Moderator: Super Moderators

vrpodpilot
Pirate

Post by vrpodpilot » 06-07-2008 02:02 PM

Good Point!

Bluespark
Pirate

Post by Bluespark » 06-07-2008 02:54 PM

I don't really say much negative about George Noorey, mostly due to it's already been said and I don't listen to em.

But..........

Imagine if instead of The Beatles breaking up, they just replaced John Lennon with Screech, from the TV show "Saved by the Bell."

That's what I believe about C2C!
"I don't like the Hussein thing. I have had enough of Hussein." -female Clinton supporter.

OMG
Pirate

Post by OMG » 06-08-2008 10:06 AM

stevesh wrote: Might be fun to get a GN fan here sometime - I'd like to hear them explain their position.

I would defend Noory pretty regularly up to the Ouija board debacle. I would try to find the positives and think at least he would talk about a genre that isn't talked much in mainstream. and would talk about current events in a more depth way than most radio shows do. But after the Ouija board show I just couldn't give him the benefit of the doubt anymore and then recently what I thought was his strong suit (current events) he's been doing an awful job at it on the most part and the times of him going against the grain and impressing has been too few and far between.

Ziroc
Pirate

Post by Ziroc » 06-09-2008 07:00 AM

Beam his ass into space, Kirk! :) Phasers on stun! :)

If Georgie is doing this interview, it'll be a dull, scripted and a preplanned and boring interview as usual. What a waste of a good guest....

I hope Bill calls him out for his robotic interviewing 'skills'.
I'm kinda SHOCKED Shatner would even DO this interview with someone of such low caliber as Georgie.
Ziroc™
"I thought there was no Chill town!" - Howie Gordon - BB6/BB7 AS

Merchant Gal
Pirate

Post by Merchant Gal » 06-09-2008 09:48 AM

vrpodpilot wrote: Huggybaby and Merchant Gal, I'm sorry for coming across to strongly in earlier post. I'm a Gemini and It's hard to restrain the Evil Twin when discussing Noory and what he's done to our C2C. I hope my Evil One didn't offend. Sincerely, The Good One.

vrpodpilot, no offense taken. I too watched Star Trek from its debut and have watched all thru DS9 and most of Voyager.

I am a Libra with Gemini rising so I understand completely ~~ my Evil Twin lurks so close to the surface it's scary.

Just learned yesterday from Internet news that ol' Bill has a new book to push ~~ yet another autobio. This one will pick up where the others left off. His stop on C2C is part of his book tour, apparently.

Nonetheless, the man is superb to listen to, and I cannot wait to hear his reactions to Gorge's inane comments. I only hope that I can stay awake for it. If anyone on this planet has the ego to put Gorge in his place, it's Captain Kirk.

Huggybaby
Pirate

Post by Huggybaby » 06-09-2008 01:56 PM

I'm a Libra too, don't know if anything is rising though.

Have you seen the remastered classic Treks? They're very well done. But to see it here I have to stay up Friday night until four Saturday morning. And they wonder why people get their shows off the internet. That's another topic though.

starbrite
Pirate

Post by starbrite » 06-09-2008 04:39 PM

Originally posted by stevesh . . .. .
Might be fun to get a GN fan here sometime - I'd like to hear them explain their position.

I too, as some of the other posters am a Libra and to balance the scales I am a GN fan. No further explanation needed, case closed.

It should be an excellent interview. Stay tuned.

Ziroc
Pirate

Post by Ziroc » 06-10-2008 12:00 AM

Huggybaby wrote: I'm a Libra too, don't know if anything is rising though.

Have you seen the remastered classic Treks? They're very well done. But to see it here I have to stay up Friday night until four Saturday morning. And they wonder why people get their shows off the internet. That's another topic though.

The HD versions of Star Trek with all the space scenes redone with CG? Yeah, it's awesome!! And fits perfectly--doesn't look too futuristic either.. just right.

