Capn Kundalini LIVE ON F F RADIO

Fantastic Forum Pirate Radio, Art Bell Fan Book

Moderator: Super Moderators

Post by Guest » 04-10-2003 10:50 PM

Hi Foxyred, thank you so much for listening to my show and taking time to give me some feedback about it. Yeah, I can put up a list of the tunes I play. That wouldn't be any problem. I'm going to be recording my New Show tonight and with luck, should have it up and online for your listening pleasure in a couple of days. Nice to met you, by the way. :)

New Show Up and Online!

Post by Guest » 04-11-2003 09:38 PM

Alright, Okay!
My new show is up and online. :) We've got your Rock Show at the Concertgebow, you got your long hair at Madison Square and your Rock 'N' Roll at the Hollywood Bowl and a special guest at the beginning of the show. It can be found here for your listening pleasure. Enjoy! :)

TABwebmaster
Boatswain

Post by TABwebmaster » 04-12-2003 12:29 PM

Great show yet again CK! Keep up the good work :D

Mark

Post by Guest » 04-12-2003 12:54 PM

TABwebmaster wrote: Great show yet again CK! Keep up the good work :D

Mark

What songs did you like most? Some feedback would be appreciated. How many people areactually listening?

Doug
Pirate

Post by Doug » 04-12-2003 01:11 PM

Captain Kundalini wrote: What songs did you like most? Some feedback would be appreciated. How many people areactually listening?
I'm listening CK! Kewl, so far. I'm only a few minutes into the show, so I'll report back with favorites after it's completion.

PS - Music is a HUGE part of my life. Always has been. Went to Nashville back in '98 to do a CD (not country). Mostly original stuff. Love the whole music scene down there. Anyway - keep it up! Gives a wonderful touch to the board having our own DJ!!
Last edited by Doug on 04-12-2003 01:18 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Gwen
Pirate

favorites~station 2

Post by Gwen » 04-12-2003 01:16 PM

CK, I loved the Tom Petty song and the last one from JC Super Star (Can We Start Again?). Thank you for all the work you put into this. I can tell you put your heart and soul in these selections. :)

Darn, I forgot Led Zeppelin. I was listening while doing housework...should have written them down :rolleyes:
Last edited by Gwen on 04-12-2003 01:23 PM, edited 1 time in total.

I Need More Listeners

Post by Guest » 04-12-2003 03:12 PM

Image Arrrggghhhh!
Not that I don't appreciate your support, folks, but I need more than just three listeners. If I had 10 or 20, it would be worth the effort. (Sigh) I guess I'm going to have to make a cataclismic decision. I'm goin to have to start holding contests.
Oh, the Humanity! Image

Gwen
Pirate

Re: New Show Up and Online!

Post by Gwen » 04-12-2003 03:22 PM

Captain Kundalini wrote: Alright, Okay!
My new show is up and online. :) We've got your Rock Show at the Concertgebow, you got your long hair at Madison Square and your Rock 'N' Roll at the Hollywood Bowl and a special guest at the beginning of the show. It can be found here for your listening pleasure. Enjoy! :)

CK, maybe it could be posted in announcements, when you put a new show up. I think a lot of people just don't think to read this thread. :(

Or maybe a lot more people listen, but just don't post. In any case, I understand your frustration.
Last edited by Gwen on 04-12-2003 03:30 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Re: New Show Up and Online!

Post by Guest » 04-12-2003 07:12 PM

Gwen wrote: CK, maybe it could be posted in announcements, when you put a new show up. I think a lot of people just don't think to read this thread. :(

Or maybe a lot more people listen, but just don't post. In any case, I understand your frustration.

Capital idea! By the way, did anyone happen to recognise the voice of the singer on the Venus and Mars part of the First track and also the very last track played on the show? ;)

TABwebmaster
Boatswain

Post by TABwebmaster » 04-12-2003 11:44 PM

That was you wasn't it CK? I forgot to mention that I thought it sounded a lot like you.

I also liked the JC Superstar song. Can't go wrong with Living in America by James Brown...although I noticed that you gave credit for that song having just played when it hadn't...it was the next song. I thought that was your way of seeing if peeps were listening. The David Bloom tribute was cool and also J. Lennon's Imagine! That's one of my favorites. The whole compilation rocked!

Keep up the good work CK!

