Pirate Queen

In Memory of Diana, Princess of Wales

Post by HurricaneJoanie » 08-24-2007 06:43 PM

Prayer to mark the Tenth Anniversary of the death of Diana Princess of Wales

(Traditional language)

God our Father,
we remember before thee DIANA, Princess of Wales,
and offer thee our gratitude
for all the memories of her that we treasure still.

Her vulnerability
and her willingness to reach out to the excluded and forgotten touched us all;
her generosity gave hope and joy to many.
May she rest in peace where sorrow and pain are banished,
and may the everlasting light of thy merciful love shine upon her;
through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Father eternal, unfailing source of peace to all who seek thee,
we entrust to thy love and protection
all for whom this anniversary of the tragic and untimely death of
Diana, Princess of Wales,
reawakens the pains of grief and loss.
Comfort all who mourn, that, casting all their cares upon thee,
they may be filled with thy gifts – of new life, of courage and of hope;
through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Amen.

Written by the Archbishop of Canterbury for a London memorial service to be attended by Princes William and Harry.

Link
It's either real or it's a dream, There's nothing that is in between. ~ Jeff Lynne

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 08-24-2007 06:46 PM

Hard to believe it is ten years, I don't care about Royaly in the least but I loved Princess Diana, not because she was a Princess but because of who she was, a kind, loving gererous person who did many good things in her short life, she made a difference.

HurricaneJoanie
Pirate Queen

Post by HurricaneJoanie » 08-24-2007 07:01 PM

Diana was the perfect example of what true "royalty" -- LEADERSHIP -- could've and should've been.

She holds an incredibly special place in my heart.
It's either real or it's a dream, There's nothing that is in between. ~ Jeff Lynne

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 08-24-2007 08:01 PM

She holds an incredibly special place in my heart

Mine too, the thing is Joanie she didn't think she was special, but she was.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 08-24-2007 08:11 PM

Ode to a Princess by Elton John with new words to Candle in the Wind

http://youtube.com/watch?v=M_M9fz8j9Gw

HurricaneJoanie
Pirate Queen

Camilla has the NERVE to attend this service???

Post by HurricaneJoanie » 08-25-2007 10:55 PM

It is unconscionable that she should be anywhere near this service.

Princes to read at Diana service

Princes William and Harry are to give readings at a memorial service for their mother, Diana, Princess of Wales, on the 10th anniversary of her death.
Her sister, Lady Sarah McCorquodale, will also read at Friday's service.

Among 500 expected guests are more than 30 royals, including the Duchess of Cornwall, Prime Minister Gordon Brown and celebrities such as Sir Elton John.

The hour-long service, in the Guards' Chapel in London's Wellington Barracks, will begin at midday on Friday.

Both William and Harry have been closely involved in organising the service, along with Earl Spencer, Lady McCorquodale and Lady Jane Fellowes.

Diana's musical tastes will be reflected, with some of her favourite classical music, by composers Rachmaninov and Mozart, being included.

Four hymns will be sung, concluding with her favourite, I vow to thee, my country.

The service, conducted by Rev Patrick Irwin, will also include two prayers written by Archbishop of Canterbury Rowan Williams.

An address will be given by the Bishop of London, the Rt Rev and Rt Hon Dr Richard Chartres.

Link to the BBC story

majda
Pirate

Post by majda » 08-25-2007 11:54 PM

She was a lady. She was a 'Queen'. She had dignity, and a beautiful heart. That she was used as a 'broodmare' for that family is disgusting to me. But she rose above them all! She had more class than the whole lot of them put together. I pray that the she had enough time with her sons to give them sense, compassion, understanding, and an understanding of what love is. I believe that at least for one of them, she did.

As for the rottweiler, aka: Camilla, I believe that she is experiencing the law of the universe...'like attracts like'. She has made her bed, and I believe that she isn't happy in it. Aww. What a shame.
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government -- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

HurricaneJoanie
Pirate Queen

Post by HurricaneJoanie » 08-26-2007 12:07 AM

From what I've been reading, it seems Mr. Wales isn't very happy. Guilt finally getting to him, I wonder?

What have you read/seen that would indicate ol' Rotty isn't happy, Majda? I'd love to know! :D She seems to have no conscience at all....

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 08-26-2007 12:15 AM

Diana I feel was murdered...............by royality.......

HurricaneJoanie
Pirate Queen

YES!!!!!!!

Post by HurricaneJoanie » 08-26-2007 12:12 PM

Britain's Camilla pulls out of Diana service

By Peter Griffiths
1 hour, 2 minutes ago

LONDON (Reuters) - The wife of Britain's Prince Charles said on Sunday she had decided not to attend a memorial service to mark the 10th anniversary of the death of Princess Diana.

Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, said she did not want to distract attention from the commemoration of Diana's life.

Charles's former mistress is blamed by many for breaking up his marriage to Diana. One of Diana's former closest friends, Rosa Monckton, told a Sunday newspaper that Camilla's presence would have been "deeply inappropriate."

In a statement, Camilla said she had been "touched" to be invited to the event by Charles and Diana's sons, Princes William and Harry, but had decided to stay away.

"I accepted and wanted to support them," she said. "However, on reflection, I believe my attendance could divert attention from the purpose of the occasion which is to focus on the life and service of Diana."

Former royal press officer Dickie Arbiter said it was the right decision.

"I think a lot of people felt it was inappropriate that she attend this particular memorial service," he told BBC television. "At the end of the day, she shouldn't have gone."

Diana died in a Paris car crash on August 31, 1997, with her companion Dodi al-Fayed.

The service to mark the anniversary of her death is due to take place in an army chapel near Buckingham Palace on Friday.

More than 30 members of Britain's royal family, including Queen Elizabeth, are due to attend.

Prime Minister Gordon Brown and singer Elton John are among 500 invited guests. William and Harry are to give readings.

Camilla said she was grateful to Charles, who is next in line to the throne, and his sons, for supporting her decision.

Link

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 08-26-2007 03:23 PM

Camilla has some class after all.

majda
Pirate

Post by majda » 08-26-2007 04:37 PM

Well at least the Rottweiler learned that dogs aren't allowed at such functions. Maybe Charles will bring her home a bone or something. I'm sure William and Harry are pleased.
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government -- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 08-26-2007 04:42 PM

How many here watched the wedding of Princess Diana and Prince Charles?

I watched it; it was like a fairy tale. At least for most of us girls, to see a real Prince and Princess getting married was something our fathers only told us of. I was just mesmerized with the wedding.

Glad to hear Camilla isn't going, she has no place there.

HurricaneJoanie
Pirate Queen

Post by HurricaneJoanie » 08-26-2007 04:59 PM

Shirleypal wrote: Camilla has some class after all.

You've got to be kidding, Shirley...she's afraid for her life. Her quotes are PR BS.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 08-26-2007 04:59 PM

Know what you mean Linda, I did watch it.:)

Return to “Global”