William Shatner Show Prediction

George Noory/Guests, Commentary,
Radio topics

Moderator: Super Moderators

Huggybaby
Pirate

William Shatner Show Prediction

Post by Huggybaby » 06-06-2008 09:57 PM

The awesome Bill Shatner will be on C2C next week. Gorge said for one, and MAYBE two hours.

I predict that it will not be two hours, because Bill will rightly want to talk about his own fantastic career, not feed Gorge's ego. Mr. Shatner will also be expecting a prepared interviewer.

That prediction was easy, here's the better one:

Gorge knows that George Takei and William Shatner don't get along too well. He was informed of this by a guest. Apparently Mr. Takei has stated that Mr. Shatner used to insist on closeups that didn't rightly belong to him. Be that as it may...

I predict that Gorge will, in a childish flight of tastelessness deriving from a lack of discipline, respect, and common sense, bring up the subject. I think he will suggest that they reconcile on C2C, with Gorge the magnanimous moderator, you know, like Henry Kissinger only more pompous. Mr. Shatner will, of course, be embarrassed and humiliated, and will end the interview as soon as possible.

I hope it doesn't happen, but I've heard Gorge try to badger guests into the same stunt before. "Tell you what, I'll have you guys on, and you can go at it, it will make fascinating radio." I have heard almost those exact words. Too bad it really makes for VERY BAD radio, not good radio at all.

I'm no psychic, so I could, and in fact, hope that I am, wrong. But if so, my forecast will be as accurate as Ed Dames. (Do we really need to call him Major? I know lots of retired military, and they're always addressed as Mister. In fact, us ex military types give short shrift to folks who play on that rank thing. It's only used to impress gullible media types.)

Main Entry: gorge
1: throat —often used with rise to indicate revulsion accompanied by a sensation of constriction <my gorge rises at the sound of snooring>

Merchant Gal
Pirate

The Rising and Falling Gorge

Post by Merchant Gal » 06-06-2008 10:41 PM

Huggybaby, I think that you have called this shot perfectly. I have seen Bill Shatner way back when on the 25K Pyramid Show, and he was fantastic at it, quick-witted and much smarter than you would assume.

I do not believe that he suffers fools gladly, and since the Clown Prince of Fools, Gorge Himself, will be uh, hosting, this could be a show that none of us want to miss.

Could even be that Gorge gets his comeuppance. Now That I would pay real money for !!

vrpodpilot
Pirate

Post by vrpodpilot » 06-06-2008 11:07 PM

Is it just me or do others feel that Noory is taking the New C2C into the Sci-Fi realm. He is always remarking on the Twilight Zone, Outer Limits, and Star Trek. While Sci-Fi is good I don't tune into C2C to hear about Fanciful Stories. Hopefully Shatner will remark on something other than the good old days and the Hollywood Entertainment Industry. Between Sci-Fi and Celebrities, I think Noory is achieving new lows.

Bobbi Snow
Pirate

Post by Bobbi Snow » 06-07-2008 12:36 AM

Like it or not, Sci-Fi is ingrained in ALL Baby Boomers as an undeniable part of our cutting-teeth history.

It seems that only the spoiled youth of the late '60s and '70s+ don't understand...

Bash me if you want. But most of you don't even remember the late '40s, the '50s, or the 60s. And a lot of you are lucky if you remember WHO Walter Mondale was.
ImageIf you're still breathing, it's not too late!

vrpodpilot
Pirate

Post by vrpodpilot » 06-07-2008 12:55 AM

Bobbi Snow wrote: Like it or not, Sci-Fi is ingrained in ALL Baby Boomers as an undeniable part of our cutting-teeth history.

It seems that only the spoiled youth of the late '60s and '70s+ don't understand...

Bash me if you want. But most of you don't even remember the late '40s, the '50s, or the 60s. And a lot of you are lucky if you remember WHO Walter Mondale was.

I like Sci-Fi, and no I won't bash you or anyone else. I worded my opinion to strongly. I was talking about the percentage of Sci-Fi and Entertainment topics compared to other Topics normally found on the Original C2C. For example tonight Noory has a guest talking about the old TV series Dark Shadows. I just feel Noory's paradigm is based more in Fantasy than Reality. While alot of the subjects covered by Art were presented as a strangeness in reality instead of entertainment.

And, I was watching the original Star Trek episodes when they were first broadcast, plus I use to stay up late on weekends and watch all of the scary B Movies made in the early days.

Biker
Pirate

Post by Biker » 06-07-2008 01:10 AM

Gotta love the old black and white B-movies.

