Holy Crap Batman!!!!!!!!

Health, bio-technology

Moderator: Super Moderators

kbot
Pirate

Holy Crap Batman!!!!!!!!

Post by kbot » 02-28-2019 07:36 PM

I first read this story at work yesterday in an article in JAMA. This is scary as I can see this occurring. After I read about it I contacted our quality/ regulatory people about making changes to our cadaver release practice to ensure that we notify funeral home staff if the deceased has recently been injected with radioisotopes. Probably happens much more than we think about.......

A Radioactive Dead Body Contaminated An Arizona Crematorium

Cremating certain cancer patients treated with radiation may release hot particles into air that could be inhaled by crematory workers.

An Arizona crematorium tested hot for radioactive contamination, and the likely source is a cremated man who was treated for cancer shortly before dying, a new study found.

The medical community has long been aware of potential safety risks associated with cremating cancer patients treated with “radiopharmaceuticals,” according to Nathan Yu, the study’s lead author and a resident physician in the Department of Radiation Oncology at Mayo Clinic in Arizona. But contamination of a facility has not been reported until now.

The injection of radioactive compounds is increasingly used to diagnose and treat cancer because it can be used to to deliver radiation to specifically targeted tumor cells. Given their alarming findings at the Arizona crematorium, Yu and his colleagues are calling for a more systematic approach to handling this safety challenge. There are no federal rules about exposed dead bodies, resulting in a patchwork of state regulation, according to their letter published Tuesday in the Journal of the American Medical Association. And Arizona currently doesn’t have any such rules.

The results weren’t surprising to Marco Kaltofen, a nuclear scientist at the Worcester Polytechnic Institute in Massachusetts who was not involved in the study. “They only happened to catch this one case because normally they don’t look,” he said.
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/z ... ody-cancer
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Riddick
Pirate

Re: Holy Crap Batman!!!!!!!!

Post by Riddick » 03-01-2019 03:31 AM

Ok, so we have a dead cremated Radioactive Man. Considering the Boy Wonder's shocked exclamation, I take it the news of his demise was a complete and total surprise to Gotham's Caped Crusaders?

Also, any word on if there was or will be a memorial service? It's not the death of Superman but you'd think the superhero community would still want to publicly honor a fallen colleague of RM's stature.

Then again, it could be it's being kept under wraps, with this 'cancer treatment' story as cover to buy time to bring in a replacement before panic erupts over the Atomic Avenger's absence - 'Til then they can have Rainier Wolfcastle wear the costume, with Fallout Boy doing the actual crime fighting

Still, it could be the whole thing is a ruse, designed to confound Dr. Crab with RM reconstituting himself from his ashes, in essence doing a literal "UP AND ATOM!" when his long time arch-nemesis least expects it.

In any event, far more needs be done to minimize risks with possibly irradiated corpses. In any and all cases public safety concerns should take precedence over the preservation of superheroic secret identities.
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

kbot
Pirate

Re: Holy Crap Batman!!!!!!!!

Post by kbot » 03-01-2019 08:51 PM

Riddick wrote: 03-01-2019 03:31 AM
In any event, far more needs be done to minimize risks with possibly irradiated corpses. In any and all cases public safety concerns should take precedence over the preservation of superheroic secret identities.
You'd think it would be common sense.....
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Malaria_Kidd II
Pirate
Location: SW IN USA-UK Midlands SCANIAowner @ Sound Cloud - @ Supernaturalearth

Re: Holy Rads Batman!!!!!!!!

Post by Malaria_Kidd II » 03-04-2019 02:49 PM

"Probably happens much more than we think about...."

And you have us thinking now kbot that MSN might be opening a radiated can of cremains, someday. Thanks for the heads up entry!

The newly recruited Homeland Security radioisotope monitors with Geiger counters maybe putting locks on the doors of this nations crematories. :oops: WOW!

"UP AND ATOM" :lol: A Riddick "one of" is a perfect fit and his natural gift as a new script writer for Hollywood's Super Heroes shows brightly.👍👌🎥🎬

Hmm! So Batman got a little mention, eh? Here's my cousin as Hollywood's 2nd Batman. I never met him but my late mother and late aunt did during the annual summertime Kimball Family reunions during the 1930's in SW IN. 😉 One of Robert Lowery's first assignments, as an aspiring movie actor was being a kissing coach! 8)

😘
viewtopic.php?f=70&t=49671

MK II 📫
[*]@ #2 Find the eerie antedating of 12/7/1941 vs 9/11/01

#1 A

https://youtu.be/DUY8aSx8-yo

#1 B

🌎 🏔 🌏 🗻 🌍 🌋
https://youtu.be/ajRuvYMk30E

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/superna ... -t543.html

Return to “Health”