The Russian Calender Is 14 Days Behind Our Gregorian Calender! WTHeck?

Weird and unusual, whacked out news!

Moderator: Super Moderators

Malaria_Kidd II
Pirate
Location: SW IN USA-UK Midlands SCANIAowner @ Sound Cloud - @ Supernaturalearth

The Russian Calender Is 14 Days Behind Our Gregorian Calender! WTHeck?

Post by Malaria_Kidd II » 05-30-2022 10:15 AM

Here's two good questions for our dedicated way too few pirates. Has the Russian calender always been 14 days behind our Gregorian Calender? Was it ever updated? :confused:

It's seldom mentioned but some African countrys date lines maybe living 50-70 years ahead of OUR 2022!

Africa may not be the only continent having countrys with non Gregorian dates.๐Ÿ“† ๐Ÿ“ƒ ๐ŸŽฑ

Today's AHC (American Heroes Channel) war documentary "Apocalypse WWI": When Germany's "scheming" General Ludendorff sent Vladimir Lenin out of exile in Switzerland. On his all expenses paid train trip to Russia on November 7, 1917 to aid Germany ending their war; which was October 25th on Russia's calender. :confused:

Well now! So we are we not only on totally opposite pages of peace terms with P u t i n's earlier requests, and daily we hope he ends his war in Ukraine. The USA is 14 days ahead of HIS calender!๐Ÿ˜•

When our multi country astronauts arrive at the ISS. They are arriving as time travelers days ahead of the Russian crew members! โœ‹ ๐Ÿ”ฎ ๐Ÿ˜‚

Now that's just weird, eh?

MK II โˆ†=ยฎโ„ข

kbot
Pirate

Re: The Russian Calender Is 14 Days Behind Our Gregorian Calender! WTHeck?

Post by kbot » 05-31-2022 08:55 PM

Hi MK,

So the Russian/ Eastern Orthodox calendar has been behind the western/ Latin/ Roman Catholic and Protestant denominations for quite a few centuries now.
From the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America website:

https://www.goarch.org/-/the-calendar-o ... dox-church

Religious Calendar: History and Development
Within the Orthodox Church feast days and fast days are reckoned according to two distinct calendars, the Julian Calendar and the Gregorian Calendar. The first is attributed to the Roman Emperor Julius Caesar, whose name it bears. It was later corrected in the sixteenth century by Pope Gregory XIII due to the ever-increasing discrepancy between calendar time and calculated astronomical time. Thus the Gregorian Calendar came into being.

Old and New Calendars
Inasmuch as the Julian Calendar had been in continuous use in the Christian East and West throughout the centuries, the subsequent introduction of the Gregorian Calendar in the West created yet another anomaly in the deteriorating relations between the two Churches. The need for correction of the Julian Calendar was well understood in the East and had even led some to devise a new calendar themselves. Nevertheless, the Julian Calendar remained in use throughout the Byzantine period and beyond. Despite the efforts of the emissaries of Pope Gregory to convince the Orthodox to accept the New (Gregorian) Calendar, the Orthodox Church rejected it. The main reason for its rejection was that the celebration of Easter would be altered: contrary to the injunctions of canon 7 of the Holy Apostles, the decree of the First Ecumenical Synod, and canon 1 of Ancyra, Easter would sometimes coincide with the Jewish Passover in the Gregorian calendar.

This is where the matter stood until the end of World War I. Until then, all Orthodox Churches had strictly abided by the Old (Julian) Calendar, which at present is 13 days behind the New Calendar long since adopted by the rest of Christendom. In May of 1923, however, an "Inter-Orthodox Congress" was convened at Constantinople by the then Ecumenical Patriarch, Meletios IV. Not all Orthodox Churches were in attendance. The Churches of Serbia, Romania, Greece, and Cyprus were; the Churches of Alexandria, Antioch and Jerusalem, although invited, were not; the Church of Bulgaria was not invited. Several issues were under discussion at the congress, one of which was the adoption of the New Calendar. No unanimous agreement was reached on any of the issues discussed. Several of the Orthodox Churches, however, did eventually agree, though not all at the same time, to adopt the New Calendar. These were the Churches of Constantinople, Alexandria, Antioch, Greece, Cyprus, Romania, Poland, and most recently, Bulgaria (1968); on the other hand, the Churches of Jerusalem, Russia and Serbia, along with the monasteries on Mt. Athos, all continue to adhere to the Old Calendar.

