George Noory - You will fail at attempting to host Ghost to

George Noory/Guests, Commentary,
Radio topics

Moderator: Super Moderators

Ziroc
Pirate

George Noory - You will fail at attempting to host Ghost to

Post by Ziroc » 09-09-2008 05:24 AM

Just wanted to post that... You will *NEVER* pull off a Ghost to Ghost show like Art did, because you screen everything out that is possibly interesting. And you stage your show up and have each segment all set to go.. shows me you are VERY scared of the unknown, and cannot handle 'on the fly' hosting.

Ever hear of the phrase 'no risk, no gain' ?

Art too risks, and they paid off in dividends!
You and your screeners, your set up BS, and having staged callers is what makes you fake.

You have no class dude. A robot with 95kb of code could do your job... ;)
Last edited by Ziroc on 09-09-2008 05:26 AM, edited 1 time in total.
Ziroc™
"I thought there was no Chill town!" - Howie Gordon - BB6/BB7 AS

infinitys_7th
Pirate

Post by infinitys_7th » 09-09-2008 11:41 AM

At least he will have to do an entire 4-hour show for once. :) I wonder if he can even do it? Tommy might have to take over because Noory will be snoring on the air. . .

For a long time now Noory has had the last hour on Friday night be a secret replay of a prior Open Lines final hour. Now he is starting to pull a Lend a Molten Howl and play prerecorded interviews in the first hour.

Heck, on Sunday when his 3-hour guest had line difficulties, he tried to get away with seamlessly replaying a show with an Indian doctor. Hilariously, he came on the air a bit later and said that his producers wanted a full show and woke up RCH to have as a guest. XD

starbrite
Pirate

Post by starbrite » 09-09-2008 12:43 PM

I did not catch the comment about his producers wanting a full show. I have never before heard George go to a pre-recorded show in the middle of the show and try to play it out for the rest of the evening. Normally, if that would happen to technical difficultes or the guest was not working out he would go to Open Lines.

I only started listenening to Art when he was having all of his backproblems and I remember sometimes after he started the show he would have to get off of the air. You all probably know better that I do, but I thought it was because he was in so much pain that he could not carry on with the rest of the evening. That was about the time that George came on the scene.

feetsie
Pirate

Post by feetsie » 09-09-2008 03:40 PM

infinitys_7th wrote: At least he will have to do an entire 4-hour show for once. :) I wonder if he can even do it? Tommy might have to take over because Noory will be snoring on the air. . .

Ha, Ha! Snorey Noory!

I bet you the last half hour is a pre-recorded reading of either "The Raven" or "The Tell-Tale Heart" and even though its pre-recorded he still messes it up.
God is

OMG
Pirate

Post by OMG » 09-09-2008 06:51 PM

The last half hour of open lines Friday is now almost always some repeat thing. He first did it one time he said he had to catch an early flight somewhere, and I found that understandable as he had something to do, but now it's happening all the time. I could be understanding on special occasion or a past interview out of respect. But the worse is when he is interviewing someone who more "mainstream" and feels it's not worth his time to stay up late to do this interview so they do it pre-tapped. The worst IMO was the Glenn Beck interview when he has his book coming out, there is few things worse than listening to a talk show host who should be about talking about alternatives view points interviewing another rich talk show who doesn't even need to be on C2C.

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 09-09-2008 06:56 PM

I have decided to go to Halloween Horror Nights at Universal, so I won't be tuning in. Kaz had an idea that we should have our own G2G here on the ship and I think its a great idea. Everyone could tell their own ghost stories.

I miss Art :(

Ziroc
Pirate

Post by Ziroc » 09-09-2008 08:51 PM

I haven't listened in over a year-- you are kidding me? He doesn't do a 4 hour show even now? OMG.... (literally) :)

How pathetic.. That speaks volumes. C2C won't last another year the way it sounds..

Georgie Porgie, pudding and pie, took C2C down and made us cry. first came aggrogance then came laziness, Georgie now asks 'you want fries with that?'.

heh....
Ziroc™
"I thought there was no Chill town!" - Howie Gordon - BB6/BB7 AS

HurricaneJoanie
Pirate Queen

Post by HurricaneJoanie » 09-09-2008 08:54 PM

Me, too, Linda.... I was listening to the Art Bell Matrix replays at work today and was thinking how badly I miss Art... He really, really enjoyed himself. Those tapes are as exciting as the live shows (but maybe it's because that's all we have now) in as far as you could pick up on Art's vibes and his enthusiasm.

I just can't accept that he is tired of radio. He loves his family, of course, but he's got to have his own "thing"-- and that's broadcasting.

G2G -- no Art.

:( :(
It's either real or it's a dream, There's nothing that is in between. ~ Jeff Lynne

Lakesider
Pirate

Post by Lakesider » 09-09-2008 09:57 PM

If there was ever a show that screams for prank callers it's G2G with George Noory.

viracocha
Pirate

Post by viracocha » 09-09-2008 10:06 PM

I guess this means we really have seen the last of Art Bell. One can only dream that the reason is that he has cut his ties with C2C because he's developing a new show of his own.
There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 09-09-2008 10:11 PM

viracocha wrote: I guess this means we really have seen the last of Art Bell. One can only dream that the reason is that he has cut his ties with C2C because he's developing a new show of his own.

Never say never viracocha......as Art would say, nothing is ever as it seems.

DeathValleyScotty
Pirate

Re: George Noory - You will fail at attempting to host Ghost

Post by DeathValleyScotty » 09-10-2008 12:50 AM

Originally posted by Ziroc

You have no class dude. A robot with 95kb of code could do your job... ;)

You give him too much credit Ziroc. He has a one bit brain with a parity error. The sock puppet and his teleprompter needs help reading the script. That's not saying much for the writers.

I think that explains it. It takes MORE than one person to replace Art, if he can be replaced at all.
None of us is as smart as ALL of us...

tpete
Pirate

Post by tpete » 09-11-2008 12:50 PM

Lakesider wrote: If there was ever a show that screams for prank callers it's G2G with George Noory.

Prank callers, eh . . . ? Sounds like a new Halloween tradition starting.

Problem is, would he get that it's a joke? Probably a futile exercise.

goodfello
Pirate

Post by goodfello » 09-11-2008 02:55 PM

I am sick to my stomach thinking of gn doing Ghost to Ghost. I too feel as if we have heard the last of Art Bell ............on Coast-to-Coast am. I really hope he is working on something of his own..... We will see.....
Be well!

Hunter
Pirate

Post by Hunter » 09-12-2008 01:39 PM

I can see George turning G2G AM into a broadway kiddie musical. OH wow this reminds me of something when I was in High school. There was this old stone house where I was told by my friends the other year they had a professor telling tales of local paranormal lore of western PA. The lecture sounded awesome and the next year I planned to join my friends at this lecture. Well next year finally came around and we went and sat down thats when the horror set in........They changed the format ! It was now a set up for kids!!! Lets just say I wished we had went to the local school game instead. And with George taking over G2G that feeling has returned.

He is going to ruin it!

Return to “George Noory/C2C AM Topics/Radio topics”