in the hallway, it's all fake.

The Sci-Fi channel has a history of hoaxes, the M. Night mockumentary promo for The Village was obviously fake, proven a hoax. The Sci-Fi channel use to have commercials with various paranormal things, ufos, ghosts, strange lightning, they proved they are somewhat talented in reproducing the paranormal. They presented these commercials as fact by the way, they aired I believe 4-5 years ago, anyway the Sci-Fi channel went even lower than any of these things.

Did you hear on C2CAM the guest mention how Dan Ackroyd was hired by Sci-Fi for a new UFO show, and they fired him before his show ever aired. The guest also mentioned how he may or may not have seen a MiB 24 hours before he was fired, but the fact is they fired Mr. Ackroyd for no good reason. I bet his show would've been a hit. Dan's bro is a real life 'ghost hunter' btw. Perhaps Sci-Fi wanted Dan to follow a script and hoax some UFOs, if so he probably wouldn't have wanted to do that, I believe he takes the topic seriously. He could have even learned about the fake ghost hunters show, who knows.

Anyway I already sent an email to Sci-Fi, if you want to here are some of their e-mail addresses:

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

spaceprophet
Pirate

Post by spaceprophet » 10-22-2004 02:07 AM

Oh I agree. I thought it stunk as well. I thought that the premise looked promising though at first.

How fake is Scare Tactics? Sheesh, that show is about as staged and set-up as you can get. I swear I've seen some of those 'victims' as actors or extras on other shows. After watching some of them on Scare Tactics it's no wonder they're never given any lines or relegated to window dressing.

Dan Ackroyd has been a guest on with Art before. I've always thought he'd be a good fill-in guest host for C2C. Dan's got a syndicated radio show about blues music. He's really good at the mic. and has an extensive interest and limitless knowledge of alot of the stuff usually discussed on C2C.
Last edited by spaceprophet on 10-22-2004 02:11 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Razimus
Pirate

heheh... scifi have banned me

Post by Razimus » 01-25-2005 12:37 AM

from their lame website...

the message I got was:

Sorry! You've been banned from registering with SCIFI.COM! The ban might apply to your handle, e-mail address, domain name or IP address. Try

registering again with a different handle or e-mail address. If that fails, contact us via e-mail

I know it's beause of the truthful email I sent to scifi saying how I didn't like their ghost hunters show. I'm glad it got through to them. Well I didn't say I hated it I said I didn't like it and why, but apparently they don't like advice, heheh... I predict ghost hunters will continue to be the bomb that it is.

mystika
Pirate

Post by mystika » 02-09-2005 07:42 PM

Haven't seen the show in a while I use to watch it all the time but for some reason I just have not tune in on it latley. Good show I liked it alot.:) Thought it was very very interesting.
Never give up on the dream.
Never stop learning.

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 02-10-2005 12:03 AM

I watched Ghost Chasers with great interest during its six-week season, and I learned a lot from it --- not about parapsychology --- but about the paranormal community.

Most of the parapsychological footwork is being done in America by working class people (like the two plumbers of the series) because the professional class in America bases its professional identity, in great measure, on a repudiation of any and all spiritual approaches to reality. Because the American professional class repudiates the spiritual, the working class has to take up the slack. But the working class lacks the educational background (and, possibly, even the intellectual aptitude) to do the job that really has to be done. It re-invents the wheel, a crude wheel at that, and believes that, in re-inventing the wheel, it has done everything that is necessary to be done. Ghost Chasers illustrates this fact in spades, which is why I have found it to be far more interesting as a sociological matter than as a strictly parapsychological one.

It's high time that we understood the bottom line to all of this. The Government has had a monopoly on paranormal and ufological material for the past fifty-eight years, and Government control is supported both by the corporate elites (who have profited greatly from that material) and by their professional class minions (most of whom are genuinely ignorant of the existence of that material). The Government, along with its corporate masters, is privately developing remote-viewing technology and UFO-crash-derived materials for the purposes of financial profit and social control. And nobody else in our society is strong enough to wrest the control from them. Which is why all that we are left with in the America is 2005 is Ghost Chasers on The Sci-Fi Channel.
"Fuggedah about it, Jake --- it's Chinatown!"

