Who wears the pants??????

National news scene

Moderator: Super Moderators

kbot
Pirate

Who wears the pants??????

Post by kbot » 02-04-2021 06:41 AM

Well, in the GOP, we now KNOW that it is definitely not House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy who apparently was so cowed by Marjorie Taylor Green's extremist views that he's OK with her retaining her committee memberships.

Nice "leadership" the GOP has there...........

House Republican leader punts on punishing Marjorie Taylor Greene as Democrats move toward removing her from committees

(CNN)House GOP leader Kevin McCarthy broke his silence on Wednesday over the uproar caused by freshman Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene's conspiracy theory views, suggesting Republicans would not move to strip her from her committee assignments, effectively forcing Democrats to take action on their own.

McCarthy's move is a sharp break from a growing number of Republicans, including Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, who want the party to expunge voices promoting wild conspiracies that threaten to torpedo GOP efforts to rebuild in the aftermath of former President Donald Trump's administration.
Yet Greene has allied herself with Trump, and many House Republicans say she shouldn't be punished for views expressed before she was an elected member of Congress -- even as lawmakers in both parties are alarmed at revelations that she suggested school massacres were staged events and made many other shocking and racist claims.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/03/politics ... index.html
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

kbot
Pirate

Re: Who wears the pants??????

Post by kbot » 02-04-2021 06:44 AM

Yup folks, THIS is the new head of the GOP............ Heil Hitler!!!!!!!!

Jewish space lasers — as funny as blood-libels
JS.JPG
JS.JPG (56.2 KiB) Viewed 774 times
I like to think I can take a joke and find no pleasure in spoiling a good one. That said, I feel strongly (I surprised myself at quite how strongly) that Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene’s “Jewish space laser” conspiracy is about as funny as a blood libel.

Further still, that given its toxic timing and potential for contagion across social media, it is conceivably at least as dangerous. All this being the case, it certainly needs no help from those it targets.

This awful person’s conspiracy-theory is of course driven by evil, while amused Jewish meme-makers and sharers are certainly not. But nevertheless, I find myself almost as disturbed by the impulse to find amusement in and share these memes, as I am disgusted by the grotesque motive that spawned them. From Marjorie Taylor Greene and her likes, I expect nothing but vile hatred, however demented and twisted. But from the sharers on my FB feed — all of whom certainly despise her and her kind as much as I do — I have found the attempts at humour — and apparently even expressions of genuine amusement — accumulatively unnerving.

I haven’t really worked out exactly why these responses have thrown me so off-balance. I generally enjoy satire and gallows humor. I have laughed at certain jokes about some of the darkest chapters in Jewish — and hence human — history. But these “laser-Jew” jokes — or more precisely a Jewish inclination to turn this anti-Semitic poison into a joke — have unsettled me.

Maybe this is because it raises or even dismisses my primal Jewish fear of a future catastrophe rather than mocking the ultimately vanquished perpetrators of those gone by? Or perhaps it is because I worry that too many Jews don’t share my primal fear of how bad things can ever become?
https://blogs.timesofisrael.com/jewish- ... od-libels/
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 02-04-2021 06:55 AM

So, with the GOP, we've gone from President Lincoln, fighting and winning the American Civil War and The Emancipation Proclamation through Teddy Roosevelt and The Rough Riders, to the National Park system to Einsenhower with D-Day and the "I like Ike" days of the 50s to Reagan and the fall of Communism, George HW Bush and George W Bush and their trials.

Many would have not so nice things to say about pretty much all of them to varying degrees.

So....... hw to explain the new face of the GOP?

Whatever the result, THIS is the new face of the GOP - you guys OWN this........

Marjorie Taylor Greene penned conspiracy theory that a laser beam from space started deadly 2018 California wildfire
MG.JPG
MG.JPG (83.23 KiB) Viewed 773 times
n November 2018, California was hit with the worst wildfire in the state’s history. At the time, future Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) wrote a bizarre Facebook post that echoed QAnon conspiracy theorists and falsely claimed that the real and hidden culprit behind the disaster was a laser from space triggered by some nefarious group of people.

Greene’s post, which hasn’t previously been reported, is just the latest example to be unearthed of her embracing conspiracy theories about tragedies during her time as a right-wing commentator. In addition to being a QAnon supporter, Greene has pushed conspiracy theories about 9/11, the Parkland and Sandy Hook school shootings, the Las Vegas shooting, and the murder of Democratic staffer Seth Rich, among others.

Greene also has a history of pushing anti-Muslim and anti-Semitic remarks.

CNN’s Em Steck and Andrew Kaczynski recently reported that on her Facebook page, “Greene repeatedly indicated support for executing prominent Democratic politicians in 2018 and 2019 before being elected to Congress.”

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) and the Republican Party have done little to stop Greene’s rising profile. During the 2020 campaign, the National Republican Congressional Committee added her to its “Young Guns” fundraising and recruitment program. In November, after Greene was elected, McCarthy defended her by falsely claiming that she’d denounced her QAnon views. And Republicans have selected Greene to be a member of the House Budget Committee and the House Committee on Education and Labor. (A spokesperson for McCarthy recently told Axios: “These comments are deeply disturbing and Leader McCarthy plans to have a conversation with the Congresswoman about them.”) One of Greene’s conspiracy theories directly targets McCarthy’s state.