That was a good idea to put these show announcements in the FYI/Announcements sections. That way more peeps will see it.

TTL,
Mark

Post by Guest » 04-13-2003 12:24 AM

TABwebmaster wrote: That was you wasn't it CK? I forgot to mention that I thought it sounded a lot like you.

I also liked the JC Superstar song. Can't go wrong with Living in America by James Brown...although I noticed that you gave credit for that song having just played when it hadn't...it was the next song. I thought that was your way of seeing if peeps were listening.

Did I do that? (looking sheepish) Oops! A screw up! I didn't realise I had done that. I put the music in first and then did the VO's. Thanks for pointing that out to me, Mark.
And yes, it was me singing lead on "Venus amd Mars" and "Venus and Mars (Reprise)"
. :)

The David Bloom tribute was cool and also J. Lennon's Imagine! That's one of my favorites. The whole compilation rocked!

Keep up the good work CK!

That was a good idea to put these show announcements in the FYI/Announcements sections. That way more peeps will see it.

TTL,
Mark

TABwebmaster
Boatswain

Post by TABwebmaster » 04-13-2003 05:21 AM

Well, you have a great voice, CK! Did you just do that or was that pre-recorded from some time ago? If you just did it, I'd like to hear your renditions more often. It's soothing to hear a voice that doesn't belong to some big star. :)

Mark

P.S.~Don't forget the Metallica (that is, if you like them). Either King Nothing or One.

Post by Guest » 04-13-2003 06:42 AM

TABwebmaster wrote: Well, you have a great voice, CK! Did you just do that or was that pre-recorded from some time ago? If you just did it, I'd like to hear your renditions more often. It's soothing to hear a voice that doesn't belong to some big star. :)

Mark

P.S.~Don't forget the Metallica (that is, if you like them). Either King Nothing or One.

Ah, I knew that someone would ask this question. This is how I did it:

I have two programs which I use to achieve the effect of my singing lead on some songs.

Goldwave and the Acoustica MP3 Audio Mixer.

Goldwave has a fuction that removes the vocals (on most tracks) leaving just the music tracks. I save the file after removing the vocals and then I proceed with the MP3 Audio Mixer. The MP3 Audio Mixer is basically a 24 Track Recording Studio in your computer.

Now then, in a Recording Studio, sometimes not all the Musicians or vocalists can be there at the same time, so the follwing is done:

Track 1: Bass
Track 2: Rhythm Guitar
Track 3: Lead Guitar
Track 4: Keyboards
Track 5: Drums
Track 6: Lead Vocal
Track 7: Back up Vocal #1
Track 8: Back up Vocal #2

The Sound Technician or Engineer takes all these tracks and blends them, with the help of his or her Mixing Board, into one cohesive song or instrumental track.

What I do is not all that different. I lay down the track without the Lead Vocal that I have saved (such as "Venus and Mars") into Track One. I then make sure that the Built-in recorder is set on Overdub so that while the Main track is being played, I can sing into the mic and it records my voice. Then, I save my lead vocal, assign it to Track Two, then save them both as one cohesive song into either a Wav format or mp3.
This has opened up an entirely new world for me, so to speak. IN the finished version of what you heard on my show, I blended my voice with the Studio version of "Venus and Mars" from the album of the same name and segued it with the Live version of "Rock Show" and "Jet" from "Wings Over America".
I did this while I was putting the show together on Friday. :)

And that's how I did the deed. :D
Last edited by Guest on 04-13-2003 06:51 AM, edited 1 time in total.

juno4
Pirate

Post by juno4 » 04-13-2003 11:51 AM

I did it!! I did it!! yeas I got it and this last group of yours with you doing lead and all...Is tremendous..
I did what you suggested CK and saw that Real Player and winamp took over my media player so I "selected all" and ta da...
there you were! so happy now.... thanks again..Your singing is excellent and a bonus for sure ...:cool:

Post by Guest » 04-13-2003 04:39 PM

juno4 wrote: I did it!! I did it!! yeas I got it and this last group of yours with you doing lead and all...Is tremendous..
I did what you suggested CK and saw that Real Player and winamp took over my media player so I "selected all" and ta da...
there you were! so happy now.... thanks again..Your singing is excellent and a bonus for sure ...:cool:

Alright! Great news. Glad to have you on board again and I'm glad it all worked out. Thanks for the props. :)

Return to “Fantastic Forum Productions”