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Post by Dale O Sea » 02-10-2005 02:18 AM

Any suggestions as to what the common, simple, working-class man can do about this? I mean after we accept it's reality?

I don't have cable so I might have to find some other way to bury my head in the sand...

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 02-10-2005 12:41 PM

There is absolutely no hope for the American working class. Maybe there never was any hope foir the American working class, but there definitely is no hope for it now. The American working class chained itself to Nixon in 1968, to Reagan in 1980, and to Bush in 2000. By my count, that's three strikes, and the end of the American working class, while gruesome, will be nothing more than what it justly deserves.

But what can a working-class person do once he sees the light? Very simple. Stop thinking of himself as a working-class person, with working-class thoughts, working-class values and working-class behavior. Keep moving toward the light, a little a day every day. Will that be enough? Maybe not, but it's the only chance that a sensitive, spiritually aware working class person has to protect himself from being dragged down in the undertow when the ship finally sinks. As it will. Most assuredly, as it will.
"Fuggedah about it, Jake --- it's Chinatown!"

Malaria_Kidd
Pirate

T.A.P.S. is buzzing with the show

Post by Malaria_Kidd » 02-10-2005 02:28 PM

I rated this thread 5 due to intelligent content from informed Fantastic Forum pirates. What say ye? Maties! Arrh! A 5 it was!

Pirate talk,............a first for me. Hi joe N Dale N all!

MK I have a worm here causing problems with submissions!:mad:
" So if your tired of the same old story,.....Oh, turn some pages!" REO Speed Wagon of Champaign - Urbana, Illinois / Robert Lowery, my cousin, was Hollywood's 2nd Batman.

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Post by Dale O Sea » 02-10-2005 03:09 PM

Don't submit to the WORM! Image

:D

Get your latest Windows updates.
Get AVG
Get AdAware and Spybot.
Get the new Windows Anti-Spyware beta
then get real and get Firefox.

:)

spiritme
Pirate

Post by spiritme » 02-10-2005 10:39 PM

heard firefox was or is having problems as well. can't remember where I read that though.

Malaria_Kidd
Pirate

Thank you Dale and spiritime

Post by Malaria_Kidd » 02-11-2005 06:16 AM

We'll check the wormy links. Now back to the topic at hand. MK
" So if your tired of the same old story,.....Oh, turn some pages!" REO Speed Wagon of Champaign - Urbana, Illinois / Robert Lowery, my cousin, was Hollywood's 2nd Batman.

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Post by Dale O Sea » 02-11-2005 08:30 AM

Sorry for hijacking the topic - but this is important...

Nothing is completely safe on the 'net. Every program is vulnerable to hackers. It's just that some programs are more susceptible and easier pickings for them. Internet Explorer utilizes a feature of Windows called Activex controls. These controls can allow other programs to gain access and control of your computer either with or without your permissions or even knowledge. Mozilla, Firefox, Opera, Netscape and all other browsers do not and can not use these controls without your permission. In IE, they can and do.

Aside from IE's innate security flaws, it is the big boy on the block and that will make it a hacker target too. It is critical, if you are going to use IE to keep your Windows updates current, to run and keep a current anti-virus on your system along with a good anti-spyware program or 3 and as I said somewhere else - you need all the help you can get - pray to your god(s) alot. :)

Yes, I've read about Firefox's flaws and have suffered a few crashes myself. But for the time being, it is the safest for the money, more secure than IE and so feature rich and alive with updates and improvements that I can't ever see myself switching back now - not to the current IE product.

And another very important selling point for me - I have lost only 1-2 posts to 'gremlins' with Firefox. With IE I had lost so many I was typing them out in notepad first then pasting them into the IE window so as not to. With Firefox you can have a post open, typing a response like I am now, and page back to the previous screen(s) and come back to your post and the text will still be where you typed it. With IE it would disappear. It would sometimes disappear simply for using the little java [check message length] command. No more - never happens with Firefox.

Now, back to the ghost topic...

Return to “Paranormal”