Within the Russian Orthodox Church, there is a sect called the old believers, which are an interesting sect:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Believers

Also, western churches bless them (head, lower chest, left shoulder, right shoulder). The is the reverse of the older Eastern Orthodox practice (head, lower chest, right shoulder, left shoulder). Why the difference? One theory is that the faithful watching the priest imitated as in a mirror, what they saw with the priest facing them. The western churchs have been doing it incorrectly for centuries.......
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Malaria_Kidd II
Pirate

Post by Malaria_Kidd II » 05-31-2022 11:12 PM

Hey thanks kbot!

As a time slippi'n, pig trucki'n, time traveler, being long noted at FF @ Paranormal. I would not have known the proper search terms to find your great info.

We all will enjoy your post kbot!๐Ÿ˜Ž

This is a little off topic but what about those African country's where the year could be 2161! Or way more older into the future. That find could even be more complicated.๐Ÿ˜‰

MK II โˆ†=ยฎโ„ข

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 06-02-2022 09:05 PM

Always found the concept of calendars interesting MK. The Jewish calendar is over 5,000 years old. The Chinese slightly less....... Then you have some cultures using the sun as the measure, other the moon/ lunar calendar, This creates discrepancies as well as a solar month and year and a lunar month and year don't line up.

Then there are all those ways of calculating time, such as the massive "clocks" such as Stonehenge in England, Chichen Itza in the Yucatan, sun dials, armillary spheres, medieval clocks in European town squares.......

This is an interesting link from the folks at The Old Farmer's Almanac:

https://www.almanac.com/extra/calendars ... ount-years

This is form Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calendar_era

2022 in various calendars
Gregorian calendar 2022 MMXXII
Ab urbe condita 2775
Armenian calendar 1471
ินีŽ ีŒี†ี€ิฑ
Assyrian calendar 6772
Bahรกสผรญ calendar 178โ€“179
Balinese saka calendar 1943โ€“1944
Bengali calendar 1429
Berber calendar 2972
British Regnal year 70 Eliz. 2 โ€“ 71 Eliz. 2
Buddhist calendar 2566
Burmese calendar 1384
Byzantine calendar 7530โ€“7531
Chinese calendar ่พ›ไธ‘ๅนด (Metal Ox) 4718 or 4658 โ€” to โ€” ๅฃฌๅฏ…ๅนด (Water Tiger) 4719 or 4659
Coptic calendar 1738โ€“1739
Discordian calendar 3188
Ethiopian calendar 2014โ€“2015
Hebrew calendar 5782โ€“5783
Hindu calendars
- Vikram Samvat 2078โ€“2079
- Shaka Samvat 1943โ€“1944
- Kali Yuga 5122โ€“5123
Holocene calendar 12022
Igbo calendar 1022โ€“1023
Iranian calendar 1400โ€“1401
Islamic calendar 1443โ€“1444
Japanese calendar Reiwa 4 (ไปคๅ’Œ๏ผ”ๅนด)
Javanese calendar 1955โ€“1956
Juche calendar 111
Julian calendar Gregorian minus 13 days
Korean calendar 4355
Minguo calendar ROC 111 ๆฐ‘ๅœ‹111ๅนด
Nanakshahi calendar 554
Thai solar calendar 2565
Tibetan calendar ้˜ด้‡‘็‰›ๅนด (female Iron-Ox) 2148 or 1767 or 995 โ€” to โ€” ้˜ณๆฐด่™Žๅนด (male Water-Tiger) 2149 or 1768 or 996
Unix time 1640995200 โ€“ 1672531199
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Malaria_Kidd II
Pirate

Post by Malaria_Kidd II » 06-03-2022 07:35 AM

What else can I add kbot? You did "time" up good! I never dreamed time keeping was so hugely varied planet wide!

Cave dwellers must have taken life one day at a time, unlike most of us, marching off to hunt watching their time clock called the sun!๐ŸŒ…

If you know me? I like Pink Floyd's way of keeping "Time" throughout the ages much better than any hodge poge of a mixed up calender.

That was an amazing find! Many thanks. How that's not found it's own "time" slot for a story on CBS' "60 Minutes" is beyond any reason!๐Ÿ˜’

"Tick! Tick! Tick! Tick!"๐Ÿ˜„

The Biblical legend on The Tower of Babel supposedly changed us speaking a single language into a whopping, what is it, roughly one thousand different languages? It's no wonder calenders are so unlike in your list.๐Ÿ˜‰

There's two strange topics you'll never hear a guest author talk about on Coast to Coast AM!๐Ÿ˜†

MK II โˆ†=ยฎโ„ข

Edited: corrected spelling (1) calendar ๐Ÿšฎ to calender!โณ
Last edited by Malaria_Kidd II on 06-08-2022 12:12 AM, edited 1 time in total.

