9 Stretches to Relieve Lower Back Pain

Health, bio-technology

Moderator: Super Moderators

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 05-08-2019 06:08 PM

Mmmm, If I could DO any of these, moves, I don't think I would need them ?! :confused:

Lower back pain can be persistent and difficult to fix. These yoga poses can help.

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/9-st ... ket-newtab
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Riddick
Pirate

Re: 9 Stretches to Relieve Lower Back Pain

Post by Riddick » 05-08-2019 08:50 PM

I had sciatica for about six weeks last fall. I tried a bunch of exercises and stretches, but apart of being a distraction ultimately they really didn't help take the edge off the pain and neither did OTC pain relievers.

People asked me what did I do to bring it on? Nothing. It just started in my lower back, then moved to my left side and down my leg, and it would move around one place to the next. Didn't get a lot of sleep, those first 3 weeks of hell. I told my sister it was the kinda pain that I didn't want to have to live with

I coulda gone to the doc for prescription pain meds but I just toughed it out. Thankfully, it's gone, never had it before and I hope I never have it again KWIM!!
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 05-09-2019 03:05 PM

One more thing about my bout with sciatica... would you believe the only thing that did bring some brief but welcome periods of relief from the pain in those hellish first weeks was drinking lots of coffee?

So, at least from my experience, I'm somewhat sold on caffeine as an effective add-on for OTC pain treatment, yet at the same time it still has something to be desired so far as its reliability
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

-Donald Trump Image

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 05-09-2019 11:01 PM

The sciatic nerve is a nasty thing to get irritated, it just takes control! The 1st time it got to me (fairly young age). I gimped in to the Dr, who wanted to give me a cortisone shot in the nasty little nerve, being deathly afraid of needles, (still am), I started hyperventilating (never did that before either!), I was in total agony and couldn't breath either! :oops: After breathing into a paper sack for couple moments, So I could tell my much "Bewildered" Doctor why I was having a "melt-down". And I "Gimped" home with a Muscle Relaxer. And was much better in a day or two. I handle it a bit different these days.

Here is a story about caffeine and back pain, and a guy is who hell bent to get off of coffee, that would not be me.

https://medium.com/@haleypace/were-a-so ... 536a3286c3
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 05-10-2019 12:46 AM

Doka wrote: 05-09-2019 11:01 PM I "Gimped" home with a Muscle Relaxer. And was much better in a day or two. I handle it a bit different these days.
Jeez, if that's all it takes for sweet & swift relief? I'll definitely gimp over to my doctor for some muscle relaxer for the sciatic recurrence I hope I never have...
Doka wrote: 05-09-2019 11:01 PM Here is a story about caffeine and back pain, and a guy is who hell bent to get off of coffee, that would not be me.

https://medium.com/@haleypace/were-a-so ... 536a3286c3
I know there's pro & con on caffeine's effects on back pain & in general; that guy makes his case against it, but all I know is coffee drinking does right by me. So there!!

My mother who had a high pain tolerance so when she said she was hurting you KNEW the pain was bad, had several bouts of sciatica in her later years. I know what she was going through now. IIRC muscle relaxer wasn't among the doctor's orders, but regardless she always toughed it out (German stoicism donchaknow!).

-Donald Trump Image

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 05-10-2019 09:12 AM

These days, Docs aren't so ready to hand out the Muscle Relaxer's either. So an over the the counter, anti-inflammatory like "Aleve" helps. Also, staying home in a fetal position and whimpering, helps also. :shock:
KARMA RULES

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 05-10-2019 09:30 AM

Doka wrote: 05-10-2019 09:12 AM These days, Docs aren't so ready to hand out the Muscle Relaxer's either. So an over the the counter, anti-inflammatory like "Aleve" helps. Also, staying home in a fetal position and whimpering, helps also. :shock:
I tried Aleve, ibuprofen, non-aspirin, aspirin, for the most it was all hit-and-mostly miss. But the coffee, that was when I had significant relief for extended periods, not so often but enough that for a day or so I felt human again. Kept hope alive KWIM?

-Donald Trump Image

Riddick
Pirate

"It's Always Something"

Post by Riddick » 05-11-2019 07:32 AM

SO would you believe I was at Taco Bell Friday lunchtime, my bro came in, I see him there irregularly, asked what's up, he says "Remember ever seeing our Granddads not walking as if it was a chore? Well, I'm on my way to getting there myself." ?!? -

I forget the precise diagnosis, as I recall it boils down to arthritic lower lumbar problems. Surgery's no go as odds of helping are low, and it holds possibility of making things worse. That's sad news & not just for him at 6 months shy of 70.

A decade younger, I suspect something akin ahead as well. Our dad had lower back trouble, but COPD's what really did a number on his putting one foot in front of the other; For mom, it was multiple health issues and the broken hips that did it.

Both my sisters (7 & 11 years older) are doing decent in the ambulatory department right now, but one's got osteoporosis, the other has joint & upper back issues. Our Dad said getting old is hell, but my oldest sis says it's better than the alternative!

Anahoo my bro, my sciatica bout last fall and my Big Six-Oh this November has me thinking my Golden Years untarnished by body pain from whatever, wherever's too much to ask, yet I wonder is there anything I can do to mitigate or put off the worst?

Next checkup, I'll ask the doc, but knowing him, my off the top guess is he'll say: 1) Get more exercise. 2) Lose weight 3) Stop eating animal products! (UHuh! Upping grain/fruit/nut/veggie intake, THAT I could do) and 4) don't get sick by worrying -

Sound like more or less good ol' fashion common sense aging advice, or what?...They say what you don't know can't hurt you? Hey, don't let 'em kid ya; pains me to say it but the longer you live whether it's one thing or the other It's Always Something!

-Donald Trump Image

Return to “Health”