Biker:)
"Bring me my broadsword and clear understanding".

Ian Anderson

Prker
Pirate

Post by Prker » 06-07-2008 01:36 AM

Loved those old, scary movies!

OMG
Pirate

Post by OMG » 06-07-2008 03:20 AM

vrpodpilot wrote: Is it just me or do others feel that Noory is taking the New C2C into the Sci-Fi realm. He is always remarking on the Twilight Zone, Outer Limits, and Star Trek. While Sci-Fi is good I don't tune into C2C to hear about Fanciful Stories. Hopefully Shatner will remark on something other than the good old days and the Hollywood Entertainment Industry. Between Sci-Fi and Celebrities, I think Noory is achieving new lows.

Pretty good analysis. I think Noory likes the genre but doesn't nessesary buy into it, that's why he does so many shows of other people selling of the genre in mainstream media but doesn't seem as intersted in the actual participation of it.

Huggybaby
Pirate

Post by Huggybaby » 06-07-2008 12:39 PM

He talks about TV shows and movies because

1. It's easy, no research required, and made worse by the fact that he keeps mentioning the same episodes over and over. How many times have I heard him say what a great movie Contact with Jodie Foster is. sheesh. We know Gorge, leave it alone already. Why don't you watch something a bit more challenging, like Brazil perhaps.
2. He has a sick fascination with pop culture and celebrities.
3. Many old people begin to dwell more and more in the past as they approach senility.
4. Watching TV is easier than reading a comic book.

I really hope he doesn't screw with Shatner, I'd love to hear Bill speak unfettered.

vrpodpilot
Pirate

Post by vrpodpilot » 06-07-2008 12:56 PM

Huggybaby and Merchant Gal, I'm sorry for coming across to strongly in earlier post. I'm a Gemini and It's hard to restrain the Evil Twin when discussing Noory and what he's done to our C2C. I hope my Evil One didn't offend. Sincerely, The Good One.

Huggybaby
Pirate

Post by Huggybaby » 06-07-2008 01:03 PM

Humbug, I took no offense. When discussing the demise of C2C, I say give your evil twin full reign!

vrpodpilot
Pirate

Post by vrpodpilot » 06-07-2008 01:12 PM

Thanks. I know I can come off a little strong sometimes. Which is viewed by many as unswayable to opposing arguments. When I'm actually open minded and in search of additional info to prove or disprove my position.

Bluespark
Pirate

Post by Bluespark » 06-07-2008 01:17 PM

Huggybaby wrote:
I really hope he doesn't screw with Shatner, I'd love to hear Bill speak unfettered.

William Shatner on The Howard Stern Show.

May 14th, 2008

part 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYFZQcGHFE4

part 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xtg0Ap8km5I

part 3:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7WFEmtrIrI

part 4:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWKW_ALthH4

part 5:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWfnh_00KhA

part 6:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMIXqUacj0s

Great interview.
"I don't like the Hussein thing. I have had enough of Hussein." -female Clinton supporter.

Huggybaby
Pirate

Post by Huggybaby » 06-07-2008 01:34 PM

Awesome, thanks for the links Bluespark.

vrpodpilot, you have 55 posts, and I don't see any flaming going on here, except toward GN. Let it all hang out, there seem to be lots of adults here, and not the new fangled politically correct pathetic excuse that calls itself adult nowadays, but the genuine thing.

For example, did you hear GN take umbrage at Richard Cheney's joke the other night:
"So I had Cheneys on both sides of the family and we don't even live in West Virginia."
Oh my fuc*ing gawd. I took offense because the joke was stale, not because it was "tasteless". But Gorge was SO offended. Gorge, you're a fag. How do you like that?

I know where you're coming from though, pilot. I posted in another forum the other day and got hammered. Man, it was ugly, morons jumped on me left and right. You can't defend yourself against that type of gang rape, there's no point in trying. But this place isn't like that or the hugmeister would have moseyed.

When I see a post that I think doesn't belong, I don't start flaming, I just ignore it. Posts that get no replies wither on the vine, that seems the sensible approach.

stevesh
Pirate

Post by stevesh » 06-07-2008 01:53 PM

I'm actually open minded and in search of additional info to prove or disprove my position.

Since your position is that Snoory is a total numbnuts, I wouldn't stay up late waiting for someone to prove you wrong. As a matter of fact, I can't imagine there being any evidence on the other side of that argument.

Might be fun to get a GN fan here sometime - I'd like to hear them explain their position.

Return to “George Noory/C2C AM Topics/Radio topics”