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 06-07-2022 09:25 PM

Another fascinating aspect are all of the stone circles scattered around the British Isles - many of them are calendars. The most famous si Stonehenge in England, but there are also Newgrange in Ireland and the Carnac Stones in France.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnac_stones
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newgrange
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stonehenge

These sites and others also have elements of death (burial chambers, sacrificial rites) associated with them but there are elements of time/ calendars also associated with their use millennia ago....

Here's an interesting article on one of the "bog men" who were (perhaps) sacrificed a long time ago
https://www.theatlantic.com/science/ar ... es/472839/

Malaria_Kidd II
Pirate

Post by Malaria_Kidd II » 06-08-2022 12:26 AM

Wiltshire County, England! ๐ŸŒ„

I will check out your links kbot.

Edited tonight! Oh my gosh'a mighty! There's four links to ancient England awaiting everyone'z eyes! Get back up there thanks to kbot!

Indiana, Illinois and Ohio's Mound Builders could not conceive or hand engineer piling earth works similar to Newgrange's burial chamber!๐Ÿค”

kbot it's a bloomi'n miracle the G.D. nazi flyi'n modern? Barbarosan Barbarians did not daylight bomb Stonegenge into bluestone/Sarsan pebbles during the Battle of Britain!
And Newgrange to boot besides all those stone castles......plus Buckingham Palace, The Tower of London! The SOB's were just terrorizing the Brits not their ancient heritage sites. Plus forgetting about genius Allen Turring's directives for Hurricane, Spitfire's to fly via the Channel coast's swastica killer radar stations! :surprised

"I hate Illinoise nazis!" John Belushi๐Ÿ˜˜

Your interest here in calender time mix ups affecting us all daily is still thankfully exempt from the risks of inflation! Thanks again Pink Floyd and Moody Blues fan!๐Ÿฅ

MK II โˆ†=ยฎโ„ข
Last edited by Malaria_Kidd II on 06-09-2022 02:39 PM, edited 6 times in total.

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 06-08-2022 08:37 PM

Love Pink Floyd and The Moody Blues.

AT the time (1970s) when Dark Side of the Moon cam out, I honestly didn't appreciate the mental illness aspect. Was only as I became older and put everything together and though "Crap!!!!!!!:"

Still one of my favorite albums and I wear the T-shirt as often as I can :D

Favorite Moody's? Tough to tell........ Maybe their double album greatest hits.

Another Moody's side note has to do with the Paul Is Dead theory and former Moody, ex-Wings band-mate Denny Lane and how he was wrapped-up in the PID story

Malaria_Kidd II
Pirate

Post by Malaria_Kidd II » 06-08-2022 11:19 PM

As a medical study man of Massachusetts with us two a-like likeing two iconic Rockers.

I never heard my long time friend R. Gary Patterson talk on Coast's own Art Bell and his Midnight Radio Ride go on about the "Moody Blues" and the "Paul is Dead" conspiracy. All related to the London stop light vs Mercedes auto wreck beginning in 1966! Say it ain't so!๐Ÿ˜†

This latest 40 hour old Rock/Blues revelation that I found to me is somewhat on the topic of Time.......less!

There IS an eerie connection to Pink Floyd's founding, original front man Rodger Syd Barrett and the 60's to now Rock n Roll History's Minneapolis-St. Paul, Minnesota's Dylan music family who pioneered the use of an electric guitar!๐ŸŽธ ๐Ÿ“ฏ

kbot, I know your years pirating along with us at FF and the spam attacked FF2 was shying away from The Dark Side. Me too! So I keep turning to the very obvious Enlightened Side........of Rock N Roll.

As Gary's sole confidant on the timeless mysteries found inside The Pink Floyd Sound, and more at FF.

I invite you and all still aboard pirates to exchange ideas about PID vs The Moody Blues in PM'S. Or pick out other eerie Rock lyrics to discuss very publicly anywhere you and all want to begin.๐Ÿ˜‰

MK II 343 โˆ†=ยฎโ„ข

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 06-09-2022 07:33 PM

Thanks MK. Regarding the PID case I found couple of interesting - a couple of years ago, allegedly, Ringo came clean and admitted to the facts. also, George, before died recorded his final testament on the matter.

There are issues also with "Paul's" arrest Japan on marijuana charges, When the Japanese authorities reviewed his fingerprints they realized these was a discrepancy between the "Paul's" fingerprints and what they had on file. They called him an imposter and wanted to know he really was...... It took the action of the British government to get this man's release......

Two Italians conducted a series of photographic comparisons, noting such things as the size and shape of the ears of Paul prior to 1966 and afterwards, height relative to other members of the band, eye color, shape of teeth. Their conclusions were that these are two different individuals.