The Camp Fire was a horrific California wildfire that started on November 8, 2018, and, according to the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection, “burned a total of 153,336 acres, destroying 18,804 structures and resulting in 85 civilian fatalities and several firefighter injuries. The Camp Fire is the deadliest and most destructive fire in California history.” After an investigation, the department “determined that the Camp Fire was caused by electrical transmission lines owned and operated by Pacific Gas and Electricity (PG&E) located in the Pulga area.” Scientists have noted that climate change has worsened wildfires in places like California.

Conspiracy theorists have pushed other explanations for the Camp Fire, especially on social media. One theory, which has been promoted by QAnon followers, falsely posits that a nefarious entity used laser beams or a similar instrument to start the fire for financial profit or to clear space for California’s high-speed rail system.

https://www.mediamatters.org/facebook/m ... eadly-2018

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 02-04-2021 06:57 AM

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 02-04-2021 07:28 AM

MTG.JPG
MTG.JPG (67.62 KiB) Viewed 773 times
For the United States Congress, she’s still a little on the extreme side. But out there in red America, there are millions of Marjorie Taylor Greenes. Yes, millions.

But I’ve got some bad news about the GOP’s most famous freshman congresswoman: She’s not an aberration. She’s actually very representative of the boomer moms in her district (a district she moved to because the district she lived in was too competitive).

Taylor Greene is an odd mélange of all the worst elements of Trump’s Republican Party. She’s got all the crazy of a Louie Gohmert mixed with the virulent racism of a Steve King with a dash of the weird paranoia of a Devin Nunes. Her social media is a virtual oppo research file filled with some of the craziest, most disturbing Boomer brain worm content imaginable, from QAnon conspiracy theories to the preposterous idea that 9/11 was an inside job. And even before she was sworn in, MTG was at the White House having a “planning session” with the Trump team about how she was going to stop Joe Biden from “stealing the election.”

But probably the scariest thing about Taylor Greene isn’t her insane beliefs. It’s that she’s not alone. For starters, she is the representative of Georgia’s 14th Congressional District, a place where “more than six thousand recently signed a petition to save a local statue of Nathan Bedford Forrest, the first grand wizard of the Ku Klux Klan.”
https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-scari ... -not-alone

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 02-04-2021 08:15 AM

The Real Housewives of QAnon
How conspiracy theorists co-opted #SavetheChildren to lure suburban moms into Q's labyrinth.

Marjorie Taylor Greene, the Republican nominee for Georgia’s 14th congressional district, is like a lot of white women you might encounter in the suburbs. She has long blonde hair and does CrossFit. She wears cute dangly earrings, tasteful blouses, and sheath dresses you could get off the rack at Ann Taylor. She was born in 1974, and received a business degree from the University of Georgia; she and her husband purchased a construction company in an Atlanta suburb in 2002. And like an increasing number of suburban women, Greene has publicly supported QAnon, both in videos on Facebook and Q-related articles she wrote for a now-defunct far-right website called American Truth Seekers.

A common thread among many of the QAnon theories is that there exists a group of “elites”—George Soros, the Clintons, and other enemies of Donald Trump—who are responsible for horrible deeds, and the president is working covertly to stop them. Perhaps the most extreme example (which Greene has not herself espoused) is that those elites are kidnapping children and drinking their blood. During COVID, Q has expanded to include false theories about the virus (it isn’t real, masks don’t work, the vaccine is dangerous and should be avoided at all costs) and George Floyd (a crisis actor). Just to be absolutely clear, there is no evidence that any of these preposterous notions is true.
The source of these conspiracy theories is supposedly a government “insider,” with a high-level “Q” security clearance, hence the name. A user known as Q posts theories, often in cryptic, rambling prose, to the extremist message board 8kun (formerly 8chan). Each post, known as a “Q drop” or “breadcrumb,” is picked up by close followers, who study, interpret, and extrapolate from it the way a biblical scholar would with scripture, communing with followers on Q-related social media pages.

At least that’s how it used to work—and the forum through which Greene, whose Q-related posts on Hillary Clinton’s “kill list” and Satanist pedophiles date back to 2017 and 2018, might have first accessed such ideas. (Greene has since attempted to distance herself from QAnon, and did not respond to requests for an interview.) Back then, QAnon was still percolating at the fringes of society. It was bizarre and extremist, in addition to being unrooted in reality or facts. QAnon is still, at its heart, all those things. But Q, like all conspiracy theories, isn’t just an idea. It’s an organism, readily capable of adapting. Most recently, it’s set down roots in the social media feeds of middle- and upper-class women who would never deign to affiliate with something as crass or trashy as an online conspiracy theory.

How did this happen? The most straightforward answer is that QAnon got sanitized and packaged in a way that attracted a whole lot of suburban ladies. It started back in 2013, pre-Q, when, according to Harvard senior researcher Brian Friedberg, #SavetheChildren first became a rallying cry among conspiracy theorists attempting to root out a deep state pedophile ring. After Trump’s election, it collided with QAnon and #pizzagate (the false idea that Democrats were using a Washington, DC, pizza restaurant for sex trafficking) and, this past spring, the theory that the overflow hospital tents set up in Central Park were actually being used to smuggle children out of the country.
https://www.elle.com/culture/a34485099/ ... ban-women/

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 02-04-2021 08:17 AM

gts.JPG
gts.JPG (47.16 KiB) Viewed 772 times

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 02-04-2021 09:07 AM

LT.JPG
LT.JPG (37.51 KiB) Viewed 770 times

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 02-04-2021 09:07 AM

TB.JPG
TB.JPG (37.85 KiB) Viewed 770 times

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 02-04-2021 07:03 PM

No wonder Trump loves her........
MJG.JPG
MJG.JPG (39.75 KiB) Viewed 760 times

Return to “National”