I thought DS9 was the best--story wise. The Dominion war was crazy.. those space battles were so huge!
Ziroc™
"I thought there was no Chill town!" - Howie Gordon - BB6/BB7 AS

OMG
Pirate

Post by OMG » 06-12-2008 07:56 PM

It's Shatner day!

Got to give Noory credit when it's due (and heavens knows his credit is as bad as most people with bad housing morgages) but Noory had a real good show on Tuesday, and not just "Good show for Noory" but strong program overall.

aquaman
Pirate

Post by aquaman » 06-13-2008 11:22 AM

I was disappointed with the Snoory interview, as well it's sad that William distances himself from Star Trek...

wcstflyer
Pirate

Post by wcstflyer » 06-13-2008 01:13 PM

William Shatner looks amazing for someone who is 77 years-old (birth date 3/22/31.) He also probably wishes people would respect him for the sum total body of his life's work and not for three years as Capt. James T. Kirk in the mid-sixties. Remember this was someone who was classically trained for Shakespeare long before he ever fought Klingons. An old friend of his from Canada, actor Christopher Plummer who has had the opportunity to perform wide ranging roles on the big screen, has said that Bill Shatner was one of the most talented guys he ever knew. I dismiss tales of his corny on-screen ego and occasional run-ins with old Star Trek members like George Takai. Anybody actively working for over fifty years in a competitive business like television has to have something special going for him.

Last night Shatner seemed a little tired and drifted at some points in the interview into philosophical ramblings. I know some people don't want to hear this but George Noory- who is a professional talk radio host- knew when to infuse some badly needed energy to the show. In this case callers took up the slack just when I thought William Shatner would drift-off into la-la land.

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 06-13-2008 01:41 PM

How come interviewers never ask Shatner about his role in the film "INCUBUS", or make him respond in Esperanto? That would probably annoy him just as much as another Star Track rehash.
Last edited by SquidInk on 06-13-2008 02:21 PM, edited 1 time in total.
For if it profit, none dare call it Treason.

Live365
Ship's Bos'n

Post by Live365 » 06-13-2008 02:00 PM

wcstflyer wrote: Remember this was someone who was classically trained for Shakespeare long before he ever fought Klingons. An old friend of his from Canada, actor Christopher Plummer who has had the opportunity to perform wide ranging roles on the big screen, has said that Bill Shatner was one of the most talented guys he ever knew.

Thank you for these words, wcstflyer. Aside from maybe a few scenes that were over-the-top anyway ('Devil in the Dark", though the episode itself is in my personal top fifteen, stands out as one where the acting was a bit forced), I never got how Shatner "over-acted". And I'd like to think I have discerning taste. Well, I'm a Trekkie. That proves I have dicerning taste.

On one point I do disagree: the actors' disdain for being remembered for these roles, which I know most of them have. I remember reading once that -- given that it was the 60's -- none of them would have had much of a career. Nimoy was funny looking, Shatner wasn't good-looking enough (disagree on both points, but that's what this author was asserting), Doohan and Koenig were too obscure, Nichelle and Takai were too ethnic, and so on. But because of Star Trek, they'll all go down as legends. To never be forgotten. So I've always been a bit frustrated by their lack of acceptance of the "roles of a lifetime". It's not that I can't understand it; I'm just frustrated by it. Eve Plumb not wanting to be remembered as Jan Brady is one thing. To not want to be only remembered for James T. Kirk is quite another.

Look forward to listening to the show. The Lord knows I haven't *listened to the show* in quite a long while............
Did you ever stop to think, and then forget to start again?

eagle
Pirate

Post by eagle » 06-13-2008 10:21 PM

Some of the callers sounded like they didn't care for Shatner and wanted to drool over george. I wanted to throw up.

Lakesider
Pirate

Post by Lakesider » 06-14-2008 03:24 AM

Ziroc wrote: Beam his ass into space, Kirk! :) Phasers on stun! :)

If Georgie is doing this interview, it'll be a dull, scripted and a preplanned and boring interview as usual. What a waste of a good guest....

Good call... that was exactly what it turned out to be.

Return to “George Noory/C2C AM Topics/Radio topics”