Before his death, John related how British intelligence were upset with the band as it became apparent that they were trying to embed clues in their albums. The three original band members were threatened and John beaten.

The new Paul increasingly took over songwriting duties and John's role faded. Keeping the secrets resulted in increased pressure and led to the band's breakup

It's a fascinating story.....

Malaria_Kidd II
Pirate

Post by Malaria_Kidd II » 06-09-2022 09:33 PM

Gary wrote the book titled "The Walrus Was Paul" "Coo, coo, cachoo!"
๐Ÿ˜‰ He brought it up in depth on Coast opening eyes with The Beatle's death clues in their songs after "66".

I've seen Paul's before and after the accident pics. A viewer could see differences between them.๐Ÿค”

In my e-mail to The Fox Mulder on Rock history and mysteries. I suggested there was so much talent and no voice change in the original. So today's Paul McCartney was still number one.๐Ÿ˜‰

Paul's 2022 Tour

https://www.stubhub.com/paul-mccartney- ... f583e7cce3

What did you think of Syd's seldom heard "Bob Dylan Blues"? I had been wondering over 25 years about the chances there was a music connection between the names Pink Floyd and Dylan. And by golly I found by shear luck that the "Wish You Were Here" "Crazy Diamond"๐Ÿ’Ž ๐ŸŽธ himself had made one!๐Ÿ˜Ž

What was the Moody's connection to PID? I was not aware of that link up.

Ringo did spill the beans on PID and I either posted that subdued news here under Music or at FF2.๐Ÿค

MK II โˆ†=ยฎโ„ข
Last edited by Malaria_Kidd II on 06-10-2022 08:09 PM, edited 1 time in total.

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 06-10-2022 07:08 PM

The Moody's connection is with Denny Laine. One PID story is that the replacement was Scottish as was Laine. The replacement bought a remote farm in Scotland and left the busy music scene in England and Denny as a new band member was at the new place frequently.

Paul played bass left-handed but his replacement was spotted playing right-handed at times. Also, after the time when Paul allegedly died in the car crash all recording stopped except for a Christmas album. The band went through a stretch of no production and when they did gear up it was studio work only, no more live tours.

Malaria_Kidd II
Pirate

Post by Malaria_Kidd II » 06-10-2022 07:42 PM

kbot wrote "The Moody's connection is with Denny Laine." So he was a former member of the Moody Blues it seems.

I'll look him up. The name escapes my memory being associated with Jason Haywood and John Lodge's blusey prime time players so gifted on stage when I was there 34 miles away. :D

I saw Bob Dylan too in 2018 and in 1998 his son was on the same outdoor stage. I stayed home for that time.

๐Ÿ“ข Because I would've been arrested by the EPD! While screaming out the alternate news I had called the band's management about with my news flash โ˜Ž. :oops: Really my Home Sweet Home, was a much better choice! ๐Ÿ’บ๐ŸŽญ ๐ŸŽซ

I hope more arrive to talk about our strange ww calender's, with your finds few know.

Also they're welcome to try mixing in a touch of off topic, everlasting Rock mysteries. Honoring the life of the master author of the music world's generated twisted tales, R. Gary Patterson.๐Ÿ˜‡ ๐ŸŽธ So don't be shy, join in.

MK II โˆ†=ยฎโ„ข
[*]@ #2 Find the eerie antedating of 12/7/1941 vs 9/11/01

#1 A

https://youtu.be/DUY8aSx8-yo

#1 B

๐ŸŒŽ ๐Ÿ” ๐ŸŒ ๐Ÿ—ป ๐ŸŒ ๐ŸŒ‹
https://youtu.be/ajRuvYMk30E

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/superna ... -t543.html

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 06-15-2022 05:32 PM

Denny Laine was with the first incarnation of The Moody Blues and sang lead on heir first hit Go Now

This is from 1965 I think.....

A couple of PID sites you might find interesting. Or not......... if nothing else, it may make you think WTF?!?!?!?!?

https://www.blogger.com/profile/00357968706389614821

https://archive.org/details/Iamaphoney

http://iamaphoney.blogspot.com/

http://www.gadflyonline.com/home/archiv ... rtney.html

Malaria_Kidd II
Pirate

Post by Malaria_Kidd II » 06-15-2022 10:54 PM

Oh my yes! 'Go Now' was huge in 1965 and on through the following years......even now in a rare play on radio!

Since Ringo told what he knew in publicised news. One would think their combined 1966 conspiracy was finally exposed.

Thanks kbot for the links that will take some time to check out.๐Ÿ˜‰

MK II โˆ†=ยฎโ„ข

Return to โ€œWeird Noozโ€