A Plea to Art

From the Far East ~ Art Bell!

Moderator: Super Moderators

DesertOfTheSea
Pirate

A Plea to Art

Post by DesertOfTheSea » 11-17-2007 12:34 PM

Art,

This is a plea to you to act now. Coast To Coast AM is but a shadow of what it once was. I speak for many fans when I say "We the fans are outraged at how the show has gone down hill since you're absence." I do want to say that we do not hold you responsible for this. We all understand that family is first and we all feel the same way. Something's got to give though. George has ran the show into the ground. He has even admitted to not reading the guest's books and or doing any research prior to the interviews. Not only is this insulting to the guests but it's damn insulting to the listeners. He has even gone as far as insulting his staff and reprimanding them on air.
There's no reason to listen anymore. There's nothing to gain from listening. Alot of us get more enjoyment listening to older shows that actually teach us something. C2CAM should be called "Waste of 4 Hours AM".
I will continue to support the guests as I've always done. Why should they suffer? I am one of many who feel the same way and we consider ourselves part of something truly special. First and Foremost we are fans of yours and fans of great radio.

Please Art, take your radio waves back. WE WANNA TAKE A NEW RIDE...........

Chas

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 11-17-2007 02:39 PM

Last night, I had a fit of insomnia, so I listened to the first hour of Noory's open lines show.

There were two calls that really disturbed me, and both of them came from educated people in prominent social positions. Noory struck me as being totally inept in dealing with both of them.

The first call came from a man who felt that he was in danger of being "taken over" by a spirit. Noory addressed the matter strictly and solely as a potential case of malign possession. I would have told the man to see a doctor (to make sure that the problem was not organic) and then to see a psychologist (to make sure that the probem was not mental). Once the medical and the psychological possibilities are excluded, then the man should consult the appropriate "spiritual professional" to determine what the matter may be. Noory assumes that force which is trying to take over the man's body is a case of malign possession, but what if it turns out to be to be a case of benign possession? What if the man is receiving what Mircea Eliade used to term "the shamanic call"? What if he is being called to channel spiritual forces? If that be the case --- and I am not necessarily saying that it is, only that it could be --- then the sooner that the man gets out of his body and lets the angelic force in, then the better for everybody, including himself. But Noory is oblivious to this possibility: for him all possession, by definition, is demonic. I was shocked by Noory's ignorance of the history of religion and of comparative religion in this matter.

The second person appeared right before the end of the hour. She was a woman who sounded educated but who was experiencing pains in the solar plexus area. Maybe she's a nut, or maybe there's something medically wrong with her. But then again, maybe she is experiencing the start of a release of kundalini energy (which, when controlled, is a wonderful thing). Here again, no discussion by Noory. In fact, he seemed manifesty bored by her and cut her off for a commercial while she was speaking.

I am not dogmatic about either one of these cases, but I was shocked to realize that these people are confiding their "spiritual emergencies" in Noory and he is dispensing to them only pedestrian advice. That bothers me a great deal. When corporate radiomen like Noory are allowed to pose as spiritual and parapsychogical experts and when Roto-Rooter plumbers hold the future of psychic research in their hands, then the field of parapsychology (including ufology) is in dire straits. Art, with no academic credentials to his name but with great natural insight and greater professional experience in the field, would have done much better with these two people. I am certain of it...
"Fuggedah about it, Jake --- it's Chinatown!"

Glop
Pirate

Post by Glop » 11-17-2007 05:00 PM

did you call george last night Joe? Someone called and said they were you but got cut off.

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 11-17-2007 05:15 PM

Glop, I presume that you are joking. However, it is true that Noory has no love in his heart for me...:D

goodfello
Pirate

Post by goodfello » 11-17-2007 05:15 PM

Thank you chas! I couldn't have said any better. Art we would love to hear what you have to say about what all is and what is ABOUT to go on in the world. I truely believe this is your calling in life.You have a God given gift as a comunicator. I dont know what it is about you and your voice, but boy you can captivate an audience.Thank you Art in advance for your thoughts and words.

Bill C
Be well!

Lakesider
Pirate

Post by Lakesider » 11-17-2007 05:58 PM

I highly doubt Art would come back to Coast in any capacity more than he is now but I would love to see Art start a new show with any other network in the overnight time slot. In fact I'm surprised this hasn't happened by now but I suppose there are reasons the general listening public isn't privy to for this aside from the CC monopoly. Within two years Art would bury Coast, George would be gone and I'm sure they know this.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 11-17-2007 05:59 PM

Please Art, take your radio waves back. WE WANNA TAKE A NEW RIDE...........Chas

I agree, am ready to take a ride again.......we need you now more than ever Art.
Thank you chas! I couldn't have said any better. Art we would love to hear what you have to say about what all is and what is ABOUT to go on in the world. I truely believe this is your calling in life.You have a God given gift as a comunicator. I dont know what it is about you and your voice, but boy you can captivate an audience.Thank you Art in advance for your thoughts and words. Bill C

My thoughts exactly goodfello, thank you.

goodfello
Pirate

Post by goodfello » 11-17-2007 06:01 PM

Yup lakesider,your probably correct. I bet he is just waiting for the right time.
Be well!

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 11-17-2007 06:21 PM

Within two years Art would bury Coast, George would be gone and I'm sure they know this.

Lakesider it wouldn't take two years to bury Noory......more like two minutes.

IvyQ
Pirate

Post by IvyQ » 11-17-2007 08:05 PM

is Art Bell nuts and am i a fool for wanting to listen to him? does the fact that 8 million other listeners that tuned into his show suggest something?

for me, maybe the truth is out there. maybe it isn't. maybe most of Art's guests and callers were total wackos, but maybe not all of them. if nothing else, Art Bell's shows were the best 'theater of the mind' i ever heard in my lifetime.

live long and prosper, Art.

JimWest
Pirate

Post by JimWest » 11-17-2007 08:26 PM

Glop wrote: did you call george last night Joe? Someone called and said they were you but got cut off.

Its true, I heard it last night too. A caller early in the live third hour of the Fri/Sat open lines C2C show told George "this is Joe Quinn of the Fantastic Forum" and George seemed OK until the caller then started to say something (maybe inappropriate) and the delay obviously cut him off before George moved to the next caller.

So that was a FAKE Joe Quinn caller last night? Who would do that?

Maybe somebody can make a short audio file clip (it was less than a minute) of the call from the streamlink archive for last night's show? Its early in the third hour.
Last edited by JimWest on 11-17-2007 08:29 PM, edited 1 time in total.

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 11-17-2007 08:49 PM

I just want to make clear for the record that I have never called the program. Anybody who called in my name was an inposter.

Glop
Pirate

Re: A Plea to Art

Post by Glop » 11-17-2007 09:02 PM

DesertOfTheSea wrote: Art, please Art, take your radio waves back. WE WANNA TAKE A NEW RIDE...........

Chas
Last edited by Glop on 11-17-2007 09:06 PM, edited 1 time in total.

IvyQ
Pirate

Post by IvyQ » 11-17-2007 09:37 PM

joequinn wrote: I just want to make clear for the record that I have never called the program. Anybody who called in my name was an inposter.
i believe you... probably some hater from some other forum.

there are many out there....

Supernova
Pirate

Post by Supernova » 11-17-2007 10:15 PM

I have not listened to Noory for quite a while now - the "dumbed" down show is just abysmal. Please Art - come on - do it again! Please consider the idea.

Return to “Art Bell/The New Frontier”